It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Obama Logo/Islamic Crest DoD Patches?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You can view the U.S Department of Defense (Missile Defense Agency) Website HERE

Browsing through "Beforeitsnews.com" I ran into this...

Check out the snazzy new logo designed for the Department of Defense's Missile Defense Agency. It appears to be a mixture of Obama's campaign logo and an Islamic crescent. This is one of those things that makes you say to yourself, "Is this really happening? Can this really be the new patch for the DoD's Missile Defense Agency?" Apparently it is, as the official Missile Defense Agency websiteconfirms. Is it self-aggrandizing hubris? An Islamic crest? A bizarre mixture of the two? Or just an amazing coincidence? Hat tip to Chris Islam for catching this. Here's where you can follow him on Facebook. His site's been down from a malicious attack recently.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

From source:

An Islamic crest?

Hat tip to Chris Islam for catching this

Holy coincidence...

I would think the conspiracy would be geared more towards Pepsi and not Obama...but hey.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d910ad4d926.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Don't you just love these very subtle subliminals?
They just keep altering the very fabric of this nation, incrementally, one strand at a time.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Wow, Is This Really Happening!!!!

Now he has his patches of Obamanation

S&F

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Of course it is his logo design. He is absolutely depending on the missile defense to protect him in the event of revolution/civil war/Pelosi losing her seat/loss of Congressional super majority....oh, wait, Sen Brown did that already.

It is a kinda cool modern patch design, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That logo screams SATURN and the DAWN OF THE NEW DAY.

Saturn is everywhere...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Logo actually looks like a ray of fire is striking the Islamic Crest at the center - which would be more anti-Islamic than Pro.

Why they would use ANYTHING resembling that Crest is anyones guess.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If it were truly Islamic, the star would have to be located on the inside of the crescent, not on it.

But here are some interesting, and a little disturbing, meanings to the crescent shape:

The crescent was the symbol of the Sabaeans and the Sassanian Empire of Persia (Iran) and is prominently displayed on the crowns of its rulers.[1] After the Arab conquest of that empire in 651 CE, it was gradually adopted by later caliphates and Muslim rulers as an established and recognized symbol of power in Western Asia.

However, an account of flags from the Middle East and North Africa by the author of Libro de Conoscimento confirms the widespread use of the crescent of flags in that region. These include: the flags of the kings of Damascus and Lucha (yellow with a white crescent); Cairo (white with a blue crescent); Mahdia; in Tunisia (white with a purple crescent); Tunis (white with a black crescent); and Buda (white with a red crescent).

Though the crescent was originally a secular symbol of authority for Muslim rulers, it is now often used to symbolize the Islamic faith. However, it should be noted that the crescent was not a symbol used for Islam by Muhammad or any other early Muslim rulers, as the Islamic religion is, in fact, against appointing "Holy Symbols".

Despite this mixed history, many Islamic nations and charities use the crescent symbol on their flags or logos (e.g. Pakistan, The Red Crescent, etc. — though currently none of the Arab states in Arabia or the Mashreq have crescents on their flags). Therefore it could be argued that this usage is meant to signify Islamic identity or Muslim brotherhood.

And most importantly:

The crescent printed on military ration boxes is the Department of Defense symbol for subsistence items. The symbol is used on packaged foodstuffs but not on fresh produce or on items intended for resale.[2]

Edit to add source: en.wikipedia.org...

It seems the military already uses a crescent symbol. This is not new and not an idea necessarily brought about by Obama. However, it is pretty common knowledge to associate a crescent with Islam, so my best guess is that once again Obama has managed to walk a VERY fine by expanding the logo and making the crescent as prominent as it appears to be.

Here's a question: Why the heck can't we manage to come up with a symbol that in no way can be related to any religion or any specific group of people? I know: We need a logo czar!!!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe I'm looking too much into this but to me it seems to symbolize the removal of the rags as headdress.

How much DID WE PAY to have some graphic artist design this thing?

Don't get me wrong, I like logos and I think this looks kinda cool, but I don't think it should be in any way tied to anything that should be considered "military".

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It appears to be a mixture of Obama's campaign logo and an Islamic crescent. This is one of those things that makes you say to yourself, "Is this really happening? Can this really be the new patch for the DoD's Missile Defense Agency?"

You, Obama-hatred propaganda supporters, are pushing too hard:

*Obama antichrist
*Obama involving with gay-murder affair
*Obama Communist
*Obama Muslim
*Obama Israel's puppet (How can he be a muslim and puppet of Israel?)

Why just don't admit that's hard to a very racist Anglo-Saxon nation, swallow a negro as president??

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Would you really be surprised if you found out Obama is a double agent for a Muslim country that has infiltrated U.S. presidency with help?

Anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

Why just don't admit that's hard to a very racist Anglo-Saxon nation, swallow a negro as president??

Are you suggesting this logo has more to do with the bloods and the crips than with a crest?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Obama ain't a negro, and America isn't a 'very racist Anglo-Saxon nation'.

Ignorance denied...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You, Obama-hatred propaganda supporters, are pushing too hard:

*Obama antichrist
*Obama involving with gay-murder affair
*Obama Communist
*Obama Muslim
*Obama Israel's puppet (How can he be a muslim and puppet of Israel?)

I guess then when everybody was bashing Bush we simply couldn't swallow having another white man in office? Let's not be hypocritical here. Every President, especially in the last 12 - 16 years has been bashed -- thoroughly.

In fact, you should be happy we ARE bashing Obama too. Equality and all? It means equal. Which includes EQUAL BASHING.

Please, take your racist views and go elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You mean the BS fearmongering article that plays on your own fear and hatred of blacks, democrats, AND muslims, all in one go, in order to stir up an emotional hornet's nest in your paranoid, white, conservative soul?

You must be glad to have these sources that point out what you should spend your day being scared of; else you might miss one!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Obama ain't a negro, and America isn't a 'very racist Anglo-Saxon nation'.

This was extracted from what sketch of Saturday Night Live???

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Can we be any more paranoid than we already are?
Looks like rockets striking at Islam more than anything else.

Get your tinfoil hats out folks.
I'll be wearing my anti-obama islam crested tinfoil hat.

lol

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Alxandro

... in your paranoid, white, conservative soul?

Ha, nice try, no paranoia here.
Actually I'm semi conservative but I'll give you that one just cause I'm a nice guy. That's one out of three, 33%, but based on modern day academic standards you still pass.

Btw, I'm Hispanic.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Guys... That's just THE MOON. It looks much more like a Nike Swoop than the crescent symbol of Islam.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Maybe I'm looking too much into this but to me it seems to symbolize the removal of the rags as headdress.

How much DID WE PAY to have some graphic artist design this thing?

Don't get me wrong, I like logos and I think this looks kinda cool, but I don't think it should be in any way tied to anything that should be considered "military".

They should have just asked AshleyD to make the logo, it would have been way cooler, and she does it for free

[edit on 2/24/2010 by JohnnyR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join