It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Mentally challenged' posting on Alien ATS forums

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

If we are talking about childish behaviour, we have to remember that children can access the internet, if we are talking about killing people in the name of ATS then of course we have a problem. But I have just reread the first post and the OP is basically saying if he/she doesn't agree with it then its only fit for the hoax section? its complete ludicracy.

In regards to the quote

every now an then you will find a poster who refuses to face reality

What does that mean? what is reality? what you (personally) think is reality may not be the same as mine, does that make me delusional? reality IMO is based on preconception and experiences.

A member may come on this site and post some ridiculous notions but they are their own notions and they are entitled to it, the thread will soon be discarded to the scrap heap and nothing more will be said about it.

Through our writings,research and understandings we all grow some faster than others none the less we all at some point start to form our own ideas of the world, that is what is so good about this site we can bounce ideas around without facing ridicule at every corner.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I have just reread the first post and the OP is basically saying if he/she doesn't agree with it then its only fit for the hoax section? its complete ludicracy.

Your quote couldn't be any more off the mark. Many of the posters here in this very thread will tell you I have defended the right to speak of many questionable UFOlogical characters, whether I have agreed w. them or not. Just ask Zaiger and Mr. Mask to name a couple.

You clearly thrive in an environment where you can spew your reactionary rhetoric without a crumb of research or experience to back it up. This type of laziness is the cancer of UFOlogy.

People of this ilk are better suited spending their hours next to a retail fast food deep fryer and not a computer.

Lets hope you don't see my car in the drive thru lane.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

My goodness me you certainly have a few issues to sort out so much scorn in such little space

Clever word play thats all I am seeing from yourself. Without getting in to a big to do I must point out that one of the people you have mentioned has indeed got a reputation and I do believe that I have spoken with him before.

I stick by what I said and that is everyone deserves the opportunity to write whatever they want when they want if its deemed to off the wall or irrelevant then the moderators will do their job, in the end that is what they are there for.

Thats all I have to say about it. But I am sure before you put me on the ignore list you will have something to say. Your probably one of these member that focus on pointing out incorrect spelling and grammar. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

My goodness me you certainly have a few issues to sort out so much scorn in such little space

Take a deep breath. Stop. Then read your posts again.

Without getting in to a big to do I must point out that one of the people you have mentioned has indeed got a reputation and I do believe that I have spoken with him before.

Would you like a prize?

Your probably one of these member that focus on pointing out incorrect spelling and grammar. Am I right?

Actually no. My issue is with people who skim through threads and post before reading the original post. Poor grammar is only a bi-product of that laziness.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I understand completely where you are coming from in terms of what is acceptable and what is completely over the top in terms of subject matter Nightvision. However, working first hand with the mentally ill I know for a fact nothing I or anyone else says or does will change their thought process, and why should it? They are stuck in a perpetual cycle of how they themselves view and interact with this world; most of them creating their own world as a means of self preservation and a way to deal with life in general. For a lot of these poor souls the internet and forums such as these are their only true outlet in life, many lack the social interaction skills to maintain a lifestyle that includes having friends and functioning out in society.

I see their threads and I pass them over without reading them, that's my choice and the way I deal with it. Would I cut these people off from a place to be a part of something as a community? No, absolutely not.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

G'day Jocko Flock

My concerns as previously stated are....

Some members could exacurbate a member's illness by reinforcing beliefs.....

.....or.....

Some members could exacurbate a member's illness by upsetting the person by challenging their beliefs, sometime very strong & rudely (even abusively).

As I've also stated, my concerns are not broad ranging across the membership of ATS.....my concern only lies with an extremely small number of extreme examples of persons posting in a disturbed manner.....

As always, I welcome your always thoughtful, well expressed comments.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
well the one's who are way out there take care of themselves in time, especially in the UFO board.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This guy got banned, not for claiming he was an alien (which he often did) but for posting one to many hoax threads.
Remember you can only post so many hoaxes before they ban you, so people who post crap will eventually weed themselves out.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
well the one's who are way out there take care of themselves in time, especially in the UFO board.
This guy got banned, not for claiming he was an alien (which he often did) but for posting one to many hoax threads.
Remember you can only post so many hoaxes before they ban you, so people who post crap will eventually weed themselves out.

G'day zaiger

That guy was a long term hoaxer who knew exactly what he was doing......which was to use ATS to develop traffic for his web activities / business outside ATS.

