It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay Agenda -- You Can't Be Serious?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

The chemicals sound more like to me that they may make men sterile.. Yuck! If gays are simple to figure out as just lacking testosterone why haven't psychiatrists in the past, scientists, or ex-gay ministries today figured it out and ordered up some testosterone therapy for their patients? It is available.

Not all gays are feminine either. That is just television.

Find me a study describing how gay men have lower testosterone. I still need statistics on the gay boom going on.

It's *SLIGHTLY* more complicated than that...

As in to say, it is the effect of testosterone (or lack thereof) on the developing fetus that imparts the changes in physiology.

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex
Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy, says Ivanka Savic, who conducted the study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.

www.newscientist.com...

The reason that it hasn't been "Cured" or "Treated", as you put it, is because the changes are Developmental, as opposed to caused by ongoing chemical imbalances.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I dont know why gay people( most of them) are all rich! I think they are open minded...well not just the mind
( joke) I like more the gay people than the religous ones. Most of them are freindly and inteligent and i dont see nothing more negative with them than others.
The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive....naahh foget that one

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
Albert Einstein

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Gloster]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well, gay themes are appearing more in movies and television shows, so I guess in that sense there is an agenda, but there is also a Christian agenda to oppose gay marriage. Sounds like divide and conquer/control two sides of the war.

How about I won't interfere with what you do if you don't interfere with what I do?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster

I dont know why gay people( most of them) are all rich!

There is a reason for this. (we're not all rich btw, I'm certainly not
(yet
this time next year ect... ) The main reason is this, gay men, as a "norm" do not have families to support. We have more disposable income. What I earn, i get to keep, after I've paid my bills. I'm quite happy with this, one of the upsides to being a bender IMO

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
Well, gay themes are appearing more in movies and television shows, so I guess in that sense there is an agenda, but there is also a Christian agenda to oppose gay marriage. Sounds like divide and conquer/control two sides of the war.

How about I won't interfere with what you do if you don't interfere with what I do?

I don't think that there's an agenda in films to make gays more the norm or anything. I just think that they're running with current trends, and trying to represent the social norm. IE- there are gay people in real life, so why not in films? I've certainly not noticed an overly gay theme in cinima. Sure, there are more gay themed films around these days, but that's because being gay is becoming more acceptalbe (and not before time) it just accuratly reflects life.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Live at let live my friend. Its shoud not matter in this world about what we do or who we do it with. The only things that should matter are how we treat each other, how we support those less fortunate, to work to not have toxic thoughts, to not judge, to be compassionate, to be loving, to respect nature and the earth, to live in peace.

Live life in joy and bring joy to others.

I think thats what religion is meant to offer....but unfortunatley ...in my experience seldom does...

Anyway.. Just fight fire with fire. Remeber that the bible also states ist OK to kill your wife for having an affair, or that both man and woman should be stoned to death if they have sex at the time of the month. So....Any one with a brain can rip the bible to shreads.

And if some people who misunderstand religion and life as a whole try to rip you just say:

"He who is without sin cast the first stone"
"Judge not lest ye be judged"
"Jesus loves and forgives all sinners"

and....everything that has ever or will ever exist has already been created and agreed by god.....including the concept of male on male love.

Therefore "Do not question the ways of the lord , becuase they are many"

Christians, Jews, Muslims...just get on with practicing your faith. Thats all....thats all you have to do....not judge, don't worry about what other people are doing, not worrying about Sins that you don't understand. Just simply be...!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
"Here, have a condom!" (this indirectly suggests it's normal for 14-year-olds to have sex, as long as they're protected).

My partner works in this particular field. Condoms aren't offered to 14-year-olds to encourage them.

You know as well as I do that teenagers do whatever they want to do regardless of what they are told in or out of school. Teenagers by their very nature are rebellious.

They are given condoms so that when they inevitably DO choose to go against our best advice, they are less likely to impregnate and less likely to contract sexually transmitted diseases.

[edit on 25/2/10 by thebox]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

That is an interesting view.

Personally, I have the feeling that a large number of 'homosexuals' might just be pop-cultural conformists riding the latest trend: "hey, everyone else is doing it , why not?" Like the LUGS( Lesbians Until Graduation) back in college.

Not as far fetched as one might think, pop culture has more influence and sway over society than can be imagined.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

S&F, nicely put OP.

I'm a straight male myself, however my whole life I've never had a problem with gays. I have had gay friends, and I have a half brother & cousin who are gay.

