It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Floor Statement on Assassinations 2/24/10

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If the government has stripped away our right of habeas corpus, can imprison and torture us indefinitely and now claims the right to kill us at their discretion it really sounds like they have declared war on the people of the US. Just because there isn't a tank parked in your front yard doesn't make it any less real.
The legal precedents are all here to do WHATEVER they want, to WHOMEVER they want. If this isn't the very definition of tyranny then it doesn't exist.
Freedom is now a myth.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

All the hullabaloo about torturing terrorists (or enemy combatants if you are liberal)

Try again, it was the conservative Bush administration that wanted everyone to use the phrase "Illegal Enemy Combatant" That way they could condone torture.

online.wsj.com...

Man this thread is full of misquotes, outright lies, and misleading information. No wonder everyone is confused. It seems that people are intentionally confusing these issues on here lately.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ah! the door was cracked a bit (I caught it) and the regular threadkillers kicked it wide open - bravo gentlemen.

You know when the Patriot Act was first put into effect I expressed concern because "I read it" and no where did it say anything about not being used on American citizens. I voiced my concerns and the normal response was "It wont be used on American citizens. We of course Know that I was right as it has been invoked on many occasions on Joe Blow American.

I guess we can all sleep easy now since Blair specifically said 'Abroad" on this one. I guess we can trust that they wont abuse this power as well. I guess we can all just ignore their track record up to this point and yet again be duped into assuming they will do the right thing here, this time.

Well they already have legislation to strip us of our citizenship and that will make this matter just that much easier to contend with. But no your right, we should not take this out of context.

S + F OP

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I really feel sorry for Americans. They have the potential to be the greatest country in the world, but after they elected obama that all went down the crapper.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thank you for posting this. This is frightening in its implications for the future of our republic. I hope everyone will take the time to watch it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Why do people keep putting things out of context?

In case you don't know, it is legal in the US, for a long time, to kill(assassinate, murder, wtv) american citizens.

Obvious example? Death penalty.

Less obvious? If you aim your gun to a cop, you will be shot dead in a second (some people even use unloaded guns to commit suicide).

And if you still argue that it's not about that... It has always been legal to security/LE/military to kill anyone that becomes a threat to the national security or the security of...something..

Again, another obvious example of assassination that is accepted.

If you put your toes after the "do not cross" line in Area51, you will also be assassinated, without warning (if you don't consider the huge board that you saw earlier a warning).

I don't see why this is a huge surprise to so many people in here.

[edit on 25/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Liberalism, in its most extreme, can take on the appearance of Nazism/Facism.

The approval of assasinating US citizens is a critical milestone that must not be passed. Who will be deemed worthy of death without due process? When they come for your neighbor, will you speak up for them? As your children are shuffled off to a slave labor camp/concentration camp, will you regret remaining silent?

Read the following:

www.scribd.com...

The plan was to bring back the Fourth Reich. They inflitrated the US right after WWII. The plan is right on track, it seems.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

No, the death penalty is not an assasination. The death penalty uses due process. You obviously understand nothing about being an American if you don't understand this concept.

Fight for your liberty. Don't allow them to come collect your neighbor.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
While the potential for abuse is huge with that kind of policy.....still, gonna do the devils advocate here.........

If a guy or team of guys have say a small nuclear device, enough to wreck a small city, bought say from Russia or North Korea, Pakistan, you name it....is in the USA, would you rather they be assassinated quickly and efficiently or, maybe someone attempt to capture them and give them due process, and hopefully they won't detonate in the attempt....could be your city....think about it.......

PG

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Dr. Paul is one of the most incredibly brave citizen-politicians of the Millennium. God protect him from all evil. Amen.

President Obama is such a disappointment that with any news at all about his administration I simply want to scream at the top of my lungs.

Yes and yes to both your points.

I worry for Dr. Paul, especially since he won the CPAC straw poll. I hope that months or years from now we don't look back on this speech as being ironically prophetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

To help you out here, please read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Ah! the door was cracked a bit (I caught it) and the regular threadkillers kicked it wide open - bravo gentlemen.

You know when the Patriot Act was first put into effect I expressed concern because "I read it" and no where did it say anything about not being used on American citizens. I voiced my concerns and the normal response was "It wont be used on American citizens. We of course Know that I was right as it has been invoked on many occasions on Joe Blow American.

I guess we can all sleep easy now since Blair specifically said 'Abroad" on this one. I guess we can trust that they wont abuse this power as well. I guess we can all just ignore their track record up to this point and yet again be duped into assuming they will do the right thing here, this time.

