It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmmm. I'm wondering what his reaction will be when he sees that he is now a new ATS celebrity. Is it possible that he would object to having his private conversation with you revealed on the very website in question? Is it possible that the FBI would not want to be linked to cruising sites like this? Is there a possibility for repercussions for this agent? Not saying you did anything wrong.....just saying..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Im so screwed!!!!

LOL... why?

Read

My soap box: I call

her husband is an FBI agent

Thanks for the heads up.

On side note, I have been meaning to ask. Ill U2U you later with the request.

I was wondering about how to contact them without contacting them. Its nice to know they will probably be reading my post....

LMEAO

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Either you, like most cops, are a proto-reptile being posing as a human and are simply sharing a whimsical story to keep the herd from frightening. Or the FBI agent, pobably also reptile, has been tracking your activities on ATS for quite some time now...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by godless
Hmmm. I'm wondering what his reaction will be when he sees that he is now a new ATS celebrity. Is it possible that he would object to having his private conversation with you revealed on the very website in question? Is it possible that the FBI would not want to be linked to cruising sites like this? Is there a possibility for repercussions for this agent? Not saying you did anything wrong.....just saying..

I thought about that too actually as I wrote this thread. If he does take offense to it...SORRY...but if his intentions were to be using the site to gather intel and use it for pure agency purposes, I don't think the topic would of been discussed. For all I know he simply could be like me. A guy in the world of law enforcement who is entertained by this site and uses it when he can. The context in which the talk went leads me to believe it is not, and would not be an issue. Now if I get a call at work tomorrow then we will know for sure....

Locals and Feds may chat, have a professional bond, and shoot the breeze, but again if ATS was used under strict guidlines for intel, I wouldn't have been asked about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Loved the hello at the end, maybe we should all say hello, and welcome aboard Bureau.....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think they come here to learn. We are the ones who are constantly digging for information about everything!!
Even they do not have all the answers!

Personally, i like the Secret Service. I got a box once with a Tee shirt, hat, badge (make believe) and all kinds of pins and goodies for helping solve a computer hacking case. I was the first woman in the US to catch and see to the aprehension of a couple of teens hacking a system. *files her fingernails*...
I know...i'm so great and special.....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. S&F

alien - very funny story.

...I'm thinkin that law enforcement people are just like mental health professionals, other people and our membership.

...Some have respect and see value - and are willing to put in a bit of time to find the really good stuff.

Others are judgmental, fearful and paranoid - and just can't get past their own personalities. (Their loss.)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Now if I get a call at work tomorrow then we will know for sure....

Your use of the pronoun "we", in the context used, guarantees that the phone call will never take place...

link   
Let me just say this. If you really think the FBI and other agencies just now started visiting a site like this...your WAY behind on the times.

We as LOCAL law enforcement use the internet to help us learn, find stuff, etc...so of course they are here looking.

And yes please wave hi and say hi to them, that way if they are pissed i shared this, all the warm hello's will ease the A@@ chewin I will get in a few days...

link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Thanx for sharing OP. I think this is hillarious despite the lack of bells and whistles. Still a good story. I wish I could see some of the ATS'ers faces after reading your post.

The funniest thing is that if I were profiled, they would find nothing more than me being a nut job with health issues. Others?........well.............??

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Could be that the F.B.I. guy already knew who you were before he "nonchalently" asked about ATS, to judge your reaction?

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I dont know why but i dont think so.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Could be that the F.B.I. guy already knew who you were before he "nonchalently" asked about ATS, to judge your reaction?

Just a thought.

Anything is possible, but again I rolled up on his car, and it could of been anyone of the 35 patrol cars that were out there today. All I know is I thought it was comical he asked about ATS, and I truly think he (as a person) also visits, not just as an agent. Also, lets say he did know and was testing my reaction...I bet he wasn't prepared for me to say, yes and that i am a member...

From his reaction though, I don't think he gives a poop!

Hey memory..the WE is for ATS..lol..unless i misunderstood your point...which is definitly possible...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Argokoo

A dis-info. agent?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dont believe it would be too difficult to fish them out of the members list, other than it would be time consuming considering the quantity of members. Things to seek would be:

* Long term members with little contribution

* Long term members with an obvious sharp friends list.

* Members who have started unusual threads sought for opinions or arguments pertaining to government issues.

*Stand-out posts fishing for information, bleeding other members dry.

Actually, after creating this list, i believe it would be harder than i first thought.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
hmm (Oh yes) very interesting indeed, almost sounds like a script from a movie or TV series
this is getting very interesting xD sorry couldn't help it

I just hope the big brother or rather big goverment wont close this Great web site (Remember freedom of speech? )

And if the FBI people are reading this,

enjoy the site, thanks to this site, my new RTS video game is going to be a blast xD, again thanks ATS for some of the threads.

Oh and ATS members, i think you would enjoy it, sorry if dont any previews, still early.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There's a reason he was in your neck of the woods, with that particular question in mind, for one particular cop...

Nah! He was just hanging out there en route to question a local thug. He wasn't out finding out who in the force is on the other team... no coincidence.... (uoy otno er'yeht)

Just kidding...

Or. Am I?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Always wanted to be an FBI agent, one of many reasons I joined the Army since most FBI agents have served.

I can almost guarantee that many are frequenting this site, it's a great source of information, esspecially for the inteligence community.

If a new forreign weapon is launched, a person from the country will tell us and we are the first to know.

We are generally the first to know about the latest UFO sightings and what-have-you.

Hello FBI! please recruit me! i'm a big fan!
lol

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The F.B.I. I'm not so worried about. They seem cool.

The C.I.A. on the other hand, now THAT would be worrisome.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join