It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights On My Bedroom Ceiling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nearly every night now for the past 3 or 4 months I am seeing these lights on my bedroom ceiling close to my window. They spin sort of clockwise but it's hard to tell because I'm laying down and my bed is at an angle. On my 16th birthday it happened plenty of times at night. More than it normally does.

The time they last for ranges from around half a second to 3 or so seconds. It also looks as though there is light on my window but I don't know where it's coming from. It's sort of like a patch of dim light on my window.

The lights are just normal light colour, not green or blue or anything like that. I have also seen it on my wall oppisite my window.

There is a road about 150 meters away but there are smallish buildings and many trees and gardens infront of it, so I don't think it is vehicles. It isn't planes or helicopters either because everything is silent outside.

One of my friends said it could be something paranormal, but I'm not sure.

I appologise if this is in the wrong area, as it's my first thread.

Thank you in advance if anyone has a similar experience or any advice on what it might be.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You could try taking photos or a video, that would make things a whole lot easier.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by tristar]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It must be those ceiling lamps. They always get mistaken for ufos.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Try playing with or controlling the lights. Tell it to do certain things with your mind. See what you get. Otherwise, couldn't help. Sorry

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Who you gonna call?

LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

Stand on a chair and put your hand in front of the light on the ceiling until you see the light on your hand, then move your hand away from the ceiling while keeping the light shining on your hand. That will give you a general idea from which direction the light is shining. Perhaps you can then look in that direction and see the source.

Or, if you can, put your head in front of the light on the ceiling in an attempt to get you eye between the source and the light on the ceiling (i.e., so the light falls on your eyes instead on the ceiling). If you are able to look back toward the direction of the source, you should be able to see the source.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

It might be electrical discharges going off in the visual cortex area of your brain;

sounds to me like it only happens when youre sleepy....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is this thread for real or just a bit of 'goofing around' as Americans say. I hear noises under the bath, do I have ET there...

Nope I'm sorry, these sorts of threads make a mockery of the people posting actual material and annoy people like me who have to weed through the chaff just to get to a real post.

Mods please lock this thread, it's just going to turn into frivolous one liners (or two), the actual original post has no core, no research and to be honest is either just lazy or meant to be a joke ie "what are these lights on the ceiling?"

How the hell do we know, we can't see them???

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That would be the logical thing to do...

I too was once scared of odd lights in my room, I did the above mentioned and it was the moon.

I was 7 or 8 at the time though!

[edit on 26/2/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Could very well be a change in blood pressure in your brain when you lie down at night (nothing to be too worried about). I know if someone has low blood pressure and they stand up quickly they can see little moving spots that look a bit like tiny lights... I've seen that before. Think about getting that checked (some pharmacies have free self blood pressure test machines)... there are other more serious problems unrelated to blood pressure that may induce little lights or flashes in your vision. It could be something else completely, like fairies or something but it may be worth it to cover your bases.

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Am I right in thinking that this only occurs when you are laying on your bed, as opposed to standing up, wandering around your room?
I would suggest that along with taking the advice of the other posters, make a log of the frequency and duration of these events, as well as the time of night that they occur,and the atmospheric conditions at the time.
When you have collected some more data, shove it on this thread, and let us have a look and see if we can see a pattern?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

All I asked was if anyone has experienced anything similar.. Why are you getting so up tight? How am I supposed to research something I have no idea about?

If you have nothing useful or nice to say, please leave.

-----
This only happenes when I'm in bed with all the lights off, so yeah I am pretty sleepy when it happens.

Thank you to everyone else who has said it could be health problems or just brain activity. I will try to get some photos soon.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well i had a similar experience.

turned out to be a reflection from the pond in our neigbours backyard.

are your curtains closed when you're seeing those lights?

