It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a hand with that gif or what ever..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is a image file, that changes pictures at random. I have seen it for avatars, but have never figuredout how to make them.

Any one know what I'm failing to explain?

:bnghd:

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Hey ADVISOR ... you mean like kinglizard used to have, and I think worldwatcher too ...

I know in the old days that was possible with an avatar link to a service like photobucket, but now that that's not allowed anymore, I'm not sure how you would accomplish that.

Perhaps an image savvy person such as AshleyD or greeneyedleo would know.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That is always an option.

I have some time to kill, may as well hang around and see who shows up.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Try this site.

I made this there-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e07e1d280857.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey sig ... I don't believe (though I may be wrong) that that's what ADVISOR is referring to.

Useful site to create an animated gif btw, but I think what he's talking about is basically an image folder which the avy url redirects to, and is scripted in such a way that every time the page is refreshed a different image (either in sequence or random depending on the script) from the folder shows up in the avatar box. So the avatar itself isn't animated, but just changes from a selection in a folder every time someone refreshes the page.

Again, that is if I understand him correctly.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That close, not sure but I may have to ask Worldwatcher, not a constant change. Just when the page refreshes or loaded.

So, it would be one avatar on one page and a randomly different one one another.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

dont think you can do it anymore since the site stopped you using outside links as avatars

I dont think it had anything to do with the gif, it was the site it linked to, when it refreshed it would give you a random picture.

just like the your ip adress is: wont work anymore

[edit on 27-6-2010 by MR BOB]

top topics

join