It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by picrat
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

here here watcher ,Christians against Muslims against who ever and so on and so forth,when are they all going to get a brain cell that not only functions but fires on 1 cylinder. we are all here and in this mess together and we all made a hell of a mess out it . so when are we going to start to work together to straighten it out -because it seems we all cant seem to play nice with one another in this our sand box.
it seems that no one is of the chosen faith as or beliefs because we all seem to break the # 1 cardinal rule -do unto others as you would have them do unto you-be excellent unto one another.
how about # 2 do not kill do not make war.
how about # 3 judge not lest thou be judged .
intelligent aren`t we all, as we can`t seem to lose the old prejudices , name calling and so on.

worlds best advice to all of you -mankind -get your damn heads and noses out of the sky and bring them all down to earth .
old rock song wording -if god was here he`d tell us to our faces that man is some kind of SINNER.
we are all the ultimate SINNERS as we are destroying this world a part of the creation -aka our mother . because without her we are all dead .

Not all christians are against muslims that is the very few. Jews, chrsitians and muslims come for the same tree of religion of the same god. i respect muslims like anyone else.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The perhaps boring truth is anyone enlightened truly, would not even be on this website, why because we are all just shuffling around delusions.
Evil is in mans hearts.
Love is in mans hearts.
God gave us choice.
He is inside our hearts
Religion is for slaves.
Love is for and from God.
Understand?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So I've been thinking this thread over and decided to voice my own thoughts on the matter...
Keep in mind that I was a devout christian for many years of my life.
Most christians cannot nor will not agree with an atheist, it goes against everything that they have been "taught" and an atheist cannot understand a christians tolerance of a blind faith.
Can a christian drop his/her religion to follow another? No, of course not, that would be silly to go against what is obvisiously the truth... to them.
Can an atheist start worshiping a god that doesn't exist? No of course not, that would be silly to go against what is obvisiously the truth... to them.
But for a christian it is far more extream because they cannot leave their faith at the door to learn something new, or risk eternal damnation.
An Atheist can, but will never be true to it (religion), because it is just silly.
I ask this to all christians though, did you convert to christianity, or were you just born into it? (same with atheists, I'm not forgetting about you)
For those born into their faith, if it makes you a better person, helps you to grow spiritually (nothing to do with a "god"), awesome, but if you push your religion as being the absolute without knowing anthing else, what does that say about your growth as a soul? I grew out of religion, I'm still just as spiritual, actually more so, but no longer held to any dogma of men.
And isn't church the meeting of two or more minds to exchange ideas? If that is the case (what I like to believe), then the whole ATS comunity is one big church! LOL crazy huh?
I digress, I Like to think that we are all here to spiritually grow as souls and however you get there is the point.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by westlink

But for a christian it is far more extream because they cannot leave their faith at the door to learn something new, or risk eternal damnation.

You are so right. It was very hard for me to twist my mind out of the knots that a religion placed within it.

The fear...was the biggest thing. Fear that I could be mislead by something outside of God...fear that by following my heart was wrong. The Bible does not encourage one to use their own reasoning's...even though God made us with this mind that 'reasons'.

But now...I would not of learned what I understand...without stepping away from the idea that the book held all the answers. Now...I see why God would not leave all the answers in a book.

I was raised as a Christian. Walked the path strongly till about the age of 30. Im 34 now...it took me close to a year to just converse daily to God that I had true intentions for my seeking and need of understanding. I went through heart wrenching prayers to Thee that I felt the need to follow my heart and seek beyond the book...and that I needed Thee to lead me. The first thing I felt a deep desire to do while going through this time was to fast from all meats. I feel that this was the Holy Spirit's first step with me. The next was going through much forgiveness to others. Hand in hand with the forgiving came the need to learn about unconditional love.

I learned later...I had no reasons to fear in the first place. But the fear is what held me back for a long time. Was one of the hardest tasks I have been faced with in this life...overcoming the fear the Bible placed into me. Somehow, deep down within, I knew I was loved. It was a battle within me, of what I felt within, and what I had been told and conditioned to.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I am so happy for you that you have been able to find(and are still finding I hope) the path that brings you peace. I feel it is a never ending journey to walk. Just like an infant grows to adulthood, our souls grow in spirit and universal understanding. God, or whatever term you like, I feel is the inbetween. It is what fills the space between atoms and cradles them together, hince "God" is IN us
Meh, but that is just me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Thanks for that! It is a huge relief to me that on a personal path...I found more spiritual understandings then in my entire life.

It is a journey that last a life time....and mabey many lifetimes. I dont ever think my 'learning' or 'journey' is complete in anyways.

All my best!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

The Ten Commandments and "Love Thy Neighbor" are the only two reasons annoying little idiots are allowed to live to annoy us. You should think about that. In a pagan society you wouldn't last ten minutes with a whiny loser attitude like yours.

