It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Don't discount the FBI's official involvement with sites such as this. Hal Turner recently got busted and was surprised because he admitted that he'd been working with the FBI inciting people to come out of the woodwork. The FBI admitted that Turner had been a good resource for them in that work.

FBI Operative Hal Turner Arrested

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by raivo

why on earth an FBI agent suddenly starts speaking about ATS with a person who he has met just a moments ago? weird & bit creepy...

No offense to OP, but I think something has been omitted that led to such a question. As someone with a previous career in law enforcement myself, it is completely off the wall that the FBI would just throw that out there. Not being here long enough to be familiar with OP's posting history, I'm skeptical that this went down exactly as he says.

Frankly, if it would have happened to me, I would wonder if I hadn't been targeted for the question in some kind of FBI "fishing expedition." I just think the odds of running into the FBI and having them ask you about ATS when you are coincidentally a member is odd. I don't know any other law enforcement people who are members here. I could be wrong . . . maybe some info has been left out that might clarify.

Maybe the OP is really the FBI just "fishin."

Maybe not.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Before I read the replies to your OP I just hope the Feds watch this documentary on the CIA drug ops -- "Secret Heartbeat of America" by Daniel Hopsicker. I personally confronted Vice President Al Gore with the comment "Everyone knows the CIA controls the drug trade" back in 2000.

video.google.ca...#

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
Am I the only one that feels OP shouldn't have shared where and what the agent was doing there?

Perhaps the agent felt free to talk since OP is also in law enforcement bussiness, but if this happened to be some sort of covert operation and the 'scumbag' he mentioned happens to read this, then that guy's cover is blown specially if he saw a cop talking to this guy for 15 minutes.

Well you missed the part about ME having already arrested the SUBJECT before, knowing his criminal history, etc...I am not worried about the turd who is not allowed to even OWN a computer (parole rules), and this was nothing covert...when "covert" actions are taken, local cops are told to stay AWAY from certain areas for a bit of time....and why he pulled his car where he did was told to me, but THAT doesn't need to be shared, but trust me, its nothing worth worrying about.

Oh and the subjects house we did talk about was another mile up the road. That and if he did see us talking he would of recognized me....so nothing spectacular would of happened.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

He was probably casing YOU, not some scumbag that would be so obvious. Since when does the a FBI care about arresting real bad guys? They have been busier arresting Innocent citizens, playing cop overseas or arresting other good officers of the law more than anything. Did you forget they are the ones who stopped anyone from looking into 9/11 or the threats before it?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Interesting way to think about it. But if someone had that secretive of information...I doubt that ATS is the first place they are going to think of sharing it with.

reply to post by NightGypsy

Or it could be that Mr. FBI agent was running rcwj's information at the same time rcwj was running his. Maybe rcwj has an FBI profile with a little footnote "ATS Member"

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Or it could be that Mr. FBI agent was running rcwj's information at the same time rcwj was running his. Maybe rcwj has an FBI profile with a little footnote "ATS Member"

HAHA..that actually made me laugh. He didn't have a computer in his car but he DID have a blackberry...hmmmm...

I guess I should of played dumb and told him i never heard of this website and seen what direction the conversation went in....hmmm...dang it, oh well!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Over the Edge.
J/K. I think that if any alphabet agency was concerned with a whistle blower, they would be pleased to have the news broken here. Think how easy they would be to discredit a true whistle blower by putting their post next to some post about how we are all living in the Matrix or how Hillary Clinton is a reptilitian.

Tell your buddy to go ahead and post with the hope that someone important gets the news and runs with it. In fact, if I had any ground-breaking news, I would post it on several sites, start a viral email, and mail it to several small town news stations all at the same time. No need to kill him or discredit it once the dam is broken.

The reason (IMO) that ATS has the T and C against organizing or soliciting is to stop any kind of organization from forming that would get the attention of DHS or NSA. They don't need the headaches.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I always figured that this site was trawled by alphabet soup agencies. They never know who's going to show up and spill the beans.
I imagine that they all know who every single one of us is. Here's an idea! I think that they should hire us to work with the extraterrestrials (if there are any) or for the search/recovery team since they know that we have a dedicated interest in the subject anyway and are already used to the idea. I would imagine that there are a small number of people who would be ready or willing to work with them until much acclimatization to get used to the idea. It takes time to really wrap your mind around the possibility/probability of life 'out there', that our religions are possibly wrong, and still be okay with it. Hello FBI peeps!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Allright, gotta check out some other thing's, God Bless, and good luck with this, it's been fun, but, I think ya found the super duper king size can of worm's here, and nothing you say will alter differing view's. I'll just back ya one more time... he is who he say's he is, it went down as he desribes, and nothing will come of it, except for about a 200 page thread or more.... Next thing ya know someone will ask you if you use "allegedly" or "green leafy substance" too many time's in a sentence...
Take care brother, and enjoy the next shift change