i really don't know what to make of your experience, i sure hope you find a solution

take care

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What you're describing is a paranormal portal opening up through your bedroom ceiling. It is through this portal that you [soul] travel when you enter into dream consciousness. It is a higher dimensionality that your mundain daytime consciousness normally cannot see. However because you possess potential psychic ability you're subconsciousness and the higher dimensionality there of is making itself known to you. I here include an education video which I made which I am certain will help you to access this portal for your great benefit. In science what you're experiencing is called Quantum Entanglement. QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT [QE] is not, as some believe it to be, the transfer of "information" at greater than the speed of light, at absolute velocity, or any velocity. QE is what some call "worm hole in space" what Albert Einstien called "The folding of the fabric of time and space". It is the "Oneness of All Things". Take a sheet of paper. It is a two dimensional surface. Draw a point A and a point B. The distance between point A and point B is about three inches. Point A and point B are separated by space and it takes time to travel the three inches between them. But that is only because they exist in two dimensional space. If we introduce a third dimension we are then able to fold the paper in that third dimension. In folding the paper we join point A to point B. Then the separation between point A and point B is zero. No separation. Interestingly we all experience this QE in our subconsciousness which is, relative to our mundain daytime consciousness, a higher dimensional domain. What you're looking at on your bedroom ceiling is a manifestation of higher dimensionality known to the ancient mystics as a STAR GATE. Use it wisely.
SHIMONO
GENSHAE

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 7/3/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Not sure if the OP is just pulling our leg or not, but most lights are usually reflections coming through the window or perhaps from an electronic device, I know I have a fire detector that has an LED that appears to change intensity occasionally.

Anyway just to add to the thread here's my funny ceiling story.

I lived in an old house built around 1900 and the ceiling in my bedroom would occasionally come alive in the middle of the night (happened a few times in 8 years). It was like a canvas of a very old paintings similar to what you would see in an old church except some of the pictures of the people in various states would be moving around a bit and would interact with me. The ceiling seemed like it had an extra dimension at some point and it was like I was peering into another world. Anyway I would get up the next day and study the ceiling which was just painted white to see if there was something painted underneath that I might be able to detect. The ceiling was plaster instead of the today's sheet rock so it was a bit uneven, but I could find no remnants of any old ceiling paintings or anything unusual. Again it only happened a few times.

There were other strange occurrences in that house, but that's for another thread. I sold the inter dimensional haunted house to somebody else.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There isn't a leg unpulled here.

Give the kid a chance to examine what's going on and let's try to be a little supportive, eh? S/he's just looking for some answers.

Kids aren't as inquisitive as we were in our youth (speaking to the over 40s group here) as they're only allowed to be passively spoonfed info anymore for fear of them hurting themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

I had the same experience when i was about 10. It was about 2 or 3 in the morning and i used to sleep in the dark only because my parents use to shut the lights off to save on electric. So my dad gave me a flash light to sleep with.Well it was 230 am and i woke up got scared and was flashing my flash light on the bedroom ceiling. I turned it off and on off and on.Then i turned it off.My family and i lived in the country only had 1 neighbor and he was almost a half mile down the road and the house is a second story house ,my bed was under the window- well as soon as i shut the flash light off this bright bright light was shining through my window -my second story window. i got so scared it was flashing so fast .As i was laying down in my own bed i turned my head up to see my window above me just lightend up so bright like some one grabbed a ladder to climb up my window to shine a spot light in it.But it was bighter than a spot light.I was so scared i couldnt scream.My flash light was off i double made sure because whatever it was i didnt want it to find me-but they knew i was there.The last thing i remember is putiing the sheets over my head and closeing my eyes tight and i instantly fell asleep.The next morning i told my parents they did get scared checked outside the house and there where no signs of anyone ever messing around the house.im 31 yrs old now i have seen so many unexplained stuff but i would have to say this one i will always wonder about.It is weird i goggled strange lights on ceiling because i was thinking about it and found this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Or lights coming from outside. Do you actually believe that the most logical explanation for lights on the ceiling at night is a stargate?

OP, best advice in the thread is to get up next to the light and move your hand around to determine where it's coming from. I've seen two year olds do this. IF this is still happening with your window entirely blacked out and all electronic devices turned off (hell flip your breaker box for the room one night) then maybe it's something paranormal.

Exhaust the obvious possibilities first, then move towards paranormal.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
IF this is still happening with your window entirely blacked out and all electronic devices turned off (hell flip your breaker box for the room one night) then maybe it's something paranormal.

Or maybe you have polyester flannelet sheets and you are seeing a static charge generated by your movement. I swear...I worried I had a detached retina until I figured that one out.

Don't like those sheets.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
3 or 4 months? Not a picture or video to share?
Take your face and put it where the light is.
You will see the source of the light.

You may have a foil pinwheel on the front lawn
and didn't know it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join