It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE evil of the Gay Agenda

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by neformore

thanks for that, and jesus NEVER spoke of homosexuality

there is not one word recorded of him saying against, if it is that big a deal youd think he would of said something or someone would have wrote about it from his words

there were homosexuals then and now and always, its just what it is

noone can convert anyone to being gay, its so ridiculous

Point to ponder, MurderCityDevil - there is not one word mentioned about "cats" yet they are here on earth. Does that mean just because they aren't mentioned in the Bible, then they really don't exist?

The word "homosexual" wasn't even a word back in the day when the Bible was written. But that doesn't mean God didn't address it, and other sins. The word "hooker" isn't in the Bible either, yet they are in society, and yes, that is also considered a 'sin'.

I take it that you subscribe to that group that has twisted the story of Sodom and Gomorrah to mean something other than sexual immorality?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I would suggest a feminine avatar...

hilarious

why does it have to be feminine cause shes a girl?

sorry it sounded funny

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And showbiz, I have answered you - I have given you *my* proof - but I can't make you accept it nor believe it - so I've done my part in answering your questions.

It's up to you if you want to research to validate, or invalidate - my answers or not.

That's always an out for Christianity.

"Validate" is the ultimate check mate for a Xtian.

How can one validate the 'evils of being gay" when 'evil' is not even an observable variable? It's a subjective term. How can anyone argue or debate perception?

And how can one 'verify' God? Anyone who asks or expects others to is in a protected world of perfect plausible denial. You have to first prove that your "God" exists in the first place. It's 2010, Billions of shcholars, Theologians, ministers, believers, writers, researchers, books, DVDs, tapes, films, movies LATER...and God has yet to be proven outside of the 'believers' mind.

What perfect rhetoric. Religion seems to be most disingenuous form of debate ever pondered by man...All the perfect outs and loopholes.

"Show proof"...proof is my Faith

"Why do you have faith"...because I believe

"What's the reason for your belief"? ....I read the word of God

"Who is God...can you prove he's there?"...no...I believe

"But why"...because I heard and have faith in unseen things

"WHat does that have to do with gays being evil"??...because God told me so through his book

"Prove God then" ....don't need to...I have faith

"God" is the ultimate trump card.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Showbiz

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all of my answers come straight out of the Bible - if *you* need more proof than that, then I can't help you.

I am guessing you haven't even read the Bible - so how do you know what it even says, much less if you don't want to "believe" in it - or are you simply going on what others have "told" you about it?

All of your answers? What answers? You have not referenced the bible once. Nor have you answered any of the questions I have posed.

Your guess is also incorrect. I have read the Bible. I grew up Catholic. Studied the Bible in private school as a child, and minored in Biblical Studies in college.

The only truth is, despite what beliefs *you* may have, the Bible was written by man. It was also edited, altered, and interpreted by man. I believe that parts of the Bible have application to our lives. I also feel that Christians use the Bible conveniently to support ideas, such as homophobia.

reply to post by Showbiz

So if the topic stays closer to the whys and not the whos - it might go smoother.

Actually, it might go smoother if you did what you say you do. Answer questions and reference your Bible, instead of continually posting replies that are unfounded, unsupported, and just your ignorant, small town opinions.

I'm done with this now. Peace out. I am going to get to work on joining the Gay Agenda.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

And if that is the case, then Christians who castigate, "hate" and generally want to reign on other people's parades are in for something of a shock when they have the one on one with the big guy. At very least they're going to get the "that was my job, not yours" rebuke, and depending on how un-christ like (turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin, love your fellow man, forgiveness.. etc) they've been it could get a whole lot worse.
While it is questionable how much this needed to be said. It is
still very well said. I applaud.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I always thought the key basis of Christianity was to live your life according to the teachings of Christ, not to judge others and instead let the big man upstairs sort them out when the time arrives that they go and see him.

And if that is the case, then Christians who castigate, "hate" and generally want to reign on other people's parades are in for something of a shock when they have the one on one with the big guy. At very least they're going to get the "that was my job, not yours" rebuke, and depending on how un-christ like (turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin, love your fellow man, forgiveness.. etc) they've been it could get a whole lot worse.

I mean, I may be wrong, but non-acceptance isn't Christian, is it?

It is gods place to judge and no-one elses - isn't it?

Look back a few posts - there is a Bible verse that says to 'judge righteously' but we are to do it in a Godly manner - i.e. no name calling, ridiculing, etc.

But people do tend to pull that one "thou shalt not judge" verse out for the sake of debate.

Sorta like the topic of 'separation of church and state' - nowhere in the Constitution will you find that phrase. But like a lot of things, people will hear one person say something, and assume they know what they are talking about.

And they tell a friend, who tells a friend, and so forth......

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I take it that you subscribe to that group that has twisted the story of Sodom and Gomorrah to mean something other than sexual immorality?

you mean sodom and gommorrah was only about sex?

wow that is awesome, all cause of sex? wow

so there was no murder? crime? hate? cheaters? evil?

all sex?

well did that only include homosexual sex? or straight sex too, like adultery and rape and premarital sex?

i

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
How is the 'gay agenda' is distracting when the only time I have ever thought about it, is when some idiot posts about a 'gay agenda' ?

Seriously!

I understand your God is a homophobic pervert that watches people having sex .. but what do you care ?

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged”- Matthew 7:1

I hope you all burn in imaginary hell.

