It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by DagoRed

Your living in a Very Paranoid, Closed Minded Little Space.
If you are the target in my investigation, I'd know every thing about you. You would freely start talking to me, we'd be the best of friends, we'd have the same interests. Hell, I'd send you a Birthday card. But i would have only known you for 2 hours.
Now if you and I just meet, I'm doing my job and your doing your job, we are both in Law Enforcement. We are both suspicious my the nature of our job.
So, a neutral ground was found. For all we know it could have been night time and stars out bright a full moon and a humming in the back ground.\

Now Harvard and MIT graduate and Intelligence,,, Come On,,, your only as good as your info and experience. It's hard to get an MIT dude or gal to make a good cup of coffee with a Harvard Graduate reading the instructions. But then I don't know a lot of you Havard and MIT grads.
I'm sure there are some really smart ones out there.

rcwj1975 what do you think? You know any?
[edit on 26-2-2010 by guohua]

wow. so much bragging and bravado. somehow i get the feeling that you are nowhere near what you claim to be.
mkay lets see...say, i am extremely anti social and befriend only the folks who can play crazy neo classical metal arpeggios or whiz at playing Allan Holdsworth style jazz. your approach? you gots 2 hours to make friends with me.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by marsvolta]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Ah, but some files disappear for no reason. Several of my families have. Where do the files go that did exist and don't anymore? Who has THAT access?

And when you request your files in Canada, I have yet to figure out which paper work you'd have to fill out to get the real file. There's cabinet A, with the usual stuff, and cabinet B that supposedly doesn't exist. Only, it does.

I'm sure the fact that I know about that will go in the second file

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
P.S. I told him some were upset that he wasn't in a blacked out Tahoe/Suburban wearing a suit and sunglasses. He told me that his 2008 Chevy Malibu works fine for him...hahahahaha

That is a horrible car. Poor guy. They should pay him better. Maybe we could take up a pool for him to get a pair of mean sunglasses. To set the mood.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

There would be no approach from me, You would be assigned a person of very similar interest to yours. At my age, I don't have the foggiest idea what that music sounds like, Can I tap my metal foot to the beat?

Arrogant, no. In my younger days, good yes. But you don't have to believe me, I won't lose any sleep over your thoughts of me.
I'm nowhere near being anti social. I'm logged on to ATS and open. I do know why my friends do not become members.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

This will sound really strange,, those unobtainable files are some times destroyed or the records were lost in a move. But Canada,, I don't know anything about, other than that is a Very Beautiful Country. Great People.
What is this A and B file? An educational and work file separated from the personal life and acquaintances file.
Sorry, don't know Canada. Would like to go back some day.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

OK, Called a friend of mine,,, She said "OH #!"

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

There would be no approach from me, You would be assigned a person of very similar interest to yours. At my age, I don't have the foggiest idea what that music sounds like, Can I tap my metal foot to the beat?

Arrogant, no. In my younger days, good yes. But you don't have to believe me, I won't lose any sleep over your thoughts of me.
I'm nowhere near being anti social. I'm logged on to ATS and open. I do know why my friends do not become members.

i responded to that particular post of yours where you claimed it would be you who could befriend anyone in two hours and learn all about them. also i didint call you anti social and you dont have to justify yourself. after all you dont know me.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This is a bit off topic, but it sounds to me like Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani might be a good start - or maybe Al Dimeola?

Back on Topic -
I'd like to agree with you about FBI agents, but unless their recruiting standards have changed, agents are trained as lawyer or accountant types (i.e. degreed in these fields) - although I'll bet there are provisions to recruit experienced LEOs and MI officers as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

great story, thanks for sharing! I kinda figured that people from all walks of life and types of profession would visit here. It doesn't make me paranoid at all, an FBI agent is still a person, he might be coming here just for recreational purposes and to learn things just like i do.

Its very cool tho to meet someone who comes to ATS. One day at work the guy sitting next to me seen a Michio Kaku book on my desk i was reading and told me how that was his favorite person, so we start talking about all kinds of weird stuff and i said to him hey if you like stuff like this you should check out this site, and i gave him a piece of paper with this website written on it and well he was like oh ATS!! who would have ever thought the person working right next to me was an ATS'er too! Its cool cause now we will discuss various topics on the site and send each other links to threads we are reading while at work!

edit for a star and flag

[edit on 27-2-2010 by miss_sky]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I do not mind those FBI agents watching forums, we do too !
There are STO-people everywhere, even there where you don't expect to be. And in the "right" time, they will play the role they were meant to play in that perticular situation and fonction and that is not the way of the Elite. That's I say about that.
Let them know what you think, let them know that you care about other humans, let them feel you really care. But let them know that you know about them, these consequences would amaze you.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta

reply to post by DagoRed

Your living in a Very Paranoid, Closed Minded Little Space.
If you are the target in my investigation, I'd know every thing about you. You would freely start talking to me, we'd be the best of friends, we'd have the same interests. Hell, I'd send you a Birthday card. But i would have only known you for 2 hours.
Now if you and I just meet, I'm doing my job and your doing your job, we are both in Law Enforcement. We are both suspicious my the nature of our job.
So, a neutral ground was found. For all we know it could have been night time and stars out bright a full moon and a humming in the back ground.\

