It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting thread.
Has anyone stopped to consider the possibility that The Church (which is what the Christian Religion originally began as) was actually a Roman Empire transition strategy, inspired by the Greek mystery religion that sprang up around Paul's aggressive efforts to establish his version of a small regional cult that mimicked several earlier heroic narratives with their own God-man hybrid.

The migration was brilliant, and as the costs of maintaining the "brick and mortar" empire became increasingly prohibitive, the association between Roman's governance and the leadership of this new Church became more cemented and indistinguishable, until it actually became known as the Holy Roman Empire, and then finally the Roman Church - or The Catholic Church. Keep in mind that the only real records we have of the Christian faith's early years, as well as the historical narrative's official chronology, are overwhelmingly provided to us by the Romans and Roman Church leaders. He who holds the power, writes the history, and Rome held the power concerning all Church documents and historical information.

Once it was formally migrated, the Emperor became The Pope, the Senate became the Cardinals, the regional Procurators became Bishops, and the local authorities became Priests. Saints became the gods - such as Apollo and other such gods to be approached for specific help (like St. Jude, the one you go to for lost causes) There really isn't any difference between the old Roman Empire and the centuries of the Roman Catholic Church once you get into the hierarchy, except that they didn't need to arm an enormous expensive army anymore, since they owned God, and do - even now - in the minds of millions of people across the planet.

The Protestant Reformation has been the only chink in the plan - what with millions taking the whole thing literally and all. Still, no plan is without ongoing issues, and for the most part, the Roman Empire has been doing fairly well over the centuries.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

And just to clarify Jaxon the 3 gods you speak of in Christianity are the holy trinity the father the son and the holy spirit. . . all of which are separate manifistations of one god.

What utter nonsense this is nothing but xtian clap trap to try and create some sort of tenuous link between the new religion of Paul and the Hebrew god Yahwhe.

It was 325 A.D. at Nicaea that the doctrine of the Trinity was rammed through by Athanasius (using Mafia tactics) in a Council that was overseen by the Emperor Constantine who, ironically enough, thought of himself as God-incarnate. (Constantine was a Sun Worshiper and only made an official conversion to "Christianity" on his deathbed). Roman coins of the period still portrayed the image of the sun God despite the alleged sudden adoption/conversion of Christianity. Many of those present at the Council Of Nicaea were opposed the doctrine of the Trinity, siding with Arius. Even after the Nicene Creed, the Trinity was still hotly debated for decades and centuries after.
.sullivan-county.com/identity/trinity.htm

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Bashing everyone who doesn't fit his idea of how people should behave.

You're talking about jesus here right ?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree with the OP wholeheartedly.

Common sense like this needs to be preach everyday. It's amazing how little common sense is preached to a society.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

And just to clarify Jaxon the 3 gods you speak of in Christianity are the holy trinity the father the son and the holy spirit. . . all of which are separate manifistations of one god.

What utter nonsense this is nothing but xtian clap trap to try and create some sort of tenuous link between the new religion of Paul and the Hebrew god Yahwhe.

It was 325 A.D. at Nicaea that the doctrine of the Trinity was rammed through by Athanasius (using Mafia tactics) in a Council that was overseen by the Emperor Constantine who, ironically enough, thought of himself as God-incarnate. (Constantine was a Sun Worshiper and only made an official conversion to "Christianity" on his deathbed). Roman coins of the period still portrayed the image of the sun God despite the alleged sudden adoption/conversion of Christianity. Many of those present at the Council Of Nicaea were opposed the doctrine of the Trinity, siding with Arius. Even after the Nicene Creed, the Trinity was still hotly debated for decades and centuries after.
.sullivan-county.com/identity/trinity.htm

I'm not saying it isn't christian claptrapery. Only pointing out that in chrisianity that the three are different representations of one "god head".

And in response to your second post no I was not talking about jesus i was talking about the OP.

You seem to think im defending christianity view points. I am not. I am just trying to show that Jaxons rhetoric is hateful and arrogant. Yet when it comes to his faith as he talked about in his Generation Hex thread he expects people to respect it and does not tolerate dissenting rhetoric.

My position in this thread is against his hipocracy and blatant painting of every person of the big 3 faiths as an idealogue hell bent on global domination.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Whoa,whoa.....Now, you can talk about the institution of Christianity all you want....I don't give a #. However, don't bad mouth Christ!! If people would follow the TRUE teachings of Christ instead of the psuedo-teachings that some professed "Christians" preach, the world wouldn't be as #ed up as it is today!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sigh...yet another militant atheist who is so ridiculously hateful that they can not even be bothered to spell the word christ because it offends them so much and they think it makes them look edgy and defiant.

