It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Floor Statement on Assassinations 2/24/10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Dr. Paul is one of the most incredibly brave citizen-politicians of the Millennium. God protect him from all evil. Amen.

President Obama is such a disappointment that with any news at all about his administration I simply want to scream at the top of my lungs.

Yes and yes to both your points.

I worry for Dr. Paul, especially since he won the CPAC straw poll. I hope that months or years from now we don't look back on this speech as being ironically prophetic.

Maybe the one thing that has kept Ron Paul from being the victim of the BigGov NWO crowd is his high profile. At some point though TPTB may decide he has become too great a danger to their "cause". Here we have a "true patriot", saying it like it is. What a treasure he is.

It seems to me, TPTB are showing desperation at some major set-backs recently. They seem to now want to provoke the American people to riot so they can have an excuse for cancelling the few remaining rights we, as citizens, have.

We should pray for Ron Paul's safety. Evil is all about us, and only God can deliver us.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Erasurehead:
"National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair in open testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Feb. 3rd of this year acknowledged that American citizens can indeed be assassinated at our governments discretion."

rnaa:
EH put that statement in quotes, so I wanted to know who was being quoted, because that is NOT what Blair said.

There's a certain minimum level of reading comprehension that would be helpful here. I apologize that I assumed that you understood.

Yes, you're correct. Dennis Blair did not say that Dennis Blair said those things. The quoted text is referring to Mr. Blair in the third person. Very obviously the quoted text is not a direct quote from Mr. Blair. It is a quote from someone paraphrasing what Mr. Blair said.

Now...when you said that you couldn't find any source for that quote...I assumed that you understand that the quoted text was not a quote from Mr. Blair. I assumed that you were really looking for an alternate source for what Mr. Blair said, rather than a source for the person paraphrasing what Mr. Blair said....because honestly, it hadn't even occured to me that you would be looking for the source of that quote.

None of them have the quote provided by ErasureHead
I did look, but I looked for the exact quote that Erasurehead mentioned.

Once again...I apologize. I assumed that you were paying attention.

IT'S FROM THE VIDEO IN THE ORIGINAL POST OF THIS THREAD THAT YOU'RE RESPONDING TO.

2:58-3:16

In case you have a difficult time finding it, here is a link.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
to me voting is almost like throwing stones in a lake trying to fill it up. you can cast as many as you want, but it still has very little effect. having said that if i did vote, it would be for ron paul.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I certainly give Mr. Paul kudos for having the stones to make that statement on the Floor. However, it is statements such as this and others made by him that will ensure that he will not be a viable 3rd party candidate in 2012.

The MSM and those who feel threatened by him will paint his character assassination with a very broad brush. Get ready for Ron Paul the Wacko presidential candidate.

He will end up being tossed into the same bucket next to Lyndon LaRouche.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

No way! Hold up!

Our complaint is that the material that Erasurehead posted is deliberately out of context than what was actually said. It was purposely posted in order to obfuscate the actual facts of the matter so that a specific agenda could be forwarded.

What Mr. Blair was talking about and what Erasurehead was trying to imply were two completely different things. I believe that Erasurehead, was trying to deliberately skew the issue in order to make it worse than it really is.

While Ron Paul is right and the fact remains that American citizens abroad working for terrorists organizations should not be targeted for assassination but instead be arrested and brought to justice. Erasurehead instead tried to fool people into believing that normal Americans at home were the targets.

It's still a damn dirty lie and that is why rnaa and I both asked for verification instead of accepting Erasurehead's quote as fact. In fact rnaa and my reading comprehension isn't as issue here, what is at issue here is the deliberate and knowledgeable divergence from the actual facts.

The actual statements made by Mr. Blair change the story completely instead of what skewed vision that you and Erasurehead have about them. While I still agree with Ron Paul that this is not the way that America should conduct itself, the fear mongering Erasurehead portrayed is completely inexcusable. It is in my opinion akin to attempting to incite riot.

