It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the GBP and EUR, in a combined flat spin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Is the GBP and EUR, in a combined flat spin?

www.fxstreet.com

USD Index 80.80 +0.08% (this is just becuase I can;t copy and paste a java widget!)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Greetings all,

this is just a observation I have noticed literally over the last 24 hours. it may have been going on for longer. But I have been too distracted to notice

Just for some background, I run a small business that makes and receives invoices from vendors in EUR and converst to GBP and Vs Versa. so have to look at the rates quite often

As of Tuesday evening the GBP to EUR was around .875 and now has just peaked at around .89

Whilst this might not seem so strange, at the same time the Eur is moving in the same direction. and both are losing big against the USD. The dollar has started gaining stregth again. However the rate at which this has moved has caught my attention. Literally i am sat here watching the £v$ drop from 1.56, down through 1.54, and through 1.53.

Someone is dropping these currencies in a BIG way for this sort of move.

At the same time the USDX is going through the roof!

What is going on here. not 2 minutes ago we're all talking about the end of the dollar. and now!!

This has to be manufactured. someone was buying up EUR and GBP plus god knows whatever else, and buying big. Waiting for the USD to be on the verge of collapse, and bang. Steady controlled sale and USD buy back.

Now here another question Just where did all that bailout, and trillions of dollars that Bernanke and his pals have been making, and using in foreign banks that he would not disclose.

I think they just broke cover!

Anyway just though I would mention it. couod be a non event, and not mind been proved wrong, sooo hae your best shot.

www.fxstreet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-2-2010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Very nice

Someone else is watching currency markets other than I and my friend GBP/JPY?

You should take a look at some /EUR crosses, that will make you puke.

Could you phrase your main question in bullet form so it will be easier to answer?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Not Really sure if I have a question as such.

Only that I am noticing strange patterns that basically suggest that the EUR and the GBP are going down fast, the GBP slightly faster, as for my luck the EUR:GBP is heading back towards 1:1

Yet at the same time they are both losing ground against the USD

I guess I just want to knwo if anyone else has noticed strange rapid movements in the USD favour with other pairs, or has any idea on volume swing to the Buy USD!??

Anyway, it always gives insight!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Only that I am noticing strange patterns that basically suggest that the EUR and the GBP are going down fast, the GBP slightly faster, as for my luck the EUR:GBP is heading back towards 1:1

I guess I just want to knwo if anyone else has noticed strange rapid movements in the USD favour with other pairs, or has any idea on volume swing to the Buy USD!??

Dollar is getting stronger, yes

So right now EUR is getting stronger against the Pound

You are seeing things correctly - it hasn't been going this way in a while has it?

EUR USD monthly outlook should see us below the 1.30 level within the end of this year it looks like - many would agree

GBP should IMO go back to getting stronger against EUR - as many think EUR will start to crumble altogether -

IMO you should take a look at NZD/USD that was pretty high a month ago IMO and it has dropped pretty hard - will continue to along with AUD/USD - both very overrated

GL

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The ship is sinking fast quick lets hop in the other boat what this ship is sinking to what do we do? Hmm I think gold is about ready to make a real brake out and silver. When you have no where to hide this is your only option.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Well in all of the CIS countries the dollar is going up, but still nothing that I would consider abnormal. I think most of all it is because of the weak dollar in these countries everyone changed to Euro and now they are making people scared so they can switch back to the dollar and the dollar can go down again… well in this region it is like that anyway.

new topics

top topics

join