It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fort Monmouth UFO Case.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Jocko Flocko, I'm trying to make sense of your post, you're calling out sceptics because they're not here commenting on the case?

Chadwickus, I think Jocko Flocko may be referring to the habit of armchair cynics avoiding certain incidents (and threads) like the plague whilst just commenting on the vague, 'easy to explain away' cases.

Of course I don't think this applies to true open minded sceptics but there are a handful of people on these boards who wilfully ignore the truly puzzling incidents and only come out of the woodwork when there's something 'easy' to debunk.

I've lost count of how many excellent threads and have little or no input from cynics or pseudosceptics yet these people are still out there pouring scorn and derision onto the subject.

I know this is a bit of a rant (and I certainly respect your opinion) but have you not noticed yourself that, when a truly interesting UFO thread comes along, theres a distinct lack of interest from these people?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Chadwickus, I think Jocko Flocko may be referring to the habit of armchair cynics avoiding certain incidents (and threads) like the plague whilst just commenting on the vague, 'easy to explain away' cases."

Exactly Karl.

"Of course I don't think this applies to true open minded sceptics but there are a handful of people on these boards who wilfully ignore the truly puzzling incidents and only come out of the woodwork when there's something 'easy' to debunk. "

No where else is this more apparent than with threads like this one. I myself am a skeptic of 80% of all the UFO garbage floating around on the net these days. I tend to completely ignore the absolutely outrageous claims that have no foundations to support a their case.

There are the true Skeptics on this board who I highly regard and every now and then do tackle the solid events that have happened over time.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
I myself am a skeptic of 80% of all the UFO garbage floating around on the net these days. I tend to completely ignore the absolutely outrageous claims that have no foundations to support a their case.

Jocko Flocko, thanks for the reply - I'd certainly agree that you have to wear your scepticals when it comes to looking into the UFO subject and that the 'dispassionate, objective approach' is a very important one.

As you say there are about 20% (maybe even 30%) of cases which are very interesting indeed and so it goes without saying that these are the ones we should be realy focusing on - even if the incidents are wilfully ignored by certain folks it doesn't change the fact that they still remain completely unexplained.

Cheers.

Unexplained percentages.

"There are unidentified flying objects. That is, there are a hard core of cases - perhaps 20 to 30 percent in different studies - for which there is no explanation... We can only imagine what purpose lies behind the activities of these quiet, harmlessly cruising objects that time and again approach the earth. The most likely explanation, it seems to me, is that they are simply watching what we are up to."
(Redbook, vol. 143, September 1974.)

Dr. Margaret Mead, world-renowned Anthropologist

"The opposite conclusion could have been drawn from The Condon Report's content, namely, that a phenomenon with such a high ratio of unexplained cases (about 30 percent) should arouse sufficient scientific curiosity to continue its study.
From a scientific and engineering standpoint, it is unacceptable to simply ignore substantial numbers of unexplained observations".

Ronald D Story - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics UFO Subcommittee -New York: Doubleday, 1980

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Additional testimony in the Monmouth case:

UFO TRACKED ON FORT MONMOUTH RADAR IN NEW JERSEY

I was in the army signal corps radar school at Fort Monmouth from January until July of 1952. Some of the advanced students had progressed to the point where they were operating the radar units. They reported tracking an object moving at a high rate of speed and making a right angle turn that no airplane could have made.A short time later,all radar students were taken into a large empty building and told that had seen nothing, heard nothing and knew nothing about the matter.That was an order. I was not one of the advanced students. I only tell you this now in case it ties in with other data from that era.

KEN PFEIFER MUFON NEW JERSEY

link

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
More information on the Monmouth incident and the destroyed minutes of a Pentagon meeting about the UFO subject under the chapter 'The Real Controllers':

link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join