It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain working to regulate vitamins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Codex Alimentarius. God, I hate that name. It's so hard to pronounce, much less spell and the worst thing of all is that it's probably the greatest threat to our health ever concocted by TPTB. We need a shorter catchier name to market the opposition of this monstrosity to the masses.

Well, anyway John McCain, "our Republican hero" (yeah right), is out to steal away more of our rights and freedoms once again.

With friends like this guy, who needs enemies.

McCain’s Dietary Supplement Bill: An Attempt to Implement Codex Alimentarius

A bill recently introduced to the U.S. Senate, the Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 (S. 3002), by Senators John McCain and Byron Dorgan is possibly the most direct assault on natural health freedom we have seen for some time. If passed into law, this bill would require all dietary supplement manufacturers, distributors, and holders all the way down to the retail store level to be comprehensively registered. It would also allow for the arbitrary banning of nutritional supplements by the FDA and the introduction of deceitful reporting of adverse events related to them.

The legislation effectively gives the FDA carte blanche to do whatever it wishes in regards to natural supplements.

The cover for this legislation is that it is designed to prevent both intentional and unintentional steroid adulteration of dietary supplements. The trigger, according to McCain, was six NFL players who were accused of doping with supplements tainted with steroids. Even with this being the case, however, the FDA already has the authority to regulate synthetic anabolic steroids via the Anabolic Control Act of 2004 which permits them to do just that. Nevertheless, under the guise of the behavior of six NFL players, an entire market that has been proven not only very safe but very healthy will be essentially regulated out of business. (NHF)

The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 would require registration of any “business or operation engaged in manufacturing, packaging, holding, distributing, labeling, or licensing a dietary supplement for consumption in the United States,” definitions which could possibly include even retail stores that sell herbal and nutritional products. (DSSA p.2) Currently, under the Dietary Supplements and Non-Prescription Consumer Protection Act, small retailers are not required to register. This, however, will change with the passage of McCain-Dorgan’s bill. (NHF)

Read more: Blacklisted News

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Figures... I knew they would try to jump start this junk as soon as the Codex was approved in DEC. Funny the idea for the whole scheme was thought up in 1963 right after JFK was taken out. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverseDecay

You see! it's that stupid name CODEX AMIXALDOPHOLODOPHUSIPHILLYFAN, yuck!

What does that mean anyway! It's just babbling nonsense unless you happen to be an expert in Latin or Greek or whatever freakin language that is!

No wonder no one is interested in this! Who wants to fight against something you can't even pronounce!

TPTB are geniuses, freakin geniuses I tell you for coming up with this freakin name!

We need a better name for this thing before they shove this whole thing down our throats because nobody wants to protest against something they can't barely pronounce!

[edit on 25/2/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is absolutely Codex Alimentarius.

Codex Alimentarius simply means 'food code' or 'food book'.

I'm honestly pretty surprised at how slowly this has started to take hold. I expected it to hit much more quickly.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And for the record, Codex Alimentarius is not the only codex.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I agree, I hate the name "Codex Alimentarius", sounds like the name of sinister computer virus, or the bad guy in a scifi movie.

McCain must be about ready to retire, because this bill sounds like a deal he has made with "Big Pharma" to secure his retirement.

The premise of this bill is to protect these high profile atheletes, who make millions$$$$ per year, from "unintentionally" ingesting steroids?
Give me a break, the whole basis for this legislation is a LIE! These atheletes are only whining about this to save their sorry, lying, overpaid butts.

The FDA already regulates supplements under the classification that they are a "food". Supplements are not considered to be drugs under the FDA definition of a drug. The FDA just has to prove supplements as safe, but not effective. That is the big differnece between a drug, that must be proven both safe and effective to enter the market.

Nutritious food and the use of dietary supplements to augment nutrition is necessary for good health, and to counter the effects of nutritional deficiencies caused by prescription drugs.

For example, if you take an antibiotic for a prolonged period of time, you may need to supplement B vitamins & vitamin K. Or if you take carbamazepne, a drug for bipolar disorder and seizures, you will need folic acid and vitamin D supplementation. If you take prednisone, a supplement for calcium and vitamin D helps to prevent steroid induced osteoporosis.

Many people with lactose intolerance, or do not drink milk or OJ fortified with vitamin D, will require a calcium and vitamin D supplement.

If you take metformin (glucophage) for diabetes, make sure you take a vitamin B12 supplement.

The only thing this legislation will result in is higher prices, decreased quality and selection of supplements! We need to vote these IDIOTS like McCain out ASAP before they destroy what is left of the USA.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by icenine

The only thing this legislation will result in is higher prices, decreased quality and selection of supplements! We need to vote these IDIOTS like McCain out ASAP before they destroy what is left of the USA.

It's certainly not ONLY that. Codex is set up to exclude all countries that do not sign on. Meaning that if you are not a member of Codex, you do not get food from any country that is.

This is a step of globalization, not something that only effects us on a local scale.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hmm, so the way I read that, it would shut down my local apothecary, as well. They sell a variety of commercial supplements as well as bulk herbals. They already have to have every labeled as "dietary supplement" or "Not intended for internal use". I am guessing it will only get worse? It's bad enough that Stevia cannot be directly mentioned as a "sweetener" (although, that may have changed...?)