That's the funny thing. I only comment on these threads when they come up, because I'm so incensed by the Dogma garbage that always seems to follow. If not for threads like this, I thing about "gheys" maybe twice a year.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I always thought the key basis of Christianity was to live your life according to the teachings of Christ, not to judge others and instead let the big man upstairs sort them out when the time arrives that they go and see him.

I mean, I may be wrong, but non-acceptance isn't Christian, is it?

It is gods place to judge and no-one elses - isn't it?

I am a sinner.

But the difference is, I don't expect my sin to be viewed as anything other than exactly what it is, a sin. The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, and YOU guys are the ones identifying yourselves as homosexuals---or proponents of homosexuality--NOT ME, so I'd say you've pretty much judged yourself.

When the adulteress was brought to Jesus, He did say let him without sin cast the first stone. Then he told the sinner to go and sin no more.

Maybe you were short on time and couldn't get it all in one post.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I would suggest a feminine avatar... If you need any help setting one up, just let me know via u2u...
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

That would be a good idea. thank you Jaxon. please nomo I might forget and have to suffer all over again.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Ok, let me try to make this understandable - if *you* are wanting "proof" so doggone badly, then it is up to *you* to research and satisfy "yourself" that there is either proof, or there is not.

All I can do is to use the Bible as a reference, as it is full of prophecies which every single one has been fulfilled thus far - with plenty more to come.

There are websites galore that have the fulfilled prophecies listed out so that people can see which ones have been fulfilled so far. But I'm not going to spend *my* time doing *your* leg work so that *you* can have "proof" or "no proof". I hate pantyhose and do not wear them - therefore a secretary I am not.

HERE I'll be nice and get you started ...........

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Hmmm, I seem to remember a show on TV about Sodom and Gomorrah. Archeologists found both cities, and they were very similar to Pompei... Encased in ash from a volcanic eruption... Could it be that the two cities were just built too damn close to a volcano and the Biblical version is just a made up story???
Or where the inhabitants of Pompei and Herculanium evil sodomites as well???

Two things that have no place in a religious debate (from the pro-religious): Logic and Reason...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

When the adulteress was brought to Jesus, He did say let him without sin cast the first stone. Then he told the sinner to go and sin no more.

Sad thing is, that little moral goes right over your head, doesn't it. Think about what Jesus could have been implying, in a broader sense. Then look back at your posts and see how many stones you've thrown in judgment.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I am a sinner.

The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, and YOU guys are the ones identifying yourselves as homosexuals, NOT ME, so I'd say you've pretty much judged yourself.

WTH? I personally don't remember identifying as homosexual....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Two things that have no place in a religious debate (from the pro-religious): Logic and Reason...

Whew for a second I thought you were gonna start describing some of the positions they were found in. (stupid me )

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

you mean sodom and gommorrah was only about sex?

wow that is awesome, all cause of sex? wow

so there was no murder? crime? hate? cheaters? evil?

all sex?

well did that only include homosexual sex? or straight sex too, like adultery and rape and premarital sex?

i

If I'm not mistaken, it included a lit'l bit of all of those - you can find out for yourself exactly which ones were committed, if you read that part in the Bible.

I wasn't implying that the entire sin was 'sexual' - but that was one of the sins - and yes, there are quite a few people out there that have attempted to twist that entire story TO exclude homosexuality as being one of the reasons God destroyed the cities.

The Biblical word(s) for 'sexual' behavior is "know" - and as the story tells us, the evil men ordered Lot to send out his sons, and any other males, so they could "know" them - and Lot begged them to let him send out his daughters to them, saying they had not "known" men yet - but they made it clear that they wanted the males.

Twist it how you want but it won't change what is written.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Sad thing is, that little moral goes right over your head, doesn't it. Think about what Jesus could have been implying, in a broader sense. Then look back at your posts and see how many stones you've thrown in judgment.

In the Bible scene, you'll recall that everyone walked away without throwing stones. There was no one without sin. You just take the Bible thing too far. As Christians we recognize what is sin and what is not, true. But you see we aren't lobbying for sin to be made acceptable and righteous, even fashionable for that matter. There is no way you can put one of your hotheaded little kneejerk propagandist BS lines on that. But you can TRY. And I have every confidence you will.

Next.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

then this thread is closed, we just solved the gay agenda

they want to have sex with men and not women

CASE CLOSED.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THREAD FROM FURTHER POSTS.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

I am a sinner.

The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, and YOU guys are the ones identifying yourselves as homosexuals, NOT ME, so I'd say you've pretty much judged yourself.

WTH? I personally don't remember identifying as homosexual....

Oh excuse me. I can fix that.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
LOL @ all the people trying to argument for/against something by quoting the bible. A book that was written by MAN, and that talks about what an invisible guy thinks. And what's even better, there is NO PROOF for that man.

Humor me: There's hundreds of different religions, and every single one claims they're right. If we accept the fact that one is "right", all the others have to be wrong. That means billions of people are following a fairy tale.

Now that's assuming there is a right religion at all...no one can prove anything. So technically, everyone might just follow a giant fairy tale.

As long as you don't show me proof that your religion iis the correct one, and that it's worth following it (because evidently if Islam were the right one, a lot of you guys wouldn't consider it worth persueing)...don't try to justify a viewpoint by quoting the bible or using religion as an argument.

I'm NOT against religion!! If it makes YOU happy to follow the teachings of a certain religion (personally I like a lot of things about Buddhism), then by all means. It's your right to be happy. At the same time, you DON'T have the right to tell others how to live by using a SUBJECTIVE argument that can't stand any scientific scrutiny.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join