Please. Show me how many christians are actually taking up arms and slaughtering non-believers. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since i last stepped foot in a church but i can assure you that there was definitely no slayings before the tabernacle/Crucifix going on. The only thing being murdered were peoples wallets.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

However, don't bad mouth Christ!!

which one ?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
Jaxon,
You and I have gone at it in another thread before. I thought about what I would post. I mean as a Christ-follower and Biblical scholar, would it help to teach you the Bible properly? Would it help to show you the error of your conclusion? I have been in Seminary doing graduate and post-graduate work since 2003. Does this information convince you that I know that you are in error? Do you want to know the TRUTH as your title claims that you have? I have been on mission trips around the world. I have heard testimony of people being healed and having visions of Christ. Will it convince you to hear these stories? Will you hear, to your terror, what happens to Christ-followers in "closed contries"? Beheaded, burned, beaten, tortured, and still they hold strong to their faith. What power is there in being beaten while NO ONE hears your cries? What evil scheme is being hatched when you fear for your life as a minority and outcast? Will you let the actions of evil men over 1000 years ago mold your thinking? Will you let the debauchery of "American Christianity" be your only source of what it means to be a Christian? Will you actually read the words of Christ, rather then the opinions of dead men? Will you let go of your bitterness and learn the truth?

horrors unspeakable have been committed in the name of christ.

the bible, as it has come to be, and if i understand properly, was translated by drunken, sleep-deprived monks by candle-light.

thats not my only concern about it, but its a good place to start.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Very well said!

People need to wake up and recognise that religions are simply a form of mind control.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure he means the one in the bible. Jesus of Nazareth.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

And why exactly should they take your obviously biased and not to mention unsourced opinion to any supporting commentary as fact?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Very well said!

People need to wake up and recognise that religions are simply a form of mind control.

Does that include the religion Jaxon proclaims himself to be a member of? Or just the ones he chooses to align himself against?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Because it is totally logical and rational Dawg. Or maybe because " something something xtians are bad, therefore you must believe everything i say because xtians are bad" I mean that seems to be the only reason militants and "haters"( does anyone else feel stupid when they use the word hater? I need a synonym for that word) actually give. Throw some cognitive biases in the mix and you will find your answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Please. Show me how many christians are actually taking up arms and slaughtering non-believers.

Let's see- how many people have been mistreated, lied to, robbed, screwed, and all out abused by Christians- who no longer have to use 'weapons' in the sense of swords and guns, but now use words, rumors, innuendo, lies, money, and power? How many poor, unfortunate people have been burned down by people wielding the weapons of today?

How many have tried to ask the deity for something (healing, take away pain, things of that nature) Only to be 'ignored', and have these self righteous prigs blame the person praying?

Just as a 'have ya noticed'- the words prey and pray are awful alike... the term 'Let us prey' seems to take on a much more truthful meaning....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Show me how many christians are actually taking up arms and slaughtering non-believers. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since i last stepped foot in a church but i can assure you that there was definitely no slayings before the tabernacle/Crucifix going on

And how certain are you that it won't occur again ?

And how long before these little soldiers strap explosives to their chests ?

Being warriors in a much funner way ???!!!!!!!!!!

How long before they swap those sticks for weapons that fire ?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I thin the problem with both your posts and the OP by Jax is that you try to label everyone as a staunch idealogue trying to screw over every non-christian.

There are good people of faith. There are good people who are agnostic. There are good people who are athiest. In every sect of life you find normal everday good people and then you find overbearing pig headed idealogues. IN EVERY FAITH AND CULTURE you find people that fit both descriptions.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So you post scary youtube videos that show select groups that make up less than one percent of the christian population...Do you do any original thinking? Because by this logic about one billion people should be blowing themselves up now in honor of the great prophet Mohamed.

Having spent my life in a pre-dominantly christian society i have yet to see any real christian based violence. All instances are isolated to small groups ( i.e. jim jones, the Waco incident, and of course abortion clinic bombings) who do not represent the overall sentiment of the group. Again you are merely displaying cognitive bias. IF you were actually rational or logical you would understand most christians do not endorse bombings of abortion clinics or violence.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Let's see- how many people have been mistreated, lied to, robbed, screwed, and all out abused by Scientists who claimed to have cured cancer. Who claim that there drugs will fix your symptoms ( at the expense of introducing new problems) and saying they can solve all of our worlds problems from Hunger to Fuel efficient vehicles. Only to be lied to, exploited for their scientific illiteracy, to be sold faulty drugs, to be told that them or their loved ones are going to die no matter what and that there is no hope whatsoever because they either can't afford the cure or because their research was based on useless information. How many poor, unfortunate people have been burned down by people wielding the weapons afforded to us by modern science?

I got news for you buddy. the world is a horrible evil place. The evils done in the name of religion are exactly the same type of evil ever carried out or justified by modern science. To delude yourself into thinking otherwise is exactly that: A delusion. It's PEOPLE that are evil. But i guess acknowledging that would require personal accountability. Something nobody of any belief ever seems to want to take.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And, it's my observation that when enough people forgets that little scrap of unfortunately not so common sense and find material gain in removing the group they uniformly demonize, blood flows. It happens time and time again, yet people take the excuses to heart and start the damn bloody cycle over again. Mores the pity.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join