It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Bhagavad Gita

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just thought I'd add a point that could clear a lot of stuff,
Krishna is just a being/entity whose consciousness was equivalent to universal consciousness and hence he was able to identify himself with the universe. In the sense his consciousness was raised much more than ordinary human beings and he was able to identify himself with the universe. Krishna has not claimed himself to be a God, he has only stated that his soul (True Self/Higher Self) is verily Brahman. Brahman is the word used to denote God.
Those pictures you posted Skyfloating are Metaphorical/Allegorical/SYMBOLIC. None of it is literal. Atleast thats how I interpret it and believe its correct.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hi everyone! Nice thread Skyfloating. By any chance is there anything in the bhagavid gita that talks about becoming a god by any chance? I still think that what is unreal stays unreal, and the real will always be quote to be beuatifull. But things do change, one day god will create certain things out of nothing if there's a reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
Krishna has not claimed himself to be a God, he has only stated that his soul (True Self/Higher Self) is verily Brahman. Brahman is the word used to denote God.

Thanks for sharing. I agree.

Originally posted by malakiem
is there anything in the bhagavid gita that talks about becoming a god by any chance?

In the sense of everything being an aspect of God, YES, in the sense of the Ego becoming God, NO.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reasonreply to post by jbmitch

A bluish appearance is due to One having a higher concentration of silver in the bloodline. Silver (nano-silver, colloidal silver) gives one an 'appearance' of having a bluish tint.

Hence, blue-bloods.
Only a tiny fraction of the 'population' is aware of this little fact though there is a good Reason the royal families ate off of 'silver'ware. Silver, by it's very nature breaks up various pathogens/virals in the body and could be beneficial with the flu 'outbreak' (winking with eyes wide shut).

The ancients are well aware of the various 'values' of gold, silver, copper and steel as well as crystals, rubies and diamonds. There are much more minerals in the Earth than most are aware. The prices are held steady, or rather fixed by those who own the inputs and subsequently manipulate the prices of these minerals to 'their' End not yours. Rothschild 'should' know what I say.

Insanity could be defined as: Doing the same thing over an over again while achieving the same results. To be One with your neighbor is to have Won itself. It often adds many years to one's mortal life and many more.....thereafter.....

Careful! for the Spear, throughout history Was for a Reason.

Is it wise to pursue Earthly riches and to attempt to own the 'resources' (inputs) of the world.....when in turn one loses the 'Self'???
It seems as a self fulfilling 'shadow' prophecy of Foolishess.....which in due time Is to See the 'Light' of day.

History books may be written by the victors though the Truth itself can Never be captured in 'print' alone. This 'should' be self-evident to One aware of their 'in-alienable' rights; hence coinage of the phrase itself.

There are many other elements not found 'naturally' on Earth due to Earths unique atmosphere, gravity and electromagnetism etc. Here is a good link for more on valuable 'foreign' elements (click here).

Many assume they 'own' the minerals of the Earth as 'shareholders' though they have been sorely mistaken. In the near future, they Will share these resources and knowledge whether they desire this or not. It Is as it Was and Was as it Is as the laws of nature 'do not change', and neither do the building blocks (elements). The elements of the Earth merely 'change form'. These rare and 'foreign' elements in the link above are often found in meteorites and have been found in ET UFO wrecks. Through the use of man's intellect and a little help from 'above' , man can now manufacture many of these 'foreign' elements in a scientific laboratory.

Hence all that is 'real' is unseen to the naked eye, regardless of which eye is concerned whether it be the eye of a Bee or that of an Eagle. The Truth is 'cosmic' in origin and invisible to the man's 'naked' eye though is acheivable with the "I". "I" is the very precept to 'Your' every action. If it is of genuine symbiosity, one's neighbor stands to benefit from the "I" and the " 'I's have it".....in the One.....End.

Creativity itself is in constant motion, as per divine design and E or energy is in everything down to the weakest Hydrogen bond. Eyes are limited to the 'world', whereas intellect, the subconscious mind and instinct are 'invisible'. Yes, the best things in life 'are' free and one's 'con'-science.....the judge.....as per design; an intelligent One.

I will be 'on a mission' the next few months and will no longer be posting on ATS. Keep up U'r mission to 'deny ignorance', for the world is in dire need of some ATS truth.

Though one 'lives and learns' the latter is Not a given.
History does seem to repeat.
.....though what was will Be.....as it Was.....for a Reason.

Return to Nature, it's of 'divine' nature.
Be as You were designed and the 'rest' will fall in place.
There is a great divide between acting in 'defense' as opposed to acting in 'offense' for the latter is 'debatable' depending on what side of the moat one is On.

Oh, may you move 'magnetically' and may your conscience be your guide and sapience your judge. One may possess the tools of life though it is not a given that one is 'aware' of one's gifts.....often never opened.
Open Sais~O~Me as to You.....And your neighbor.

