It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Warns Congress No More Printing of Money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

But what is coming will be infinitely worse than the 30's..
Not only business, commerce and trade will collapse, but the entire fraudulent unbacked paper money scam is going to collapse as well.
Than never happened in the 30's.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.

Don't you think they had a next stage to the plan, already thought out, when they created the Federal Reserve?

Head of IMF Proposes New Reserve Currency
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by swimmer10

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by swimmer10
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Not Necessarily the IMF replacing the federal reserve but it looks like a step toward a unified world currency, which would be a step closer to a unified world government. That is what would be bad Biblically speaking

[edit on 26-2-2010 by swimmer10]

Yes, NWO, correct?

Yes Exactly, because a christian I believe that the "NWO" is established at the end times.

The World Bank and the IMF were both established in 1944 and are both head quartered in Washington DC.

I think it is a very real possibility that this could be the NWO.

I was kind of thinking that the NWO was the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland, but I am now more inclined to believe that the NWO would instead rise out of DC.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Originally posted by Someone336

The IMF wouldn't take over the Federal Reserve because the Federal Reserve is a subsidiary of sorts for the IMF: the dual governors representing the US's central banking system and economic systems are Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke.

I was kind of thinking that the NWO was the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland, but I am now more inclined to believe that the NWO would instead rise out of DC.

Here is thread that might interest you:

The Nazi and Fascist Origins of the Bank for International Settlements

The Federal Reserve, the BIS, the IMF... it's all tied together intricately.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

What? No more shots of Wild Turkey? Kill me now! Just go ahead and kill me now! (No! Wait! I just remembered I have a couple of gallons stored in my bugout vehicle for snakebites and gunshots and such. It's okay now.)
If the SOB's are gonna interfere with me and my bourbon, I'm gonna make sure they get voted out.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Will we be getting inflation or deflation ?

People assume that they are exact opposites, and are mutually exclusive.

But they are not opposites, you can have one, the other, both or neither.
In fact they have little to do with each other directly.

Inflation is the erosion of the value of paper money due to overprinting.
It is determined ONLY by the policy of the Fed.

Deflation is the destruction of wealth through assets suddenly becoming worthless. For instance:

Someone that owes you a lot of money dies.
A company that you have invested in goes bankrupt.
The stock market crashes.
The value of your home decreases, because there are no buyers.
Same with other major assets, land, vehicles, boats.

In other words, money or assets you thought you had, just shrink in value or become worthless.

So you can have a crashing property or stock market (deflation) at the same time as the Fed is going nuts printing more money (inflation).

It looks like we will very likely be getting both inflation AND deflation together.

What we are experiencing is called Stagflation which is hard to eradicate once it get started. And thats because the cure for one is the disease for the other and vice versa and nobody has figured out how to work this well. Read the second paragraph of the wiki link to this, it will amaze you. We are screwed and they know it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why else would he come out and say what he did in front of the cameras unless he's desperate.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

What we are experiencing is called Stagflation which is hard to eradicate once it get started.

Kind of sounds like we are involved in a cold war right here in our own country.

Innovation and growth will be suppressed, new ideas ridiculed, investment in new projects halted, education limited, opportunites destroyed, hope eradicated, freedom outlawed.

People will beg for the IMF, World Bank and BIS to save them.

Be right back, I smell something burning ... I think it's my American flag ...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's pretty amazing, the Fed has printed over 10 times what the Government has spent -- what gaul to talk about fiscal responsibility. Congress should just mint $1000 coins. It's always been the biggest mistake to ignore the Constitution and privatize money-making.

Bernanke is saying this as if the Government works for him. Is the pretense about to fall?

Yes, the First Post is right -- the parasite needs the host alive. If the dollar collapsed; the peons would lose their debts and their mountain of play money would lose its value. The worst thing to happen might be to limp our way out of this and preserve the debt they made us own.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've read a bit -- but I still don't know what legitimate reason we have for Federal Notes. Sure, on the surface, it's just a bond that creates a debt that can be paid back (to back the creation of money) -- but it's just paper backing paper. It ALLOWS for inflation.

There is already rumor of a Red Note -- like "preferred stock" that gets paid before the Federal Note. Which only has value if you no longer trust the "backing of the US."

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Yes, you`ve got it now. The more they print, the more debit it makes that we have to pay back. Nothing like sticking it to not only us, but our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

So, when will it stop? It never will if we allow it to go on. The biggest problem I can see, is that either no one wants to take on the government for fear of being put behind bars, or, there are not enough people awake to make a force large enough to take them on. I myself have raised hell with my representative about this, with many e-mails. But, as he put it to me, he is only one person and can only do so much.

I`m starting to see that many of us out here are blind to the fact that we can`t continue this kind of money system. A system of continuous debit for the working people that only have so much money to live on and with. It`s not like our pay goes up each time the interest rates go up. But yet, the good ol Fed can jack it up and down at will. Gee, when was the last time the working class could do that with their pay? But yet, many can`t see that and it`s sad. Our economy is falling apart around us, yet so many want to keep their heads buried in the sand trying to ignore it as if it wasn`t happening.

The only way it`s going to stop, is if the government drops the Fed like a hot rock, and regulates the money themselves. The Fed has way to much say in the system, and that is the problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What if Congress told the U.S. Mint to start making large denomination coins?

Instead of just $1 coins, they started making $20 and $100 coins sold by direct shipment to banks in exchange for Federal Reserve Notes only, no credit and no electronic funds exchange, only physical Fed Notes.

Then the Mint could give those Federal Reserve Notes back to the Fed to pay off the national debt.

Eventually the Mint could make $5, $10, $50, and even $500 and $1000 coins so banks could save room in their vaults. Eventually all Federal Reserve Notes could be swapped out and never circulated again. We would be on U.S. Mint coins and digital accounting/transactions without any Federal Reserve Notes to weigh us down. Although all those coins would weigh us down

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I'm wondering if the printing has stopped yet, or is it considered an essential governmental system?

Obviously I don't know much, because I sure someone is going to point out that the IMF isn't a FED program is independent....

rigtht?

I'm am confused of course.
IF they stop pumping out the cash the stock market won't have the bonds to continue this artificial growth.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here....
Trying to make a straw man!

:-p

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join