It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs seizes toy gun shipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
www.seattlepi.com...

The idiot lying feds stated that these toy guns could be retooled to fire live ammo. What a blatant lie!

I think another gripe they had was that they didn't have an orange tip. That is a really stupid requirement since you can buy flourescent pink, green, and orange hunting rifles.

That said, if I had children I would not want them to have toy rifles that looked as realistic as these, they could easily be out playing and startle a cop or someone else carrying a real weapon and get shot.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have this block of aluminum on my desk. With a little tooling it can be made into a sub-machinegun.

Dont tell the ATF.

Morons.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I never understood the fuss about toy guns. They're toys.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well I nearly prevented my flight back to the UK from taking off due to having a 99 cent cheap plastic toy revolver in my suitcase. I was told that I should airline of the toy. This gun could not even fire caps much less any kind of projectile. I was dumfounded.

T

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Ask a police officer who accidentally shot a kid because he thought the kid had a real gun what the problem might be with toy guns. It has happened.

I think the official explanation is bunk though, saying that they could be re-tooled to fire a live round has got to be BS. You would have to do more to a plastic toy gun to make it fire live ammo than you would a block of aluminum as was mentioned earlier(star for that by the way.).

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

they were BB guns. not toys.

They have metal barrels. they can and have been tooled to fire live munitions

most can only be fired a few times, but they will fire with the same force as a normal gun, and deadly.

there is also a very very high chance of the barrel not being stong enough, leadin to it exploding.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't see the issue . . . or conspiracy?

This is what Customs does. They inspect incoming freight to make sure it is up to US standards. We jump all over them if our sheetrock is defective or if some paint in some toy has the same banned substances as our vaccines, but now it is an issue if they stop a load of BB guns?

It isn't like they stopped EVERY load of BB guns, or like the pulled EVERY BB gun off the shelf?

Let them do their jobs, cut them a break when they miss something silly and applaud them when they catch some stuff!

What if this had been a shipment of illegal real guns? Or what if these BB guns started blowing up in kid's faces?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

Uh, which toy gun costs $333.33 each? The article said the shipment was worth $10,000.00 and had only 30 toy guns....there is some info missing, like what were the guns made of? Plastic? Metal?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is the gun they seized.
www.airgundepot.com...

Sugg. Retail Price: $349.99

As for them not having the orange painted barrel tip.
its common for dealers or manufactures to import the idem and have them painted here. especially if they are being made in china.

The US is the only country that requires the orange tip and with china counterfeiting products made by US companies and trying to sneak them in for sale.
Many companies add extra markings to allow them to spot counterfeit products.

What better way to spot a counterfeit them add your own special orange paint mix.

I wonder if these were counterfeits the chinese were trying to sneak in.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No one sees a problem with toy guns until some kid gets wasted by a cop making a snap decision...while a little orange tip can make the difference. I can't say that I disagree in this instance.

Where were they produced? My money is on China or Chinese Taipei (a.k.a. Taiwan)...good riddance!

top topics

join