"Won't you be my neighbor"?
.....could be seen as recently re-coined by Mr. Rogers.....an ex-Marine Sniper.....and was One of 'your' neighbors, though who would have known.....(click here for more).

Peace before dis-Honor.
Defense> (is greater than) Offense.
"Peace Up".

The 'official' Disclosure/Awareness project is in motion and Will not rest until one is One.

P.S.
The term 'alien' is rather misleading; ET more appropriate.
May U discover the warmness, glowing 'feeling' of contentment unto enlightenment.....waiting patiently, to Bee dis-Covered.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I'm sorry to say whatever you said here is utter trash. Mite be certain substances cause the body to appear in different colors but thats not what the blue and green color appearances signify over here.
The blue and green color appearances signify beings/human beings that are much more evolved/advanced than ordinary human beings. It has some thing to do with DNA (i.e) evolution. Those beings are none other than us (i.e) us evolved a zillion times into the future. They are at a much higher level/dimension than ordinary human beings and hence appear so. The appearance has something to do with DNA/evolution/Sun light/higher plane of existence. Nothing medical about it though your explanations mite be true for ordinary/much less evolved human beings.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

I'm sorry to say whatever you said here is utter trash.

You truly "No" Not what you say.
I try to speak as an 'agent' of humanity, as I should.
It's in my benefit as well as my Neighbor's'.
If I have failed at this task, perhaps it's one's 'perception'.

Time will tell.....as always.
The Truth Is.
'Good' day.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Anyone with a negative comment on here about the Gita has obviously not read or understood the interpretation of the book. Please read it and come back with some educated comments. Read it for free at this link: www.yogavidya.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by lisa2012
For those interested in the subject discussed here please also read :

Mircea Eliade " Immortality and Freedom "

Thank you - what is it about?

Short Review

"Drawing on years of study and experience in India, Eliade provides a comprehensive survey of Yoga in theory and practice from its earliest foreshadowings in the Vedas through the twentieth century. The subjects discussed include Patantilde;jali, author of the Yoga-sutras; yogic techniques, such as concentration "on a Single Point," postures, and respiratory discipline; and Yoga in relation to Brahmanism, Buddhism, Tantrism, Oriental alchemy, mystical erotism, and shamanism."

Download :

www.4shared.com...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by lisa2012]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just ordered a copy from amazon going to read it once it arrives. I decided to get it since everyone is saying its a great book. Thanks for the heads up guys.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I'm working on reading it right now. Only through the first two chapters, haven't had the focus for the third yet, but it is quite beautiful. I don't think I actually believe in it, but it's full of good thoughts.

My main purpose in posting here is to head off all the people who claim that the epic poem that the Baghvad Gita is an element in contains nuclear warfare. That's an outright myth. will it come up? Probably not. But if it was going to... don't bother

no the nuclear warfare isn't a myth, it's only if you consider that somehow the present civilization isn't as advanced as those pre-historic times that you believe the modern lies of it being a myth

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

The Bhagavad Gita was a beautiful teaching in its time.

There is now a NEW TEACHING.

Its still just as useful today as it was thousands of years ago. There are 100 000+ people trying to plug their own particular teaching as "The NEW teaching" - but who knows how many come close to the quality of the original.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

It is in the ancient wisdom of the original teachings that there is wisdom...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have the Gita along with other books such as the trancendental pastimes of krsna. Reading them gives me a profound sense of peace, they really are as far as i'm concerned, literally enchanted. Reading them actually cleanses the mind if done regularly. I treasure these books immensely.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Regarding the colour, ive heard it's much more than just chemical components. Ive heard the blue colour represents the colour of the AURA of the entire body when a person attains self realization. The aura apparently has many changes in colour even after achieving self realization, but the final state when that person has totally merged with the supreme concsiousness, his/her aura turns blue. It is to denote coolness or calmness.

The blue colour also means being natural or not being artificial, i.e. accepting who you are as a person, or being as the colour of the sky in the day. The third and most famous reason, as in the reason most commonly known by people in India is because Krishna was extremely and incredibly dark skinned, the blackish blue type. Im sure there are much more reasons for that colour, but far less to do with extra terrestrial and more to do with the energy or aura surrounding the body.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Waftohush]

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Waftohush]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

'
I really dont know, but it sounds interesting. If you're implying that some of these ancients were extraterrestrials, I wouldnt be completely averse or ridiculing to the idea. "

Well I'm pretty much settled on the idea that there were two basic humanoid life forms in the ancient past. One recorded a obviuosly more advanced and depicted as "Gods" and the lower evolved ancestors of present day mankind. What I find interesting about the Hindu version is the skin color tint and the occassional multi-limbed deities that pop up.

what I have been doing is trying to trace back thru time the origins of what I practice now which is classified as Toaist Meditation and the manipulation of Chi energy. It lead me back into Buddahism and the further back into Buddahism you come accross paintings of Blue tinited skin versions of Buddah in the Lotus position which implies to me a Hindu origin.