The only things I wish to say about the subject of homosexuality are the following:

• PDA
- not just with gays but also heterosexuals, however I will admit gay PDA does bother me a bit more because it's something that makes me feel uncomfortable personally

• The inability for homosexuals to reproduce
This is something that has always bothered me, not to the point to bash gays, but it bothers me because we, as the human species are here to reproduce. Now you can tell me all you want that there is an over population of the human species and less reproducing wouldn't be a bad thing, but that isn't the point. We are all hard wired to reproduce, however I guess since science is still working on figuring things out with gays (aka the 'gay gene') maybe homosexuals are not hard wired exactly the same when it comes to reproducing

I do want to ask a question to all of you who are homosexuals. Do you ever wish you could reproduce (I'm being general with this question because I'd like to see some open responses to this question)? I know and understand that you can use your sperm to conceive with a woman still, but that isn't exactly what I'm talking about here, so try and answer my question and leave that out of the picture.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrael

I'll tell you right now, I am VERY JEALOUS of Lesbians. I wish I was one half the time.

The other half the time I wish a were a BIRD!

hmmm...a lesbian bird...awesome

Ok OP it's my turn now to tell you what I think.

I was raised Catholic. Strict and I will tell you honestly I used to hate you. I never knew why, I just was programmed that way. So anyway I met a friend named Keith. Black kid and my god did we get along famously! Anyway we hung out through the high school years and things were hunky dorey until one day he announces to me that he is gay. I told him I couldn't accept that. He responded that the day I learn tolerance we can hang out again. I was confused and lost until one day I thought about it deeply. What was it that bothered me?

It was fear and ignorance of the unknown. I had stupid thoughts like 'what if he hits on me?' or 'what if he asks me out?'

Then like a poop storm it hits me...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

It is no different then a girl who hits on me that I am not interested in. Then I called him and told him I could care less what he is. I apologized profusely and we went out shopping of all things. Guy taught me how to dress well!

Since then I have turned pagan then practicing Wiccan and I have met with persecution of my own and I realized how hellish I must have been in the old days telling gays they were bad.

So here is my question...

Can you forgive me of my past stupidity? Because I tell you now that I adore the gay culture, the straight culture...hell any culture

Can you forgive me?

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I do want to ask a question to all of you who are homosexuals. Do you ever wish you could reproduce? I know and understand that you can use your sperm to conceive with a woman still, but that isn't exactly what I'm talking about here, so try and answer my question and leave that out of the picture.
NO!

To put it quite frankly. I have no desire what so ever to ever become a father. My sister has 2 boys, and i love them both dearly. But I can give them abck after looking after them for a few hours, and that suits me down to the ground!

I'd probably make a good father, once I grow up (yes, I'm 32 and I haven't grown up
) But it's not going to happen, so i don;t have to worry

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Here I am....a hetero and I agree completely...NO interest in children...shudder

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I just want to say that most of us that disagree with homosexuality in all its forms is not concerned with an agenda. We are concerned by the fact that homosexuality is deviant behavior that undermines society. Just to be clear I do not think homosexuals are bad people, or that they should be arrested, I just feel they are misguided or troubled.

Anyways, I believe that it is dangerous to a society in much the same way swinging, cheating on ones spouse, having sex with multiple partners, excessive drinking, and yes pot are damaging. These things have a tendancy to cloud peoples mind, especially childrens.

Deviant behavour in the presance of children skews reality for them. I am sure that you are loving parent that provides extremly well for your children, but are you certain that they are not confused by your lifestyle, or maybe even a little ashamed of it.

Our society has come a place where we not only pursue happiness, but we pursue whatever feels good at the time. People in this country have shown that they believe that they should be able to do anything they want whether it is right or wrong, and when they are told they are wrong they get defensive, and say you can't tell me what to do. For those of you out there that feel this way, we don't want to have to tell you this, but it is like watching a small child try and cross a busy street. We know what you are doing is damaging even if you don't.

As far as how homosexuality and these other behavours have effected me, it is disease spreading, it has taken some of my rights, ie: I have the right not hear or see you be have in a way that literaly makes me sick to my stomach, I am now supposed to be tolerant to an act and the people that perform an act of depravity.

Basiclly, I am tired of being asked to accept something that is unacceptable, by people that are unwilling to accept my beliefs. Just because I think what you are doing is wrong and should not be allowed, does not mean that I dislike you as a person, I just want you to keep it out of sight. You, on the other hand, are not accepting of my beliefs. The homosexual community has been attempting to force all Americans to change their way of thinking for years. You want us to change our beliefs, laws, and morals when you are not flexible with yours.