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
No offense to OP, but I think something has been omitted that led to such a question. As someone with a previous career in law enforcement myself, it is completely off the wall that the FBI would just throw that out there. Not being here long enough to be familiar with OP's posting history, I'm skeptical that this went down exactly as he says.

yes OMG an FBI agent, aka a human being, like the rest of us (well thats open for debate apparently on this site) may have actually asked me a question about a website MILLIONS of people know about and visit daily...OMG!!!!!! Having worked in LE for going on 9 years, and 6 years Army, this really, REALLY isn't that big a deal. Of course as another posted stated, I should expect this here, which I do, but it blows my mind how many people truly live life in a box...

Frankly, if it would have happened to me, I would wonder if I hadn't been targeted for the question in some kind of FBI "fishing expedition." I just think the odds of running into the FBI and having them ask you about ATS when you are coincidentally a member is odd. I don't know any other law enforcement people who are members here. I could be wrong . . . maybe some info has been left out that might clarify.

Odd...totally agree. But he is NOT the first fellow LEO that mentioned this sight. First FED...yes, NOT LEO. Again I got to this sight thanks to a fellow cop...so the fact that anyone finds it shocking as if ATS is a "secret" website only known to its 5 million members...well..I am sure you can fill in the rest.

You don't know of any LEO members? Hell I know 5 ...lol. And NO, nothing left out...as stated in my OP, its nothing to get worked up over, but I knew this would make for interesting all because he is an FBI agent..lol..following up on some cases...geez...

Maybe the OP is really the FBI just "fishin."

Maybe not.

No way, I would have to take a paycut to be FBI...no thanks..plus they gotta wear damn suits to much....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I know for a fact several DoD personnel visit here as well as some other alphabet agency folks. They all say the same thing..."cool".

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

I know for a fact several DoD personnel visit here as well as some other alphabet agency folks. They all say the same thing..."cool".

AGREED

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by loveguy
Hello,

Felony Stop...are you serious...good lord man...slow down...lol. There is a HUGE difference between a suspicious vehicle and a felony stop...HUGE..and how it is handled.

LOL...don't shoot first...PLEASE!

Yeah, I don't like guns anyhow. Not because I got an itchy trigger finger because I don't. I was raised with 'em and just ain't all that impressed by them. And as long as there remains an open grocery market, I won't need to hunt to survive!

I have a large appreciation for public servants. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

There have been some posters here that say they are in law enforcement. There have been some posters here that will not say what their employment consists of, only that it is something governmental. There have been posters that will imply that they have something to do with something that they cannot say.

Yet all of them agree that there is nothing to worry about at all in the least about their, or other similarly employed people who have an interest in the site. Ok. I am that far and I believe I'm on to something.

So, taking the approach of someone who doesn't really think about such things, I would be aware of such participation at this site. Does it have an effect on how I post or what threads I participate in? No, because like they have all agreed there is nothing to be paranoid about.

Now someone who may have something absolutely groundbreaking to offer the site and knows that this site may be frequented by connected individuals or organizations will be inclined to keep it to themselves at this point. Do I see an agenda here? I might, I just might.

So thank the FBI and the other shady organizations for reducing the importance and quality of the site. In a very well orchestrated thread they have innocently told us all that they are watching out for the real whistle blowers. They have planted that seed and yes we are all aware that their is absolutely no where to get the truth out now.

I believe that their is a member who has some very important information that will not be shared now. Or have I gone over the edge? I don't know, you be the judge.

Hell even i think that was a great theory. Wrong...but good thoughts. And only wrong because I am simply an ex-soldier and now a cop. No top secret squirrel stuff going on...simply a 12 hour shift then go home...and hop on here...oh and check ebay to see if I won my auctions...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

that doesn't surprise me-with oath keepers from the beginning and as most people know we are loaded with police and military who are on the side of the people

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Well I appreciate the support and words. I hope the grocery stores stay open a long time my friend.....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i back the FBI and love the police and the president. i will pay back my IRS debt! i'll be good boy!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i take back what i posted last week and last month....honest!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

TOOOOOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join