Well they already have legislation to strip us of our citizenship and that will make this matter just that much easier to contend with. But no your right, we should not take this out of context.

S + F OP

Umm what legislation are you talking about? The one where you turn against your own country and try to kill it's citizens? Or...yeah that's about all I can think of unless you have another law that's unknown to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I don't know of any provisions of the Patriot Act that were due for a vote, and I don't know of any that are due to be renewed this year.

Perhaps that is another thread.

I found this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL.

If you are killed by Death Penalty, your death registration comes under "Homicide".

BTW, I'm not arguing about right or wrong, or even about law.

I'm just saying that I'm a bit surprised that people see this as "new".

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

LOL.

If you are killed in the Death Penalty, your death registration comes under "Homicide".

ok. are we discussing "homocide" or "assasination"?

You can't move the target.

Look up the definition of assasination. Unless you provide for due process, you have murdered as a tyrant. There is no justice without due process.

I am an opponent of the death penalty. Killing is wrong. But this is not about killing, it is about something far, far more important the a single human life. This is about liberty, and the foundation of America.

This is the reason that we are encouraged to keep and bear arms.

edit to add: i LOVE your avatar!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

i think you edited after i replied.

Fair enough. I agree, it isn't "new". Only recently resurfaced after being outlawed by Carter.

it is wrong. we cannot allow it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What is scary about this is these things will take on a whole new meaning when we are functioning under a global governance. How do you define a threat as foreign or domestic after we are under a One World Governmnet?

Resist the New World Order...resistance is all we have left....

And don't tell me there is no New World Order...if you believe that then go watch the G20 Summit. Cointelpro is heavy in here, thats why I don't frequent this site much anymore. You guys spend all your time arguing with each other...take action.

Or better yet go spend some time watching the British Parliment they openly discuss the G20's influence on every decision they make...that's where we are headed.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm aware of the various definitions regarding assassination/murder/homicide/etc.

But I'm not discussing that.

I'm just trying to point out that "legal" or legal assassinations occur everyday, and most of them are even accepted by people (not in the moral sense of the word, just taken as something that usually happens).

...I belong to a sniper unit in Spec Ops, so I do have some "clear view" of an political/strategic/anti-terrorism assassination.

I also don't think that it is morally right what is being pushed into the american people regarding assassinations. Each case has to be analyzed, and deadly force (the word assassination usually is used when the target isn't aware of the attacker intentions) has to be very well pondered before acting.

...I agree with you. The death penalty is wrong. I believe that the punishment should fit the crime. But what you see is people that actually don't deserve the death penalty are being forced into it.

There are plenty of cases throwout history where the americans assassinated someone under "moral values" and "democracy", and it ended biting their behinds.

But again, I'm surprised that just because this was verbalized by Obama, people started to panic and "throw stones" (in their own right) to the administration, for saying such a thing.

The reality, is that they exist, they are going to keep occurring, and they existed way before ATS even existed or this thread was started.

Regarding of personal opinions, the assassination of Pres.Kennedy did happen, to name an example.

Other threats (or "threats") have also been assassinated in the past. I can't recall the name, or the place, but I remember a case where a family (this was in the US) that revolted against the system, started living in the woods, and the FBI was stalking their movements.

The situation ended with snipers aiming at the house and so on. It ended with children and women killed (assassinated, if you take the snipers definition).

I do think the Patriot Act is a serious threat to freedom, but I think some people are picking on the wrong side. What I said can be said by any government representative.

Off-topic:

Thanks.

Photoshoped cats always brighten my day. lol My avatar helps me calm down before posting. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Other threats (or "threats") have also been assassinated in the past. I can't recall the name, or the place, but I remember a case where a family (this was in the US) that revolted against the system, started living in the woods, and the FBI was stalking their movements.

The situation ended with snipers aiming at the house and so on. It ended with children and women killed (assassinated, if you take the snipers definition).
That was the Randy Weaver case. FBI agents entrapped him into supplying a illegal weapon to them. They killed his son and wife. She was shot through the neck by an FBI sniper while holding a baby in her arms on the front porch of their home.

I will look for more info on it.en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

i agree, and with that being said sometimes i fear for Ron Pauls life.

he seems to be the only outspoken opposition. He sure does get ballsy at times lol...specially for an older guy. he looks our govt officials right in the eyes and calls them out.

maybe we should appoint him a few unofficial ATS body guards...any takers??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join