It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore list suggestion: auto-expire and permanent options

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
No, "way out there" means I think you're hard to explain things to.

It's not hard unless you expect an exact copy of yourself.

Why would you? You are one of my ATS "friends" now

I didn't want to ignore a "respected foe" since I never had anybody on the list of until now.

Especially if one chooses to add people to an ignore list.

Exactly. Wouldn't be able to learn any other way.

OK, I'll reply by saying that to put me on your "foe" list and post a comment in my profile saying you don't understand why you're doing it is pretty naive.

How's that?

There is a difference to understand something better and to not understand something at all. If you don't want to understand, then there is no purpose to live. When someone knows everything there is possibly to know. Then it is time to die. By that time, it would mean someone that knows everything surely has some brains to share and return to those such brain belong to originally. Sounds stupid, yet not to the one that knows everything.

If you think I don't understand, then it is a compliment to be considered stupid and therefore considered to have not stolen anything. However, I can be quite a femme fatale when someone alright calls me stupid with no show of respect. It can be quite a bloody mess.

DI you brave soul.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I only have one member on my ignore list.I deleted this once,read
another stupid post by this individual,hit the ignore button again.
I use the ignore feature for trolls and others who purposely derail
threads.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

...I only have about 3 on the ignore list. Do you want me to take one off in order to put you on it?

Suit yerself.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Suit yerself.

That may seem easy for you, so ok.

Do you mind if a fact of life is ignored that one of us in inside a blackhole.

How was stupidity ever found unmeasurable until a baby took it's first step into a blackhole.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Guys, it was simple suggestion. I don't think s/he was asking for a reign of terror from you. If you don't use the ignore function that's your business. Personally, I do think these are good suggestions. I also think the list needs to be expanded. I report trolls and ignore them. I don't waste my time reading it. Some people just have nothing of worth to add to any conversation, ever. If you can deal with it, good for you. Others don't want to and that's their choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Guys, it was simple suggestion. I don't think s/he was asking for a reign of terror...

Read the back-story here.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'd rather have an unlimited number of permanent ignores. As it is, we are limited to a maximum of ten ignores and therefore I have to be very judicious in my use of them.

With all the great written works both on the internet and in printed form, I find it almost humorous that some suggest that just because someone posts something on here that we have some sort of intellectual obligation to spend our valuable reading time enduring some poster who repeatedly engages in the worst forms of sophistry.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ enduring some poster who repeatedly engages in the worst forms of sophistry.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a world epidemic that is exploited by the internet, or pandemic case, whatever way you want to view it from.

With my years of time on the internet, went through the stages of many different kinds of people. Would you believe that the first ordinary decade of being online was practically troll free. There were a few famous ones from USENET that seemed to have started the trend. It was like college camps competed with each other, and it got out of hand. People didn't understand what happened.

Time passed and the troll got totally misrepresented to hide the truth of history itself.

The pandemic case overtook the old college competitive troll and became the new troll of impoliteness. The political troll became an unstable wraith. They feed off each other.

We can apply science of radiation and we find the pandemic case actually goes beyond the internet. Maybe it's from too many eyeballs on the boob-toob, yet all the heightened intellectuals that really just got on the internet to socialize and virtualize seemed to drop off the face of the earth.

Some of us are still here and maybe we came up with an equation for this. Well, it is an equation or the Mayan calandar is right about something.

Newbies think we are being just overly sophy (*sophisticated*), yet we never try to be that way. In fact, we want others to just relax and enjoy the virtualization.

People are either really scared of the end of the world and shrunk their own brains down to nothing or there is a common diseases for which we already have evidence. No matter how much we show the evidence the more they devolve. That seemed to be cause and effect. Give them what they want and they devolve. Is that their wish or are they really that stupid.

So, time passed more ordinary decades, we tolerated being called arrogant and we just gave and gave ideas until it hurt. Then the advent of internet addiction was invented by some stupid lad just because we wanted to take a break from the pain.

Do we really "deserve" to explain this.. we just want to 'evolve' and not 'devolve'.

With actors, all those Alzheimer cases, it is just obvious.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

All those years on the internet, and now you want an ignore function?

I have a better suggestion. Unplug your modem.

[edit on 2/3/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

That could be taken as a legal threat if words are used to their fullest extent of the law.

Looks like somebody on my list just found justice through replacement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join