Now Harvard and MIT graduate and Intelligence,,, Come On,,, your only as good as your info and experience. It's hard to get an MIT dude or gal to make a good cup of coffee with a Harvard Graduate reading the instructions. But then I don't know a lot of you Havard and MIT grads.
I'm sure there are some really smart ones out there.

rcwj1975 what do you think? You know any?
[edit on 26-2-2010 by guohua]

wow. so much bragging and bravado. somehow i get the feeling that you are nowhere near what you claim to be.
mkay lets see...say, i am extremely anti social and befriend only the folks who can play crazy neo classical metal arpeggios or whiz at playing Allan Holdsworth style jazz. your approach? you gots 2 hours to make friends with me.

As I said in my original post he has no experience in the field of intelligence gathering. He thinks he could befriend a hard target in 2 hours ? You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Do you really think a Harvard level graduate in an area relevant to this discussion or MIT graduate really can't make coffee ? You are more naive than I originally thought, which was already at an embarrassing level.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Was the FBI in on the JFK assassination?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DagoRed

I will say most MIT and Harvard grads aren't the best street smart people out there. They can answer a quantum physics question, or recite things from a book, but not exactly the best candidates for field agents. Don't know to many Ivy League folks who could fit in on the streets down here where I work. They serve a purpose and it's definitly more managerial then field work....

I know one Ivy League graduate. He simply knows nothing about 1%'s, Hood Rats, Dope Dealers, Thugs, Gangs, Underground Networks, Drugs, Firearms, etc....and all the other crap that goes on under the normal day of citizens. In my experiance, a college degree (like mine) means nothing out here in this line of work.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by DagoRed

I will say most MIT and Harvard grads aren't the best street smart people out there. They can answer a quantum physics question, or recite things from a book, but not exactly the best candidates for field agents. Don't know to many Ivy League folks who could fit in on the streets down here where I work. They serve a purpose and it's definitly more managerial then field work....

I know one Ivy League graduate. He simply knows nothing about 1%'s, Hood Rats, Dope Dealers, Thugs, Gangs, Underground Networks, Drugs, Firearms, etc....and all the other crap that goes on under the normal day of citizens. In my experiance, a college degree (like mine) means nothing out here in this line of work.

Heh. Again you are very wrong. You deal with street level crime which intelligence is not a high criteria for. You said it yourself. Becoming a city cop or a sheriff deputy is not very difficult....

I have this feeling that you seem to think ivy league graduates are something of a book worm who isn't capable of handling a wife beater or a passed out alcoholic on the sidewalk. The problems you face are very minor in comparison to the problems that an intelligence analyst or federal agent has to deal with. You pick up the # around town. Know you're place.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DagoRed
Heh. Again you are very wrong. You deal with street level crime which intelligence is not a high criteria for. You said it yourself. Becoming a city cop or a sheriff deputy is not very difficult....

I have this feeling that you seem to think ivy league graduates are something of a book worm who isn't capable of handling a wife beater or a passed out alcoholic on the sidewalk. The problems you face are very minor in comparison to the problems that an intelligence analyst or federal agent has to deal with. You pick up the # around town. Know you're place.

You DO realize the feds get nothing done WITHOUT local and state help right. Every "intel" meeting I ever attended since in LE consisted of "locals" handing information over to the feds. Yeah the feds have all the cool tools to play with and no jurisdiction, but other then that, they are not any better then your local Sheriff's Deputy who uncovers a 10 million dollar drung ring using CI's and wiretaps. So "intel" at the street level is more important than at the fed level...the way you talk so highly of the educated I would of thought you could see this.

Also, having trained at FLETC, I can tell you first hand there REALLY is no difference in training and the way the job is done. Sure the "feds" have the power to take "high profile" cases, but all in all, it reverts back to us to get it done. Why do you think the feds use local LE to get much of the info they need? It's because WE are the ones getting all the HUMINT first hand. Anyone can sit in an office going through hundreds of computer files, looking over photos, etc....definitly DON'T need a degree for that. The feds ONLY seem to get the reputation they do from Hollywood. They have to go through the same crap we do to get warrantsm make arrests, etc....oh and even us locals have people analyzing emails, photos, letters, etc....gatering intel.

I am have no doubt there are Ivy League folks out there who do a jam up job gathering intel, can handle LE tasks without issues, and would make fine agents or officers. My issue is you make the FBI/Feds out to be superior to their counterparts (i.e. locals) which tells me you have NO idea what your talking about, have no LE experiance at all, OR put yourself on a pedestal because you have a nice degree....which by the way, good for you if you do...and yes I mean that.

As for the problems we face compared to the feds..your right...ours are more complex...
We don't have the luxury of picking the easy high profile assignments...we have to handle any and all issues. There is NOTHING the FBI tasks out that local LEO's couldn't do either if given the same tools and access. Of course if you look at the track record for the feds (overall) they aren't exactly doing a great job. Now of course MUCH of that is their command staff who sucks and is political, which hinders the troops.

