It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Yeah, seems like you're refreshing the page an awful lot... just to respond and get a good laugh. Have fun.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Look out your window. Who is that sitting in that unmarked car across the street from your house?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok, just to address the idea of someone coming to ATS with "secret" information aspect of the conversation ...

ATS is a social discussion forum with a focus on conspiratorial and alternative topics, it isn't a whistleblower site per se. It isn't for example wikileaks or cryptome where great lengths are gone to by site management, including defending an endless stream of of lawsuits, to protect their sources. We have some incredible members here, with a high degree of intelligence, from all parts of the world, and with all sorts of personal expertise, who are able to think outside the box, and yes every once in a while come up with a valid theory from existing information available on other sites connecting dots which might otherwise seem unrelated.

But for the most part we're neither investigative journalists nor are any of us privy to sensitive information. And those who are, would know better than to reveal it here ... rather, should they be so inclined, would reveal it through a vehicle that is able to much more effectively guarantee their anonymity and perhaps discuss it on ATS as a disconnected third party. So this idea that someone who somehow is in possession of one or more "smoking guns" would reveal it here is rather unrealistic.

This is not to diminish the validity of ATS in any way ... "smoking guns" are few and far between in this world of ours, instead truths are gleaned by connecting above mentioned seemingly small facts and events of low significance so that a bigger picture may emerge. Conspiracies are more often than not considered if not uncovered in this fashion rather than by big revelations by one guy here or there. Ufology is a perfect example of this, whereas some hope and pray for "disclosure" most serious researchers go about their business piecing facts and theories together rather that sit back and hope someone will disclose something.

So such revelations as the OP's, whilst entertaining on an anecdotal level, don't (or at least shouldn't) really change anything about how we contribute here. At least, that's the way I see it.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Just called some Old Buddies. YUP! I guess it goes to show ya,,,,,,
There are a lot of us Old Fed LEO's out there.

Thank You rcwj1975
Thank You and the other LEO's out there for keeping us safe.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I know this all too well but I felt that it was my duty to point out all possible angles regarding the nefarious institutions that blight our society. Just kidding again, I am laughing my butt off...

link   

Originally posted by KANE OG

Yeah, seems like you're refreshing the page an awful lot... just to respond and get a good laugh. Have fun.

Oh I shouldn't participate in my own thread now because your somehow offended by it or the laughs I get from some members who I like? I mean cmon man...if your going to whine, make it worth our time.

link   
Good stuff. I always knew the Feds were members on ATS. I have a binder full of my site's printed stats showing many high level govt visits. And to those people I say; Come on in anytime you like!

And as for ATS, I personally enjoy the idea that people in govt come to this place - shows that they're open minded and reasonable people.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KANE OG

I hope he contiues to have fun for many more years to come, as far as laughing,,,,,,,,,, I AM!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So such revelations as the OP's, whilst entertaining on an anecdotal level, don't (or at least shouldn't) really change anything about how we contribute here. At least, that's the way I see it.

I agree 100%. People need to get out of that box and stop the damn worrying. Yeah our government is dirty...they do stuid stuff...etc...but please, can we name anyone who has had their door kicked in for being on ATS? Until I see a thread or threads stating that members from ATS are being targeted, gone missing, flaoting in the river, etc....its NOTHING more than paranoia...sorry, but it is....IMO of course.

EDIT TO ADD: Damn, jackflap, this response totally gave your theory more merit didn't it...

[edit on 2/24/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I haven't looked through the whole topic but I can say I'm shocked by the way most ATS members are responding. People here are acting like it's no big deal but think about it- we're accepting this. We've become conditioned to become accepting a little sacrifice of our liberties for our security and now it's gotten to the point where even ATS members are fine with this, like it's no big deal.

I'm ashamed of ATS right now this very moment. People here should know better. It's not about paranoia. It's about liberty and being able to say what you want without being watched. It's freedom which is what I'm concerned about.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Oh I shouldn't participate in my own thread now because your somehow offended by it or the laughs I get from some members who I like? I mean cmon man...if your going to whine, make it worth our time.

Participate all you like!

#1 I'm not offended.

#2 I really don't know the members you like and don't care to.

#3 I'm not whining, but you seem to be headed in that direction.

#4 I really don't give a rat's ass if it's worth your time or not. (oh, forgot, you were speaking for everybody).

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
[edit on 24 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Participate all you like!

#1 I'm not offended.

#2 I really don't know the members you like and don't care to.

#3 I'm not whining, but you seem to be headed in that direction.

#4 I really don't give a rat's ass if it's worth your time or not. (oh, forgot, you were speaking for everybody).

Then why post your original comment?????? I mean....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
that's a weird coincidence.

that is all.

link   

It's not paranoia when you have the government monitoring you. In dictatorial/fascist regimes the government has always monitored dissidents and looked to see what they're saying, and, their level of anti-government feelings.

This is no different than just the same technique that dictatorial/fascist regimes have used in the past only now so they can do it so much more easily because with the web they can see everyone. They're able to see what we say and see what we write. It's not about paranoia. It's about freedom.

link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

True, but you don't take into account one thing: desperation. Say someone with real inside information is in trouble or for some reason fears that harm is about to come to them. They want to reveal information quickly and easily on a platform with the highest potential of somebody seeing it before their anticipated real or imagined demise. Where would they go to share this information? ATS. They would go to a forum full of people who have the highest potential of taking whatever they have to say at least mildly seriously. Also, how do you account for the high-profile people who have come here sharing information? That's part of the draw for me. You never know just who is going to show up. I think that this site is important because it provides a place where almost any conspiratorial, off-the-wall topic can be brought and at least contemplated and discussed whether it's believed or not. That's JMO. The free world needs ATS.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Never allow them to go floating off!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great post! I believe what your saying is true and no hard feelings. I'm sure you are going the best you can under the circumstances and I do know there are a lot of good people out there in your profession.

I am curious if you made any effort to find out what he might know about some of the varied topics on ATS such as the rumors of martial law, returning to the gold standard, fema cattle cars, missing persons, underground bases, etc.. What he thinks of the "Patriot Act", "9/11", etc.?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nethawk

It's not about them being open minded people. They're not doing this for fun and games. What do you think their job is? To monitor web forums on the internet for kicks? They're doing it for SURVEILLANCE! They're COINTELPRO AGENTS. Come on people, WAKE UP! It's not a game. It's SERIOUS!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

why on earth an FBI agent suddenly starts speaking about ATS with a person who he has met just a moments ago? weird & bit creepy...

No offense to OP, but I think something has been omitted that led to such a question. As someone with a previous career in law enforcement myself, it is completely off the wall that the FBI would just throw that out there.

I think it is perfectly plausible. We have certain buzz words here that might be used.

As a matter of fact, one day I had a customer and we were discussing some delicate conspiratorial issues. I did not know the guy, the conversation just led to it. When parting he shook my hand and look straight into my eyes and said "Deny Ignorance." (I had never even heard of ATS nor been here at the time this happened.) I probably answered something like, "yeah, I guess." He held onto my hand and said it again ..."Deny Ignorance". I guess I just gave him a blank stare. So, here I am, two years later, remembering the conversation and finally figuring out what he meant!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Alethea]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join