Give the facts as they are, instead of skewing them to a political agenda. don't give us crap about asking for proof of what is now known as a lie.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And this all goes back to 9/11 doesn't it? 9/11 was the genesis of all these anti American idea's starting with the Patriot act. With the corporate main stream media's heavy and I mean heavy criticism and attack of anyone who questions 9/11 (including the fake Glenn Beck who attacks 9/11 truthers), how much more evidence does a person need that 9/11 was a designed false flag to usher in globalism (slavery) and control of the American people. 9/11 was the catalyst of all of this and it isn't directed at Islamic terrorist it is directed at the American people plain and simple with anyone with open eyes.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by crusaderiam]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
[edit on 25-2-2010 by crusaderiam]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Erasurehead

Trying to look up what you said, I can't seem to find a link to it. So, do you have a credible link to such a source? I would hate to look foolish by believing you blindly about what Mr Blair had said.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by whatukno]

Sorry for the confusion everyone. The quote is directly from the Ron Paul video posted by the OP. If you watch the video you can hear Ron Paul say those exact words.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by LordBucket

No way! Hold up!

Our complaint is that the material that Erasurehead posted is deliberately out of context than what was actually said. It was purposely posted in order to obfuscate the actual facts of the matter so that a specific agenda could be forwarded.

What Mr. Blair was talking about and what Erasurehead was trying to imply were two completely different things. I believe that Erasurehead, was trying to deliberately skew the issue in order to make it worse than it really is.

While Ron Paul is right and the fact remains that American citizens abroad working for terrorists organizations should not be targeted for assassination but instead be arrested and brought to justice. Erasurehead instead tried to fool people into believing that normal Americans at home were the targets.

It's still a damn dirty lie and that is why rnaa and I both asked for verification instead of accepting Erasurehead's quote as fact. In fact rnaa and my reading comprehension isn't as issue here, what is at issue here is the deliberate and knowledgeable divergence from the actual facts.

The actual statements made by Mr. Blair change the story completely instead of what skewed vision that you and Erasurehead have about them. While I still agree with Ron Paul that this is not the way that America should conduct itself, the fear mongering Erasurehead portrayed is completely inexcusable. It is in my opinion akin to attempting to incite riot.

Give the facts as they are, instead of skewing them to a political agenda. don't give us crap about asking for proof of what is now known as a lie.

You know I really don't appreciate that you are accusing me of lying and fear mongering. I quoted Ron Paul directly from the video that the OP posted. I didn't feel the need to post the source since I thought it would be obvious to people that watched the video. I guess I was wrong to assume that people actually watch the videos they are responding to.

Admit it, you jumped the gun and responded before you even watched the video.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by Erasurehead]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Do you or didn't you support “enhanced interrogation techniques”? And “extraordinary rendition”?

I'm asking because you seem, rightfully in my opinion, worried about the legality (and the place of due process) of these policies and measures the Government has taken lately, but I remember—perhaps erroneously—that you supported many of the policies implemented by the Bush administration like the so called “enhanced interrogation techniques.”

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Dr. Pauls point about knowing that it has occured, yet we tacitly denied it, bears some thought considering what you say.

Honestly, the killing of terrorists via predator drone is an assasination.

But as it relates to US citizens, any time it happens we need to seek out the offender and bring them to justice. Ruby Ridge is what you refer to, i believe. Or the Montana Freemen. Either works for what you are asserting.

If you are a soldier, thank you for your service. I love my country, and your service is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

No I did watch the video, but I expect more from ATS members than to quote a politician without fact checking first.

I asked for a source for the information. The source for the quote, while the source was the quote, it was a politician who said it and dammit, even though it's Ron Paul, we as ATS members should have a better understanding.

Ron Paul was wrong in where he quoted Blair stating that the U.S. Government was targeting Americans. Paul omitted the fact that Blair said Americans working overseas for terrorists.

While correct that this should not happen, he used fear in the same way he was arguing against.