Your desire to practice homosexuality can be just as oppresive to the rest of us that think it is wrong, as the Catholic church was during the middle ages. Your beliefs are no better than mine. I will not have mine trodden.

FYI: The gay population of the United States represents less than ten percent of the population. (Why Should we accept you)

Homosexuality, especially homosexuality has been proven to spread more disease. That is why blood donation centers will not take blood from a homosexual.

Homosexuals typically are with more partners than straight people.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

EXACTLY how does it undermine society? Where is the proof? Please enlighten me to how it makes your life any different that Adam and John made out

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm not gay but I completely support Gay/ Lesbian rights. Every person should have rights to practice their own sexual preference at consent age. It's no business of any outsider to dictate their terms. They should and be allowed to marry and freely live their lifestyle.

S&F OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I thought the homosexual agenda involved overly thin women in outrageous couture.

Many of my friends are gay, it never bothered me as I don't have sex with them. It shouldn't bother anyone. There's not some plague of gays either. I think the rate is 1.5 percent of the population in this country is gay. It's just people scapegoating.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Great post! Thanks for sharing-- I had no idea people thought homosexuality could lead to bestiality and pedophilia. That's just ridiculous. Obviously two adult humans engaging in that lifestyle is much different. Considering they can converse about it, and decide mutually.

Personally, I haven't had any negative experiences being gay. I've had great friends and family who support, accept, and understand me. These are people who knew me before I said I was 'gay'. They told me they NEVER would have guessed. I just wanted to be myself, without worrying that people could find out, or that I wouldn't be accepted.

One thing I hear too often is that homosexuality is a choice. I had as much say in choosing my sexual preference, as you did in yours. I didn't 'decide' to be gay, why would I? If anything, I wished to be straight when I was younger.

I would never bash anyone for their beliefs, or their preferences, or anything in between. I don't think it's fair to push any type of belief on someone. I don't agree with churches for that reason. It sets a divide between humanity. As do gay pride parades and things like that. I've never heard of a STRAIGHT pride parade where straight people have an excuse to dress indecently, and dance through the street.

I understand wanting to meet like-minded people. We joined ATS for the same reasons! So we can meet people on the same page as us. But do we /really/ have to make a whole damn parade out of it?!

People who don't accept homosexuality make it very hard for young struggling teens to be open about it. We shouldn't have to hide who we are, and we don't have to flaunt it.

I think it's just like being straight -- with most people it's implied that they are -- you don't have to say "Hi, I'm Tyler and I'm straight/gay"
It is what it is, and we're all of the human race. There should be no judgment of any type! Let's hope one day we will be a united race.

Peace & Love!

Edit to add: Anything negative you hear about one gay person, does not set the standard for all of us. Just as a straight person who commits a crime doesn't set any type of stereotype. But you take a member of a minority and trace them to a crime, suddenly that whole race or religion has a bad rap! It's only fair to get to know someone before you judge them on any type difference they may have.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by tru_blu_dude]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am not going to get into a mud slinging contest with people. However, I will say that if you do not believe that your actions affect other people, society in general, and the basic level of morality of our society, then you have a level of ignorance that I find hard to believe frankly. People that break the law and do things that are unaccepted by society as a whole need to understand that it is not right.

Most laws are not enforced by the government, but by the people around them. You do not see nudist walking around the street very often, not because it is illegal, but because the people around them put pressure on them not to do so.

This is the way in which it is underming society. People are seem to be feeling that whatever they want to do is okay. Hell, if I wanna walk around the streets naked I should be able too, it don't effect you. If you don't like it don't look. I don't know many people that would agree with that for the simple reason that school busses drive down the street and the children may see.

I feel homosexuality is the same. Children should be protected from these people.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

lol.

Children should be protected from "these people" shut up
Children should be protected against ignorance like this. You do them way more harm than good with views filled with vitoral and hate.

I.G.N.O.R.A.N.T

I do hate homophobes, but ones who try to justify it with BS like that, I kind of find funny. You're funny.

[edit on 25/2/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 1 Cor. 6:9

There is no getting around it, if you are a Christian and believe the Bible to be God's Word to his children you also believe that what He say's is for our good. That being said how can we call it hate when its our creator that warns us of this lifestyle. There is a reason for why God says what He does...so to go on living remaining silent would be hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join