Vive le revolucion.

Such loving words from a devoted Christian........ ohhh I feel the Love, praise the Lord!

Well.... I suppose us Idiots should be thankful then that God had the foresight to create these commandments just in case certain individuals lost all self control, after all, that's the hardest thing to do in life isn't it?
Control thy self.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There are some people who use their religion as a sword and not the shield... I wonder what would have happened if they had any real supernatural power? Smites all around lol. I think the human race would have gone extinct a thousand years ago

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think the human factor has this to bring from a wise teaching; Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. But teach a man to fish, and he can CHARGE LESSONS for a lifetime.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, you are talking about indoctrination. It is a big problem of human social life, not just in case of christianity, but on several fields of life.
During the evolution of human mind some intelligent but antisocial persons started to perfect the techniques of manipulation. Now, there are three groups(as far as I see):
1. manipulators (unnaturally antisocial=they are parasitic to their own species, and they don't care about other species, either. They are more driven by mind than by emotions, but know how to pretend and manipulate emotions),
2. 'logical minds'(they tend to be naturally social or naturally individualist, they are also more rational than emotional, or mind and emotions are on the same level)
3. the indroctrinated (unnaturally social=they are more emotional than rational, they can be easily controlled by manipulators. They are mostly benevolent, they do harm unwillingly...They usually care about human race and other life forms, but they cannot help much while they are puppets of the parasites).
This three levelled state of mind in mankind causes not just lack of justice in society, but this is the root of environmental crisis, too. Because the third group is the biggest, manipulators dominate the planet.(to show some data: 20% of Earth's population owns 80%of Earth's production, while economy is unsustainable :ecological footprint researchers found that we needed three times bigger planet to sustain nowaday's economy standard(or decrease the full human population to a 2 billions)
THIS problem should be solved somehow, or we (the social/rational) will cry bitter tears for mother nature and ourselves...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Sumerian lore goes back WAY farther than Ancient Greek mythos
Enki - Lucifer/Satan (Sumerian creator of man)
enill - jahova

Dont know where this jesus archetype stands in Sumerian lore though.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

All of it relying on Blind Faith...

Well there is a lie right there! God does not ask for blind faith. If that was the case why do we have the Bible to begin with?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Jesus Christ never engaged in a war with anyone. The Powers that be have their own agenda sure. Somehow you have confused the powers that be with true followers and disciples of Jesus Christ. As you hold onto this this fallacy you will remain in the shadows. Now, if you truly know and have a relationship with God and Jesus Christ, there is no blind faith. You begin to see and the world begins to reveal its truth.

Sure few people may know Jesus Christ, but those who do know and understand Him, gain so many benefits and blessings that you simple cannot deny His Power, His Glory, and His Truth.

Forget all this talk about sheeple. Once you see beyond all the lies and deception, then you can see and being to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who offers us the way and provides what we need to become our highest self.

There appear to be many false forms of Christianity and false prophets. You have to look beyond these. Satan and his minions will do everything he can to pollute and destroy the relationship we can have with God! Be careful of following in this trap.

Now, if everyday you want to help others, you feel like sacrificing yourself for others, have overcome all drug addictions, smoking, eat and live a healthy life, then I commend you for you have found some truth. If you dwell in despair, become distraught, have actions that destroy your mind and body, carry resentment and malice for anything, then clearly your truth is muddied.

There is a God!!! He has freely given us His Spirit which you can feel if you open up to it. For those who have discovered the Holy Spirit, they know and understand a piece of God.

It is all about loving our neighbors, no hostility, no war, just love and acceptance. God loves us all, Jesus loves us all. If you cannot see of feel this, then your eyes are still closed.

Do you live a good life? Are you happy with your contributions to make this world a better place? Do you love your parents, your siblings, your children, your peers, even those who despise you. Do you have the spirit of God that encourages you to have love for all?

Our planet need us. Pray to God, and Jesus, and be open to Him and you will feel He is alive and Real!

Golden

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Once you learn to fish, why do you still have to pay for lessons? Shrug?

Maybe a license to the state that has to be renewed, but then again this is the state wanting you money, not the teacher.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Christions can lose faith as many have posted here. Atheists can have an awakened moment where they discover God!

People are learning, growing and changing according to their desires, intentions, and external factors and forces. Life is dynamic and changing and people are too.

I am not the same person today as I was 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 years ago. We all change and thus our views are fine tuned, opened up, or solidified.

Muslims become Christians, and I would think that Christians would become Muslims. We are all trying to figure this out. With limited incomplete information, we are left guessing, but extra paranormal first hand experiences and keen observations can assist with discovering the Truth and the Big Picture.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

edit on 21-9-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join