It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Computer Spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You have no doubt heard about this by now... the PA school district that used a student's laptop to spy on him and the subsequent denials.

This is a wake up call, World.

If you can possibly pull yourself away from Americans Idle, there might be some wisdom here.
There you are - try to focus.

This is what the district *revealed*.
Regardless of how this pans out, I strongly suspect there is an IT department with some very interesting pictures. And I speak as the head of an IT department.

Anybody with a modicum of sense needs to think of this event as a microcosm of what's really going on, with computers at very least.

Yeah, the laptops were not used to spy. And Google would never keep your personal information. Large corporations give you things strictly due to altruism. The government is not monitoring all electronic communications.

Pay attention. What little privacy (and dignity) you have left is slipping away and you're not awake enough to notice it happening.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They said the boy was taking "pills" and that was the picture they had. The kid said it was candy that looked like pills. Here's the question, that cam had to been on for a long time taking streaming video of that child and what he was doing for that time, where is the video? And why did the administration take video and then say okay and cut a snapshot out of it. Because it wasn't a turn on and then take a snapshot and thats it, thats naive. They have video of a bunch of kids somewhere and this is far far far from over, I guarantee you. And watching enough people and peoples nature. I got a sinking suspicion that one or two or more admin and IT personnel where videotaping through the cam children for other reasons.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by hoghead cheese]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Those kids took those laptops into their private bedrooms...you know the stuff those school administrators, the men anyway, were looking for. They ought to check their hard drives.

join