That is not the sort of thing to which I am refering.

I am refering to an extremely small number of extreme examples wherein the person involved appears to truly have no idea where reality starts & finishes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Those people will put up threads that will end up in the hoax board. One too many of those and they will be gone. And it does not even have to be hoaxing that does it. It could just be an annoying posting style.
This guy got banned for having a really annoying posting style, he would copy paste huge ammounts of crap and at the end would say "what do you think". These people will eventually get rid of themselves if they are posting threads. If they just respond to threads then just put them on ignore.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

G'day zaiger

I agree that guy was a bit of a worry.

I even established a dialogue with him & tried to help him to be a bit more discerning, particularly in view of his stated aim to set up his own UFO reporting / discussion forum.

However once again, my concerns do not lie with someone like him.

My concerns lie with an extremely small incidence of persons who appear genuinely ill.....not just someone who is "annoying".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One man's lunatic is another man's leader. If you are going to start judging some as mentally challenged.. where do you draw the line? Some say they talk to god.. while others say he talks back. Others say both are crazy for expecting any sort of answer.

ALOT of people would just dismiss this entire site as being full of nutters.

Madness is relative.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I agree that some absolutely outlandish claims are made with little or no proof on this forum. Some are outright astounding, posted no doubt by deranged individuals.

Source

Pot calls kettle black. Just sayin.'

Like most of your reactionary posts, you are referencing subject matter based on your inability to accurately comprehend this thread. I don't ask people to believe me. U are comparing a person (me) who's said they've had 1 or 2 strange experiences to someone who claims that legless, armless aliens are coming thru his body on a constant basis, derails threads, ignores requests for data, posts literally hundreds of pictures of TV static and speaks in tongues. To even the compare the two is comedy. I do get a laugh out of you, though. Nice try.

There IS some truth to what you say here. If I had anything larger than my atom-sized brain, I probably wouldn't respond. However, I have an utter fascination for the absurd. Plus, I service what I sell.

I submitted a post that I felt illustrated a far-fetched scenario with no proof like the type you had described in your OP. It happened to be one of yours from another thread.

Regardless, my admittedly weak intellect and inability to grasp complex subject matter does not preclude me from recognizing hypocrisy.

Furthermore, I have witnessed you on this forum pounce on others (often newbies) who were anxious and eager to share their experiences and attack/discourage them due to
lack of evidence. Besides, the overwhelming majority of responses to this thread have handed you your you-know-what.

Having lived in Florida my entire life and grown up around the water, a nautical term comes to mind describing your accusation towards me. "All sail and no rudder."

Please check back in once you return from your ego trip. Regards...kk

[edit on 28-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

I agree that some absolutely outlandish claims are made with little or no proof on this forum. Some are outright astounding, posted no doubt by deranged individuals.

Source

Pot calls kettle black. Just sayin.'

Like most of your reactionary posts, you are referencing subject matter based on your inability to accurately comprehend this thread. I don't ask people to believe me. U are comparing a person (me) who's said they've had 1 or 2 strange experiences to someone who claims that legless, armless aliens are coming thru his body on a constant basis, derails threads, ignores requests for data, posts literally hundreds of pictures of TV static and speaks in tongues. To even the compare the two is comedy. I do get a laugh out of you, though. Nice try.

i am the person NightVision is attacking for claiming to have armless and legless entities coming through my body on a constant basis, that part is true. the lies are that i post hunfreds of pictures of tv static, i have cable so i have no tv static to photograph. I do not now nor have i ever "spoke in tongues." This NightVision made up. Questions require answers, insults and comments do not. It is not my responsibility to provide a synopsis of the thread or to answer questions that have already been addressed. I offered my avatar which is a real life situation as evidence of a legless alien (top right). I have been on ATS since 2007 making the same consistant claims.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Considering this thread is four pages, there will probably be more replies. What a childish thread. How "highschool" to be name calling. If you are so brilliant create your own thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Furthermore, I have witnessed you on this forum pounce on others (often newbies) who were anxious and eager to share their experiences and attack/discourage them due to lack of evidence. Besides, the overwhelming majority of responses to this thread have handed you your you-know-what.

Interesting, you waded through thread after thread to find one golden nugget quote of mine that has so little basis toward your point, now you have to resort to making false accusations w. no quotes of mine to back it up. I believe you refer to this sort of madness as:

"All sail and no rudder."