But instead of citing that fact, you just blatantly put the quote with no source or no individual research of your own, forwarding this propaganda and fear mongering that we see in this video.

Knowing the full facts of where the source information comes from changes things dramatically. But instead of looking for those facts, you decided to perpetuate more fear and more ignorance and forward a direct lie.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Lets face it, if the did assassinate Americans who would know? In the 50s and 60s the CIA had an assassinations gun that was case less and would shoot a little dart that could give someone a heart attack. Who's to say they don't have stuff to make it give the appearance of drug of choice over dose? Black water now XE is under many different government contracts, and are subject to privacy, why wouldn't they just have these mercs kill who they want dead and only insiders would know the exact truth.

The point is, regardless of if we approve or disapprove if they want it done it will happen and they'll just have a story about some foreign guy against America is dead, and we'll be happy.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a shill.

He is there to provide you with a sense of fairness. He's there to let you continue to think you have free speech and freedom and he will remain standing there until his job of making you feel like you can say or do something about anything is no longer relevant.

You want to see change? BE change. Stop letting other people stand up for you. Insist on a complete accounting from your representative. INSIST that your representative present your views.

If you don't become active and get directly involved and express your views through both protest and petition to yoru direct representative then you lose.

Everything.

spouting off in a forum is useless. BE change.

You the people. Remember? Ron Paul is one guy, and he's old and he's not all of your representative is he? Do you know who your congressional district rep is? Do you know who he answers to?

If not? why not?

Show up at their office.

This kind of meaningless gesturing does NOTHING.

ACT and BE CHANGE.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Star and flag, You have so much good stuff, but your avatar should cut down on the colloidal silver. Just kidding.
Ron Paul is up there with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the greatest American heros.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You are completely wrong about this. You need to direct you anger elsewhere. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the video that the OP posted. I quoted directly from the video exactly word for word. I think you are lying that you watched the video before you blasted me or you wouldn't have asked for the source.

It is not up to me to fact check for you. Do your own damn research if you doubt something. I had no reason to think Ron Paul was lying or misrepresenting the truth.

If you think Ron Paul is lying or fearmongering than blast him not me. Those are his words. GET IT ?...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
"National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair in open testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Feb. 3rd of this year acknowledged that American citizens can indeed be assassinated at our governments discretion."

I fear where we are heading in this country.

Are we really so afraid to allow the govenment to kill citizens with no charges or trial?

Actually this has been our policy since 1963 starting with Kennedy.But their purpose in announcing it is probably fear factor. If you oppose your government's policies you can be exterminated

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There is more to this story than "Obama said it's okay to assassinate American citizens". For a detailed account and quotes of what Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair said, go to : www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Maybe the one thing that has kept Ron Paul from being the victim of the BigGov NWO crowd is his high profile. At some point though TPTB may decide he has become too great a danger to their "cause". Here we have a "true patriot", saying it like it is. What a treasure he is.

It seems to me, TPTB are showing desperation at some major set-backs recently. They seem to now want to provoke the American people to riot so they can have an excuse for cancelling the few remaining rights we, as citizens, have.

If anything happened someone else would take his place. Losing him would give credibility to whoever else follows. If any of their snoops are listening they should know that the public reaction would be so great that a lot more of the people on the sidelines would get serious. If their plan is to spark insurrection then that would fail too, because people know how rotten our government has become and the jerks would lose their henchmen.

The ptb are getting away with what they are doing because they still have a thin, very very thin, veneer of legitimacy.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Do you need more links? This has been in the net for the last week or so. Reuters also has an article about it.

blog.newsweek.com...

PS. If I am not mistaken, an American is an American no matter where he is located. So I am to understand by your statement that an American loses his citizenship at the borders of said state when they travel to another place???

Just trying to understand why yall put so much effort and energy in discrediting a poster on here for quoting someone??

It is my opinion that you are just attempting to hijack said thread.

Not very condusive to rational debate now is it??

[edit on 25-2-2010 by rougeskut]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join