"know your place"....haha...yes master!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well I ask him if he is with the agency and he says yes and then hands me his FBI ID card...since badges are simple to copy.

At this time I go run his name and confirm his FBI employment (yes, been around to long to just take his word and even ID as 100% proof in this new fangled computer age of fraud, ID theft, forgery, etc...)

Wait a minute, so all those "safety, protective" measures don't really provide any safety or protection???? Maybe we should start using implanted biochips and naked body scanners!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Wait a minute, so all those "safety, protective" measures don't really provide any safety or protection???? Maybe we should start using implanted biochips and naked body scanners!

As we all know...there isn't ANYTHING we have ever made that wasn't counterfeited. And bottom line, the counterfeits these days are damn good at times....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DagoRed

You DO realize the feds get nothing done WITHOUT local and state help right. Every "intel" meeting I ever attended since in LE consisted of "locals" handing information over to the feds. Yeah the feds have all the cool tools to play with and no jurisdiction, but other then that, they are not any better then your local Sheriff's Deputy who uncovers a 10 million dollar drung ring using CI's and wiretaps. So "intel" at the street level is more important than at the fed level...the way you talk so highly of the educated I would of thought you could see this.

Also, having trained at FLETC, I can tell you first hand there REALLY is no difference in training and the way the job is done. Sure the "feds" have the power to take "high profile" cases, but all in all, it reverts back to us to get it done. Why do you think the feds use local LE to get much of the info they need? It's because WE are the ones getting all the HUMINT first hand. Anyone can sit in an office going through hundreds of computer files, looking over photos, etc....definitly DON'T need a degree for that. The feds ONLY seem to get the reputation they do from Hollywood. They have to go through the same crap we do to get warrantsm make arrests, etc....oh and even us locals have people analyzing emails, photos, letters, etc....gatering intel.

I am have no doubt there are Ivy League folks out there who do a jam up job gathering intel, can handle LE tasks without issues, and would make fine agents or officers. My issue is you make the FBI/Feds out to be superior to their counterparts (i.e. locals) which tells me you have NO idea what your talking about, have no LE experiance at all, OR put yourself on a pedestal because you have a nice degree....which by the way, good for you if you do...and yes I mean that.

As for the problems we face compared to the feds..your right...ours are more complex...
We don't have the luxury of picking the easy high profile assignments...we have to handle any and all issues. There is NOTHING the FBI tasks out that local LEO's couldn't do either if given the same tools and access. Of course if you look at the track record for the feds (overall) they aren't exactly doing a great job. Now of course MUCH of that is their command staff who sucks and is political, which hinders the troops.

"know your place"....haha...yes master!

"There is NOTHING the FBI tasks out that local LEO's couldn't do either if given the same tools and access"

Yea. I'll just leave it at that. That says it all. Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Federal Law Enforcement Officers on ATS...well maybe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by JWH44

---

Before I reply to your post, let me start by introducing myself.

This is my first post although I have watched these forums for a couple years. I will be very open with you all and tell you that I work in a management position with a Federal Law Enforcement Agency. I am very open minded and also feel that there are many dangers facing our country that you all clearly see as well and discuss. I admire the spirit that you all display in your concern for our country's well-being.

That being said, I take great offense with the above-quoted post. Your sweeping generalization of all law enforcement officers as being jack-booted thugs is the kind of rhetoric that only shows how narrow-minded you are. You generalize us all to be power-hungry monsters, yet you disregard the dangers we face and the sacrifices we make to protect those that we serve. Am I saying that there aren't bad apples? Off course not; that would be ignorant on my behalf.

First let me say I do empathize with you good Sir, anger is after all a part of the grief process as well is denial. I imagine that some of the Law Enforcement Officers participating in G-20 ‘Riot Control’ will upon after reviewing their own individual and collective actions require some psychological counseling to better internalize their experiences in a healthy way if such a thing is possible.

I would like to congratulate you all the same though for finally summoning the courage to transform from a lurking observer to a full fledged posting participant even if it is simply out of anger and about yourself and your profession instead of the tragic events that occurred these past couple of days to the good citizens of Pittsburgh and some of their guests.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Destinct possibility!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I haven't looked through the whole topic but I can say I'm shocked by the way most ATS members are responding. People here are acting like it's no big deal but think about it- we're accepting this. We've become conditioned to become accepting a little sacrifice of our liberties for our security and now it's gotten to the point where even ATS members are fine with this, like it's no big deal.

I'm ashamed of ATS right now this very moment. People here should know better. It's not about paranoia. It's about liberty and being able to say what you want without being watched. It's freedom which is what I'm concerned about.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Frankidealist35]

seriously,my freind,if you want to say what you want,without being watched,you should not post it on an internet forum...ever thought about it that way?

as for the OP,great thread! S/F for you

i personaly like the fact that LEOs and other government agencies come to this site for information,it just shows how bright some of the members here realy are

[edit on 28/2/2010 by DigitalDisaster]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join