Please check back in once you return from your ego trip. Regards...kk

Reference your avatar. It appears you are the one deplaning.

And while you're at it, read the quote below.

Originally posted by debris765nju

i am the person NightVision is attacking for claiming to have armless and legless entities coming through my body on a constant basis, that part is true. the lies are that i post hunfreds of pictures of tv static, i have cable so i have no tv static to photograph. I offered my avatar which is a real life situation as evidence of a legless alien (top right). I have been on ATS since 2007 making the same consistant claims.

I'm sure you two will get along great. I will wait another 4 days while you think of another clever response....

[edit on 1-3-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

In my short time here I have learned that when someone resorts to picking on a poster's Avatar, they offer no further valid argument.

I have witnessed you berate many posters in the past, but often just failed to engage. Besides, why would aliens really need legs if they come from a place without gravity?

While some claims made on this site are fantastic and extraordinary, they are the memebers' right nonetheless. That is why I keep coming back.

I believe Mr. E said it best: "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein

I have no further beef. Regards...kk

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I actually would be interested to see a study done on the prevalence of psychotic disorders in those who follow conspiracy theories. I know when I used to spend most of my time on this site about two years back I started displaying symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, but after a break from the site the symptoms subsided. I also know that researchers in the field have expressed concerns that studying conspiracy theories seems to produce paranoid mindsets in people as well as create delusions of grandeur. Unfortunately, any experiments I come up with to test whether researching conspiracy theories can produce paranoid tendencies are completely unethical and would never pass a review board.

I agree with you, a study on certain behaviours would prove interesting. As a former behavior analyst I know people can construct elaborate mechanisims to justify their own hand ringing fear. The need to do so is in effect a protective mechanisim. We have known for a long time certain groups of people gravitate to the extreme on various issues. They don't do this to stand out (a natural human or animal tendancy), they do this to fit in. This is why cults are so very dangerous. All you have to do, (after you signed over all your money), is agree with the grand pubar. And then mercy, your saved. What utter crap. Do your best to think for yourselves, don't give a damn what your church, temple, mosqu says. Thats not important. They only want to reinforce little minds and drive them into a coral of fear.

Trust your instincts! If something does not smell right, its usally rotten. Don't bite into it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

This is true, although we are leaving out the ones who want to be included in anything t, maybe they are a little too naive or gullible. Sure there are people that you can talk them into believing that big foot is almost human now ...do too evolution. Instead of being yourself, and relying on your own thoughts there are those who feel the need to go a long with the flow..
That does not mean they are mental or crazy they just feel the need to support issues that certain people believe in. Children are gullible, and so are some adults. I suppose you never had this argument with a friend or whoever?... A person who has a mental disability is very individual how in the heck anyone can determine that, are nice to know we have some who enjoy playing the role of Psychologists and psychiatrists... wow that’s really scary…
“SIDEWALK PSYCHIATRIST” ??????????
My Name is.. Joey lives in the day.
I WILL TAKE ALL YOUR FEARS AWAY IN ONE WEEK
EASY INSTALLMENT PLANS
COMFORTABLE COUCH
Call me anytime open 24/7 …333-23111-8376

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

In my short time here I have learned that when someone resorts to picking on a poster's Avatar, they offer no further valid argument.

In my short time here I have learned that when someone lacks a sense of humor, they offer no further valid argument.

I have witnessed you berate many posters in the past, but often just failed to engage.

I would be just tickled to see an example of this.

Besides, why would aliens really need legs if they come from a place without gravity?

Like many, you completely ignore the argument placed in front of you in place of 'legless, armless aliens'. You know exactly where all aliens come from?.. maybe you don't need to see data?

While some claims made on this site are fantastic and extraordinary, they are the memebers' right nonetheless. That is why I keep coming back.

Thats great for you. Not so great for those of us that would like more definitive data. Fantastic rants are one thing (I enjoy many of them actually). Miles of TV static, thread after persistent thread are another. If I wanted fantastic rants, I could just watch an episode of 'The View'.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Isn't that why they are on meds? WHAT THE HECK_ Without knowing anyone’s personal medical history all these assumptions are null and void.
Unless you have a license and know a particular person that is having problems with posts on ATS (which has its rules & patrolled by ATS moderators) I suggest they should do them a favor and curtail certain functions that may impair their stability if thats what your complaint is. No one forced anyone to sign up and be a member you may want to read this ATS about and other topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join