You seem to come up with some pretty impressive indepth research I was wondering if there was any indication in your research that lends crediance to my question ..did early Buddahism actually start spring from Hindism, and the Vedic texts are the depicting events that are contempory to the Sumerian Culture or possibly predate them?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Waftohush

Its not exactly as you say it is. The blue and green colors do not signify aura or calmness as you think it does. It has something to do with evolution.
There is nothing to say that Krishna as well as Rama are from India, they could have very well been from Egypt or some where else. The epics Ramayana and Mahabharatha are NOT exactly how it happened. We just know that beings like Rama and Krishna have existed and that they were sent by God to carry out specific functions and they left after they carried out the purpose for which they were sent. The incidents of their lives as well as their place of birth is NOT exactly how it is mentioned in the epics and it cannot be known for sure. They are essentially beings/human beings that are much more evolved than ordinary human beings. As we proceed to evolve our DNA structure changes and when that happens our appearances also change along with it. They are Demi Gods i.e beings that are between God and man or half God half man or you could put it, beings that are higher than us but not a God. Rama and Krishna in ancient times were only known as demi Gods, it is only much later that they were elevated to Gods. The births of Rama as well as Krishna and also of the many others were essentially virginal births or births obtained by copulating with entities that are not Human, mythology of most religions is filled with such stuff.
Most of the ancient religious epics are Metaphorical/Allegorical/Symbolic interwoven with each other as well as interwoven with MYTHOLOGY. The mythology was created for entertainment purposes and purely exists for entertainment. The only purpose of humanity is to evolve i.e to trans mutate darkness to become light of the light. I have discussed a few points on spiritual evolution here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good post, I love the Bhagavad Gita.

I know I wrote an essay or two on it, been a while since I have read them.

Thanks for reminding me OP.

Everyone should read it.

On a side note, I have forgotten what story/epic the story of Nagasena and the chariot came from. I wrote a paper on fractals and quoted Nagasena or Milipanda from the scene where the chariot is described as parts of a whole. My memory is not too accurate though to remember more right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Exactly, evolution but spiritually. The aura increases in magnitude and changes in colour through spiritual evolution. Regarding Rama and Krishna, cmon , they are represented as the avatars of Vishnu, who himself is one of the trinity of the supreme god. It just means that supreme concsiousness has taken birth and is using the body like a flute, they are supreme consciousness incarnate or an avatar by that logic. If you accept the Dashavatar, then it's said that each avatar incarnates at the end of each Yuga each which take years to end. So far all the 9 avatars have come for a very specific, long and meaningful purpose, and only the 10th one remains. There is still quite a while left for this Yuga to end but there are already claims by several people in India in different cities and villages that he has already arrived. So i doubt people enmasse will ever believe as soon as he is born. It will probably take a while for people enmasse to start believing that the avatar had taken birth.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Waftohush

Exactly, evolution but spiritually

No. It is ALSO physical i.e DNA.

Regarding Rama and Krishna, cmon , they are represented as the avatars of Vishnu, who himself is one of the trinity of the supreme god

The word 'Vishnu' is a sanskrit word which means 'All pervading one' or all encompassing one. Vishnu is not the being you imagine him to be. The picture is metaphorical/allegorical/symbolic. He is an anthropomorphism / personification of some aspect/character denoting God, thats all. Just as much as the constellations are anthropomorphised / personified.

If you accept the Dashavatar, then it's said that each avatar incarnates at the end of each Yuga each which take years to end. So far all the 9 avatars have come for a very specific, long and meaningful purpose, and only the 10th one remains

They are all solar deities / Sun Gods, nothing more.
Nice wonderful stories. There are many good teachings to be found in the doctrines given by them, no doubt. But its the teachings alone that are to be followed, nothing else. But some people cannot understand that and spend too much time in admiring the teachers and dont follow the teachings the least bit. Such things piss me off.
Incidentally Rama and krishna did not claim themselves to be Gods. It the stupid people that did that.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
You seem to come up with some pretty impressive indepth research I was wondering if there was any indication in your research that lends crediance to my question ..did early Buddahism actually start spring from Hindism, and the Vedic texts are the depicting events that are contempory to the Sumerian Culture or possibly predate them?

Buddhism is a mixture of Buddhas own insights gained through a high consciousness state and Hinduism. Buddhism began in Northern India, it sprang from Hinduism, yes. I dare say Buddhism IS Hinduism stripped of all deities. Yes, the Vedas could predate the Sumerian Culture. At the very least they occured at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by RRokkyy

The Bhagavad Gita was a beautiful teaching in its time.

There is now a NEW TEACHING.

Its still just as useful today as it was thousands of years ago. There are 100 000+ people trying to plug their own particular teaching as "The NEW teaching" - but who knows how many come close to the quality of the original.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

It is in the ancient wisdom of the original teachings that there is wisdom...

It is in the original mind that there is wisdom not the original teachings.

Teachings are just a tool.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join