It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion News in Brief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Religion News in Brief

www.washingtonpost.com

The Vatican's top bioethics official dismissed calls for his resignation following an uproar over his defense of doctors who aborted the twin fetuses of a 9-year-old child who was raped by her stepfather.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This just struck me as strange. With an issues like abortion I though no middle ground would ever be reached. I would not call myself pro life or pro chice but i think abortion should be an option for extreme circumstances like this one, not for people who might be inconvenienced by having a child. But it appears the church may be willing to take a more objective approach to the situation rather than before when abortion was outright wrong no matter what.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

But it appears the church may be willing to take a more objective approach to the situation rather than before when abortion was outright wrong no matter what.

Too little too late as ever.

Probably because the church has been so badly discredited especially in relation to its' protection of pedophiles.

They'll be endorsing gay marriage next, now that would surely be the sign of its' demise.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Not really it's demise, i see as it more of changing with the times.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
First of all, the "step-father" who raped a 9-YEAR OLD GIRL (I'm cringing as I write that) should be sentenced to DEATH. That pathetic excuse for a living being has no redeeming value whatsoever to society.

Second, no 9 year-old girl should have to give birth, especially if it was forced upon her. I hate abortion as much as the next guy, but in a situation like this you cannot honestly stand behind the guise of religion and expect that young girl to go through with a LIFE ALTERING childbirth. I mean geez, she still has YEARS of her childhood left before she becomes a "know-it-all" teenager!

Ugh, the nerve of some people.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Academy members caused the uproar because they didn't want to save the childs life by aborting TWIN fetuses?

They should be excommunicated [or whatever the term is] by the church and brought up on criminal charges of child endagerment, and being sympathetic to pedophilia. If those charges don't exist, make them, apply them, and string the guilty parties up in the village square by the you-know-whats, and make examples out of them.

I'm sorry, but these boneheads shouldn't be allowed to breate our air

Nw that I've got that off my chest...............

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im not sure if people are reading the article. The vatican was defending the doctors that performed the abortion. the Pontifical Academy for Life is just an institution that promotes church views and cannot really make any decisions in the church.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I guess a little bit of sanity and real human compassion (rather than a manufactured uproar over a questionable definition of "life") is a bad thing now?
What are these people fighting about? I know many disagree but a fetus is not yet a human life. Humans are born.
Those twenty something Afghan's accidentally killed in Afghanistan by the US military...Human lives without question. Where is the big push to save them?

Solve and save these senseless deaths in your own back yard before trying to pressure your ideology into the very private and protected parts of woman's and girls wombs.
That is what gets girls in this position in the first place.
Castrate the rapists - they are the criminals. Don't molly coddle them like babies and take your wrath out on the innocent girl.
There are chemicals the libido impaired can take to control their dangerous urges and make a real dent in the number of abortions sought out.

We always protect the man at the expense of the women and girls.
This has got to stop.

That is just my opinion.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Everything is going to change. People who cannot adapt to it, will not see the good coming. Only the adaptable will make it over the next five years.

That you can write in your little black notebook or where ever you want to write it.

In regards to this issue, I think that the stepfather ought to be thrown underneath the prison. Not just because he had sex with his step daughter, which was atrocious enough, but she was NINE years old!!!

You have got to be kidding me!!!!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

They should be excommunicated [or whatever the term is] by the church

Executed seems to be appropriate ?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Poor little girl!

She knows what happened to her and she will have to carry that memory for the rest of her life.

Whatever decisions her mother made for her, she is the one whose mind has been assaulted with both the actual rape, and the consequences. Whether she had given birth or had an abortion, she will always be aware.

So many lives ruined or destroyed by one predatory human.

That the Vatican have defended the actions of the abortionist/s is astonishing! At this stage, it is not clear to me what their motivations involve. Is this the precursor for a more humanist approach by Rome?

top topics

join