It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law Must Not Be Questioned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

This is not entirely correct. In the US judicial system, court cases involve questions of law and questions of fact. In many, but not all court cases, juries decide questions of fact. Judges always decide questions of law.

Juries do not do things like interpret the constitution and determine whether a statute violates the constitution. Juries do not interpret the terms of contracts. Juries do not interpret statutes and regulations. Judges do these things. These are questions of law.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I agree with your post and believe that we all have a responsibility to question laws. I also do not believe in laws and believe they are acceptance of a failure to correct a problem.

IMHO the Constitution is a good document unfortunately there has been a problem in interpretation. The language is not beyond high school English, but for the Supreme Court it is like studying Hieroglyphics. We have political puppets who appoint these justices to reinterpret simple English and will follow an agenda.

Who can be in favor of laws that are 10,000 pages long? Is there any one person who can understand what is in such a bill? You can have 500 people working on it, including lawyers and lobbyists and not a single one can explain it. Congress should take 4 years off from writing any new laws and spend the time repealing anything that you can not read over a weekend. If you do not read it, do not sign it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
I don't mean to be argumentative with you. I'm so high strung about what's going on right now that I might come off that way.

It looks like we predominately agree for the most part.

I don't think we will have much to argue about in the near future as this country implodes into economic chaos. I think we will all end up living in anarchy anyways, just not the peaceful co-existing kind.

Agreed, and I didn't take your posts as argumentative. No worries, it's all love here mate.

I don't fear for myself, however having 4 small children I have found myself becoming more cautious and paying attention more to the dangers present.

I still stand against preventative laws, non-equal laws, and hawkish policy and always will.

Anyway, I'd be happy to chat about things if you'd ever like to set up a private debate, etc.

Peace
KJ

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
I agree with your post and believe that we all have a responsibility to question laws. I also do not believe in laws and believe they are acceptance of a failure to correct a problem.

WE HAVE A DEEP THINKER HERE!

ALERT ALERT ALERT!

Sir, I have reported you to the DHS for subversive behavior. Its clear you are a potential terrist that hates America.

Its time for you to sit down, shut up, and rot in a hole with a large man named Buba.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ha Ha. They will never take me alive. In a battle right now with a corrupt police dept.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Freedom is always worth fighting for, but only if we stand together.

Strikes me as an inherently Orwellian argument.

Freedom does not originate in a collective group, it originates in the individual.

"only if we stand together" implies that if the collective borg hive agrees on an action, those opposed must be subjugated to the will of the majority.

A state, or any group of people for that matter, has no right to impose their will on others that have not acted against their civil or property rights.

Punishment is only justified when someone violates the rights of another.

standing together.... a borg thing? Try telling that to the state milita group... we are not a borg collective and we do stand together and will as always when the time is needed...

and we question the laws of this nation every day... some in our group here are attornies. so we question and it is our right to think and to question...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join