It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Revved Up Over Biker Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
WASHINGTON � Members of the Rolling Thunder (search) motorcycling group revved their engines on the White House driveway Sunday during a visit with President Bush, who took about 10 bikers in jeans and leather jackets for an Oval Office tour.

The roar from bikers on the Mall nearby could be heard on the South Lawn as eight motorcycles, headlights illuminated and American flags jutting off the rear seats, rolled up the driveway to the South Portico where Bush was waiting to greet them.

Bikers for Bush

The election is a lock. First the Nascar Dads, now the bikers. Such broad-based support has never been seen in the history of politics.

It's all over but the countin'.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Okayyy...so hes got the votes of all the rednecks. They arent exactly a majority.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Mudpit is dead.

Yup, I hear Taps playing now.

G'night everybody. :shk:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw it on T.V. Bush was fascinated with the rims. I am not sure if it was the shiny spokes that dazzled him or if he was just looking for the clothes pin and playing card that make all that noise.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Okayyy...so hes got the votes of all the rednecks. They arent exactly a majority.

Rednecks Huh? Or maybe veterans?

Rolling Thunder is an organization that seeks to create awareness of POW/MIA issues and promotes increased veterans' benefits. It has 70 chapters and over 7,000 members throughout the United States and abroad.

Please at least have the courtesy to read the article before you post.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As a veteran (just got out of the Army, hope to be in the Air Force soon) I was puzzled why any veterans would support Bush. His cuts to combat pay and veterans benefits cause me much alarm, especially since he got us into that Iraq mess. So I checked the Rolling Thunder web-page, and it seems that a lot of veterans are outraged as well. Rolling Thunder Forum (check thier guestbook too) Maybe the all posters were Kerry operatives, but I could not find anything about their endorsement on thier site. What's really going on?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I don't know about the endorsement showing up on the website, but it was in the news:

Endorsement

Vietnam War veterans form the core of Rolling Thunder, and recently the organization voted to back President Bush in his bid for re-election.

It was a significant endorsement for the president, given the fact that his likely opponent Senator John Kerry served in Vietnam. After meeting privately at the White House with the Rolling Thunder leadership, Mr. Bush addressed the rally by telephone.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Rolling Thunder is an organization that seeks to create awareness of POW/MIA issues and promotes increased veterans' benefits. It has 70 chapters and over 7,000 members throughout the United States and abroad.

Ok....7,000 members throught the US? I guess that means the election is over. Those 7,000 votes are really going to be the clincher. Especially when there are more than 7,000 gay people in the US countering these votes?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Ok....7,000 members throught the US? I guess that means the election is over. Those 7,000 votes are really going to be the clincher. Especially when there are more than 7,000 gay people in the US countering these votes?

Are ALL gay people going to vote against Bush?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No Venus...but, I bet there is still more than 7,000 not voting for Bush. I was just remarking on the first post that said the election was over because of these 7,000 votes....plus the NASCAR dads.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
# um! The country is already a mess, more like a #ing joke. Just give the bastard 4 more years maybe gas will be at 5.00 dollars a galleon and milk will be 10. A few more wars, and a depression. Bush is a royal # up for a president and anyone that doesn�t see it is nothing more then a traitor. The mans a joke he can�t even speak correct English at press conferences. Of course someone will point out my typos or grammer cause I pointed out Bushs well I AM NOT THE #ING PRESIDENT. The man is a complete moron.

top topics

join