It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Floor Statement on Assassinations 2/24/10

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

It is not up to me to fact check for you. Do your own damn research if you doubt something. I had no reason to think Ron Paul was lying or misrepresenting the truth.

It is up to you to fact check for yourself. Just because it's Ron Paul doesn't automatically make him above reproach. Do you automatically take all politicians words at face value?

If you think Ron Paul is lying or fearmongering than blast him not me. Those are his words. GET IT ?...

How were we supposed to know? You didn't attribute your source.

reply to post by endisnighe

So tell me whatukno, when you are in another country, are you no longer an American?

No you still are an American, but you apparently missed the part where I said that you still are under the rights and privileges afforded under the constitution.

When will the gov say Americans here working for terrorists can be assassinated?

Time will tell. Apparently you missed the part where I agreed With Ron Paul that these Americans still have the right to a fair trial.

And do quit the misrepresentation of Dr. Paul as being a fear mongerer. I guess Dr Martin Luther King Jr. was a fear mongerer also, same as Jefferson or Washington.

When you intentionally misrepresent the facts in order to incite fear and purposefully cause mistrust, yes you are a fear monger, I don't give a damn who does it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Damn, quit being so intelligent and non provacative!

It is nice to be back in the land of broadband!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I understand your position, you are mad because I didn't put the source of my quote thinking that people that posted on the thread actually watched the video. If i could go back to edit I would. I apologized way back on page 3 but we are still on the subject.

So how about discussing the subject of the US government allowing the assassination of its own citizens. I thought I read somewhere that all American citizens are entitiled to a fair trial before being sentenced to death. Do the laws of this country matter anymore?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i think ron paul should be the next president of the united states.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

So how about discussing the subject of the US government allowing the assassination of its own citizens. I thought I read somewhere that all American citizens are entitiled to a fair trial before being sentenced to death. Do the laws of this country matter anymore?

While I disagree with Ron Paul's fear mongering tactic to purposely rephrase what was actually said and instead interject that Mr. Blair was speaking about all Americans. I agree that as a citizen of this country people, even ones that choose to go overseas and engage in open war against the United States deserve a fair trial.

I do not think the United States government has any right to target United States citizens for assassination, even those citizens who are overseas working with terrorists. They should be captured if possible and returned to the United States on charges of treason.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes, but consider:

Source

Why can I lose my citizenship if I commit treason?

Treason remains a basis for the loss of US citizenship, while similar provisions dealing with military desertion and draft avoidance have been repealed. The treason provision is infrequently used and there are questions about whether it is constitutional.

If it is determined, in most cases by a diplomatic or consular official abroad, that a person has in fact effectively renounced US citizenship, the official is to prepare a certificate of loss of citizenship and forward it to the State Department. The State Department then makes an official determination, and if it concludes that the renunciation was effective, forwards the certificate of loss of citizenship to the INS and sends a copy to the consular official to return to the person. At that point, the person has one year in which to appeal the loss of citizenship. The person can also, at any point in the future, regain citizenship if there was no written declaration of the intent to renounce citizenship.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow, what a thread..I stuck with it and read through all the posts before responding. At any rate the argument about the quote is getting old. Everyone should get over it and deal with the issue at hand. In my eyes that issue is the American Government assassinating its citizens?

It really doesn't matter where the citizen is in the world. I think a better use of four pages of banter about who quoted who improperly (for the record I don't have any problems with the quote, Ron Paul said it, it is what it is) would be to hash out just what they mean by "get specific permission"...Specific permission from whom? The president, the military's general in the area, the on call supervisor that night, congress? Just who can give this "specific permission"? Because depending on who gives it, this "specific permission" can still be "at government discretion".

And while I agree that Blair in the context of his original statements was likely referring to U.S. Citizens abroad, nothing in his statement prohibited assassinating citizens right here in CONUS.

Now I like to see the bad guys eliminated (read as; blown up, shot, poisoned or any other method that makes them cease to be a threat to anyone). But, when we start assassinating people we are headed down a very slippery slope.

There needs to be clearer rules of engagement. These rules need to be public knowledge. I might have less issue with this "assassination" policy if I knew that the process to undertake such actions were sound. I guess to some degree I just want to see some kind of due process.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think the US Government, particularly the CIA has been assassinating US citizens for a long time now, so this is nothing new. Most notably, they've had a hand in taking out their own President (JFK) and his brother (RFK) and then having the audacity to name airports, libraries and Space Centres in their honour. It would be the equivalent of Hitler naming buildings and stadiums after the very people he killed.

I hope for the US's sake either Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura run for President in 2012... come to think of it, they'd be a great President and Vice-President team!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is why i love visiting ATS once in a while. Juicy bits of information that there is no other place for. Thanks for ModernAcidemia for posting this. My band put some music to it we liked it so much!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join