It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croat Scientist: Ice Age is Overdue...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

A leading scientist has revealed that Europe could be just five years away from the start of a new Ice Age.

While climate change campaigners say global warming is the planet's biggest danger, renowned physicist Vladimir Paar says most of central Europe will soon be covered in ice.

The freeze will be so complete that people will be able to walk from England to Ireland or across the North Sea from Scotland to northern Europe.

Professor Paar, from Croatia's Zagreb University, has spent decades analysing previous ice ages in Europe and what caused them.

"Most of Europe will be under ice, including Germany, Poland, France, Austria, Slovakia and a part of Slovenia," said the professor in an interview with Index.hr.

"Previous ice ages lasted about 70,000 years. That's a fact and the new ice age can't be avoided. The big question is what will happen to the people of the Central European countries which will be under ice?

"They might migrate to the south, or might stay, but with a huge increase in energy use," he warned.

"This could happen in five, 10, 50 or 100 years, or even later. We can't predict it precisely, but it must come," he added.

Alright so he seems to to make some pretty dire warnings and in such a short period of time he expects it to happen. I have always thought this was not the beginning of warming but instead the end of warming before we hit an ice age but I thought it would be atleast another 300 years or so.

Before people start attacking him I have to make the argument that he seems pretty solid
www.hazu.hr...

new topics

join