Time to start up my own garden... *sigh*

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Alright, I'll bite!

What are these other codex's and how do the sinister powers that be plan to use them against me?

And please tell me they at least have pronounceable names...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Codex is facism for food, water, and supplements. The globalist groups want to "own" our health! The WHO is out of control, and continues to publish falsified and skewed data designed to influence and frighten people.

This kind of control mechanism is being used all over healthcare in America today.

Millions of American women had their hormone supplementation taken away, decreasing their quality of life, based on a study from WHO with data that was skewed to show these hormones caused cardiac events.

Evidence based medicine is another example of government controlled, ONE SIZE FITS ALL, medicine. Medicine is called a science and an ART because the art of medicine is tailoring treatment to each individual, and we are all different and special in our own way.

These battles for control of our food and medicine are just now starting to intensify as this information becomes known to more people.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Alright, I'll bite!

What are these other codex's and how do the sinister powers that be plan to use them against me?

And please tell me they at least have pronounceable names...

I dont think you understand what codex means. Most codex's are books.

there's:
codex sinaiticus-considered one of the most important books in history
codex gigas-a medievil manuscript
Codex Seraphinianus-another manuscript
Codex Leicester-a Da Vinci collection
Codex Atlanticus-another Da Vinci collection
codex alexandrinus-a greek biblical text
code borgia-a ritual/ manuscript

it goes on and on. The interesting thing is that nearly ALL of them are religious codes.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What really worries me about all of this:

Just imagine if the health care bill is passed and all of the predictions of long waiting lines at the doctor's office come true.

Just imagine how much worse they would be if everyone had to go to their doctor for a prescription just to get their vitamins.

People would stop using their vitamins because they wouldn't be able to spare the time to wait for hours just to get their vitamin prescriptions.

So much for a free society.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What really worries me about all of this:

Just imagine if the health care bill is passed and all of the predictions of long waiting lines at the doctor's office come true.

Just imagine how much worse they would be if everyone had to go to their doctor for a prescription just to get their vitamins.

People would stop using their vitamins because they wouldn't be able to spare the time to wait for hours just to get their vitamin prescriptions.

So much for a free society.

I wouldn't have thought Vitamins would be provided in a health service, I dont tink they are here in the UK, although I can get proper medication from doctor whenever i want for free, without cueing.

People should be able to buy their vitamins if they feel they need them, but they need not be prescribed

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

People should be able to buy their vitamins if they feel they need them, but they need not be prescribed

That's just what this codex thing is all about. Taking away our right to buy vitamins without a prescription.

It also pretty much bans people from growing their own food.

It's scary the McCain, a supposed "conservative" (sorry I almost barfed in my mouth there) is the one to advance this part of the globalist agenda.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

That's just what this codex thing is all about. Taking away our right to buy vitamins without a prescription.

It's scary the McCain, a supposed "conservative" (sorry I almost barfed in my mouth there) is the one to advance this part of the globalist agenda.

Like i said before, vitamins are not what this is all about.

This is about forcing countries to bow to our regulations. Essentially forcing them to adopt our way of commerce.

Conservatives, liberals, whatever. All differnt areas of the same spectrum.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My guess is that McCain is about as ill informed on this as he was on net neutrality. I don't think he reads or comprehends these proposals. He just signs onto things that on the surface sound good to him...then wiggles out later when he realizes what it's all about...oh, and I'm guess I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt.

I really think he's a dim bulb full of bluster and indignation. I actually voted for him back in '86 I think. pfffft.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There've been plenty of great threads on the codex:

Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)

HELLO? Codex Alimentarius? This December 31st people!

Article: NUTRICIDE: The Killing Camps of Codex Alimentarius

Codex Alimentarius has begun, right on schedule

Codex Alimentarius Summarized in 7 Points

Edit to add: They're actually much better than my lame thread and much more informative to. Just consider my thread an update.

[edit on 25/2/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Two parts in thinking on this one: First, don't vote for McCain ever again for anything.

Second, get on the phones and call your senators and tell them NOT to co-sponsor the bill. If they already have co-sponsored, demand for the sake of humanity that they remove their names as co-sponsors.

Some sort of rage is always just under the surface with McCain, and he thinks of himself being better informed than you or I. But because he is an arrogant, self-impressed, ball of rage, he will never admit he got this one wrong.

Oh, for the love of Pete! vote him out of office!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Two parts in thinking on this one: First, don't vote for McCain ever again for anything.

Second, get on the phones and call your senators and tell them NOT to co-sponsor the bill. If they already have co-sponsored, demand for the sake of humanity that they remove their names as co-sponsors.

Some sort of rage is always just under the surface with McCain, and he thinks of himself being better informed than you or I. But because he is an arrogant, self-impressed, ball of rage, he will never admit he got this one wrong.

Oh, for the love of Pete! vote him out of office!

There is no sponsoring it. It is a global agenda, and is not in the hands of our politicians(which makes it unconstitutional).

Furthermore, it has already been adopted, long ago in this country and went into effect on Jan 1st.

This is not something that can be undone at this point.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Care to show where the Codex Alimentarius states that?

Its real purpose is to stop bogus claims from the con artists that push vitamins and supplements from making outlandish claims

top topics

<<   2 >>

join