It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could talk to the Founding Fathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you could talk to the Founding Fathers and ask them a few questions what would you ask? Would you ask what they meant for this country in the future?

Just curious

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Did you intend for this country to become intergrated?
Do you like the fact that it became a melting pot?
Would you like for the ethnic mixture to continue or if you could would you change everything?
that all from me.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Would you re-do the some parts of the Constitition seeing what has happened to country...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I myself would ask what they thought about the 14th amendment and the effects of it: i.e. our dual citizenship (federal and state), the states no longer being autonomous and sovereign.... etc etc.....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Listen and Enjoy .

Excellent vid for your thread,

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I would ask them how could they write a Declaration of Independence and still OWN SLAVES.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would ask them how to fix this complete garbage pile we have now. Then I would fix it, fear and rules aside.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Firewall :-p

will watch at home

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"So....founding fathers....all men are created equal...except for slaves, women, and the natives....right?"

And

"Do you really think this is YOUR land?"

And

"This really isn't about freedom...it's about wealth....right?"

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If they had to do it all over, how would they do it differently today?

Would they bother at all declaring Independence, considering, how things turned out.
I mean, are we as independent from the Bank of England today as they were then?

I would like to know what they thought about the speed cameras.
Also, do they run the pictures of people through facial recog. software just because or do they say, naw, we need a court order for that?
So what if no one but us will know, it's the principle that matters?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"Would you like to smoke some of this Sour Diesel with me? Because if you all did, you all wouldnt be so evil."

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

um.................nevermind smh ; ) Mabey they would relax a little lol. ATS ALWAYS seems to AMAZE ME.

LOL @ YOUR SIG.

[edit on 2/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would ask Benjamin Franklin about the dead children they found in his basement and covered up. Then probably cuss him out. And show him Jurassic park and tell him that is the future that I came from, all thanks to him.

HERE...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
SHOW STOPPER yet again..... getting tired of it. Ask and receive
and thats all

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That is a great question Whaaa and there were those that were put at great lengths the contradiction they were setting forth.

John Adams never owned a slave or paid a slave for labor. He, along with his wife Abagail lamented at the fact they were embarking on declaring freedom while denying that very freedom.

At the same time, even at odds with the situation and wanting to address the slavery issue, John Adams knew that if they were to establish freedom on this continent, they would have to forgo a battle he wished he could have fought. They also thought the issue would have been addressed by 1800 and sadly it wasn't.

As for my question, if I were to only pick one would to ask all of them for a steady debate on the original meaning and context of the General Welfare and if it has been steadily misapplied and misused to expand the Government into the monstrosity it is today.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Awesome vid

As for the OP request:

1.) What do you mean by the second amendment?
2.) What do they think of the use of Executive Orders?
3.) What do they think about taxing a persons income?
4.) What do they think about the complexity of the tax code?
5.) What if any, items or services did they intend or think the government is responsible for providing?
6.) Their ideas on any citizen holding dual citizenship?
7.) Their views on government spending related to debts and deficits?
8.) Their views on the extent of US forces being used outside the US?
9.) Clarify the 'respect an establishment of religion.'
10.) Their views on career politicians?
11.) Their opinions on the pay and benefits of members of congress?

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverseDecay

Never heard of this, maybe you should post a new thread about it?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i would ask:

Did you guys worship lucifer?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Wow, you'd have a chance to talk with some of the most well known symbols in history and you would ask them three completely loaded questions? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

reply to post by KyoZero

What would I ask the Founding Fathers... well, I ask them for guidance everyday already. But if I could physically ask them I suppose these few questions would suffice:

1. Knowing how this country turns out today, do you believe the sacrifice was still worth it?

2. What do you think went wrong from the original plan that was decided on, in order to turn this country into what we see today?

3. What would you suggest we do to fix this?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
1. Knowing how this country turns out today, do you believe the sacrifice was still worth it?

I think intuitively one would expect them to say 'no.' However, if you think about it, they would probably say the cause of freedom is always worth the fight, and you can only hope those who inherit it hold on to it, or at least fight to reclaim it.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Wolf321]

top topics

join