It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Tooth Pain Remedy. Tobacco 100% effective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was searching for a remedy for a serious tooth ache. There was another thread mentioning this but I wanted to back it up after trying the suggestion. Well after dealing with tooth pain issues from a filling that fell out , I have found a serious temporary pain killer for a big hole in a tooth. I found it here on ATS. The loved and hated Tobbaco plant is the secret remedy. Tobacco placed inside the hole will kill tooth pain in seconds. There is something about the tobbaco juice that is better for the nerves than anything else. I had best results with menthol tobacco and the chem free tobacco. This helped me until the tooth needed removed . In extreme emergencys go for the tobacco remedy. Ive tried it all believe me this works the best bar none and is almost instant relief. I mentioned this to the dentist and he said he never heard of it, but he will study up on it he said. It doesnt work forever but it works for a long time.

DWT

[edit on 25-2-2010 by dntwastetime]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That's good to know. Also why it is a good idea to have a few tylenol 3's or lortabs stashed away just in case a toothache hits over the weekend.

I'd rather take a beating with a baseball bat than have an aching tooth.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Good tip. Pills work too for sure. I found just tearing off a small piece of a Newport ciggarette and putting it in the hole was the best way for me to survive for months. It was hell but Thank God for this remedy. Its probably the only thing that tobbaco is really good for from my experiance .

[edit on 25-2-2010 by dntwastetime]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow really?

I'd never have thought.. I mean, I smoke the occasional roll-up like for when nerves get up, and accidentally finding a lump of baccy in your mouth tastes terrible!

But I guess if your tooth is gonna be hurting so bad, you'd totally forgo the taste and enjoy the numbing qualities!

Mother nature strikes again!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I remember being at scout camp and one year the yellow jackets were being douche bags and kept stinging us all week, so my dad kept breaking his cigs and gave us the tobbacco to rub on the wounds, hahaha.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just went through the worst tooth ache also and would have done anything to try and kill the pain!
I even had heavy RX pills and it would not go away!
Next time I might have to try your method if something happens again.

But I did get the best stuff to kill the pain for the meantime from my Uncle who is a Doctor, Lidocaine Hydrochloride Oral Topical Solution, just a bit on the toothbrush and
a little swish killed the pain and I still have not had to go to the Dentist. This stuff is a
keeper in the medicine cabinet!

This is why I never throw away old RX until they are expired.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by TwoTechnics]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
One more useful remedy is clove oil. When nothing else worked for me that clove oil did a pretty good job at keeping it numb. Thanks for the tobacco remedy, as a smoker I will always have that handy. Is it just mentholated tobacco that works or will regular work as well?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well thats one i have never heard of! But as someone who has suffered major tooth ache i will take all the tips i can ever get lol, When your in that much pain you will try anything, I swear tooth ache is one of the worst pains!!! lol,

Warm salted water is works great, NEVER SWOLLOW though; just swill around the mouth. I find it works best with quite a bit of salt in the water; It also helps keep the infection at bay, You must do this as much as needed to help ease the pain; Dentist recommend that too.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Never heard that one. I need oral surgery and can not get it done for a few weeks. I use wild oil of oregano rite in the cavity. Cures the pain for 6 hours at a time. does not numb it, just takes the pain. I smoke though may try that too,lol

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As mentioned before, clove oil works wonders for toothaches.

Stuff tastes like a big bag of ass, but it numbs up teeth and gums on contact.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
As mentioned before, clove oil works wonders for toothaches.

Stuff tastes like a big bag of ass, but it numbs up teeth and gums on contact.

You have tasted a big bag of ass?

Clove oil is good.

Tobacco works great (if you can find the clove cigs, those work doubly well).

Tobacco has a pin killer in it, apparently.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
I remember being at scout camp and one year the yellow jackets were being douche bags and kept stinging us all week, so my dad kept breaking his cigs and gave us the tobbacco to rub on the wounds, hahaha.

When I was young I was taught to use tobacco to draw insect poisons, too. I was told that you had to chew the tobacco a bit first, though, as someting in human saliva combined with the tobacco to draw the venom out. I still use it whenever anyone gets stung, since usually someone is a smoker. It's quick and effective.

On a side note, did you know that clean spider silk has antibiotic properties?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Another thing you can do is fill the tooth with temporary filler. They sell it at most pharmacies, walmarts, etc. It's a polymer "clay" that you roll into a ball then press into the cavity. It'd be a good idea to clean whatever you could out first then rinse out with peroxide. It takes about an hour to set up and should last about two weeks.. if it does come apart, you can always re-apply until you can get to a dentist.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iiianyydayiii

The temporary filler hurt me alot it was so chemical, as well as it swelled I had to remove it as the sensitivity to the mixture. This hole was huge and incredibly painful and any ciggarette tobbaco instantly settled the pain and numbed it. I just found over the months that newport was the most numbing . try it and let me know.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All four of my wisdom teeth are impacted and have been hurting literally every day for a few years. I have tried tons of remedied, but I dunno about tobacco. I usually just swish water around in my mouth all day and that helps TONS. Plus drinking that much water everyday is a good idea anyways.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

It works for holes in the teeth for sure from my experiance in tooth problems which has been many. I am not sure how it would work for impacted pain. But if you have holes try it , everyone looks at me crazy but some have witnessed my instant relief from pain using tobacco and were convinced of its ability.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Yes...that is an effective use of tobacco. Wet tobacco can be applied to bee stings and will help soothe the stinging.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
it sounds funny and maybe too obvious but mine hurt for months and months and it was agonizing and i just started making sure all of the food was out of any holes in my teeth after i ate and i haven't had tooth pain in almost six months

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the pain advice. I always end up using drugs but they are hard on the system.

For long term anti-biotic properties, try Olive Leaf Extract ( liquid and tastes really bad ) and Manuka Honey ( UMF 10 + ) . Because it is usually just a small infection that causes massive pressure under the teeth, that causes the worst, head splitting pain.

Note: Both these are far more hardcore than they sound. I hate it when someone gives me some light "hippy" remedy. I want nature to be as good as the drugs.

top topics

join