It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China signs massive contract to develop Iranian oil fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Source Article

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I could not find any other mention of it.

From Article:

TEHRAN, January 14 (RIA Novosti) - The National Iranian Oil Company and China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) signed on Wednesday a $1.76 billion contract on developing Iran's North Azadegan oil field, local media reported.

These types of stories always catch my interest as it serves to highlight the true danger of pursuing war with Iran. I know there are many here who do not believe that Russia or China will assist Iran in the event of a war. However this story serves to highlight the amount of investment China has in developing relations with Iran.

The contract's overall price for the first and second stages expected to be implemented over a period of 12 to 17 years is likely to reach about $4 billion, the Iranian media said.

So this deal is set to grow as well. Iranian business represents a great deal of money to the Chinese government, and Iran has a brighter economic future than the US appears to at the moment. A situation China seems aware of...

China dumping dollar?

Also noted in the first article is a previous deal reached by the two nations... man that is a lot of oil China is getting access to, makes me worry about the direction of current events.

This is the second large deal Iran has signed with China in the oil sector in recent years. In December 2007, Iran's Petroleum Ministry and Chinese oil company Sinopec signed a $2 billion contract to develop the Yadavaran oil deposit, which holds 18.3 billion barrels in proven reserves.

Seems I am not the only noticing China's growing levels of investment and influence in the region. Check this out...

Israeli Deputy PM Heads to China

From Article:

Israel on Tuesday said Deputy Prime Minister Moshe Ya'alon will lead a high-level delegation next week to China, the most prominent holdout against tough sanctions on Iran.

I personally believe that Israel understands the amount of interest China has in Iran and is trying to stave off possible retaliation in the event of a strike(This is of course conjecture on my part, but it seems logical).

More from the above article...

On Saturday, Ambassador to the US Michael Oren revealed that as part of Jerusalem's ongoing efforts to scuttle the Iranian nuclear weapons program, an Israeli delegation will be sent to Beijing. “We are not too late,” Oren said in an interview with Channel 10.

“We are in the thick of the process, both on the security and international fronts. Soon, an Israeli delegation will travel to China, but the big question is whether the Chinese will take part in this battle over sanctions.”

Now here is where I think things become more complicated. Russia's assistance to Iran to seems(to me) to be in the form military and bureaucratic aid. However China is beginning to do a good deal of business with Iran, and I don't think with will go along with any sanctions that reduce Iran's ability to do business with them.

What do you guys think, is Israel trying to persuade China to step aside? Also what do think of China's interest in Iran in context of the current conflict?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Throw in the Russian's as well.

As of 2 years ago, there were 3700 Russians working on the Nuclear Plant.

With their families , roughly 10,000 Russians living near the plant.

Folks better be careful bombing that Plant, Russia may not like their citizens

being killed , for a BS reason.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Just shows how much more complex war with Iran is compared to the battles currently waging in the middle east. I only hope those steering this have some common sense....WHAT AM I SAYING?!

Well it's official...we're boned.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
And the scorpion stings:

The Pentagon’s undersecretary of defence for policy Doug Feith accused top Israeli defence ministry official on an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) deal between Israel and the People’s Republic of China (PRC), and claimed that this has caused a confidence crisis between the Pentagon and the Israeli MoD.

www.sinodefence.com...

Israel to expedite UAV production for Russia

With respect to the obvious boom of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) development and export programmes in western countries, China, as much as Russia, still lag somewhat behind.

Nevertheless, the gap is quickly closing as the military’s requirement for state-of-the-art reconnaissance UAVs is becoming increasingly important in both countries.

China’s Leap in Unmanned Aircraft Development

Hey America! Even your Master likes to bite your ass once in a while. You are, indeed, alone in the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Mr. Obama ain't going to be happy about this one. Could this have anything to do with the chinese being bitter about the Dalai Lama meeting? What a kick in the a$$ if it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I am not sure things are as simple as this article makes them appear to be.

Israel to expedite UAV production for Russia

Last month, Israeli defense officials told the Jerusalem Post that Israel had decided to sell advanced UAV to Russia on condition that it would not transfer the technology to Iran or Syria and would suspend the sale of anti-aircraft systems to these countries.

According to this article for the deal to go through Russia would have to suspend sales of anti-aircraft systems to Iran. Accord to these sources that is not too likely to happen. Seems the Russian government intends to complete delivery of the S-300 AA Defense system.

Can't say as I blame them, as has been pointed out the Iranian nuclear facilities have many Russian personnel working and living near them. I can't see Russia leaving its' many people with no defense against an increasingly likely Israeli air strike.

Russia stands by delivery of S-300

Russia to deliver S-300 to Iran

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well there you have it. Let them make the bed they will sleep in. China is not a friend it is the enemy and the faster we realise this the faster when can really counter them in a big way. They will attack us if we get weak enough and they will not wrestle with the same politically correct crap when they do it that we do every time we fire a bullet.

IT TIME TO TAKE OFF THE KID GLOVES THE WOLVES ARE AT THE DOOR.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

China signs a deal to develop Iranian oil fields so "THE WOLVES ARE AT THE DOOR"?

That seems like a bit of a leap there...this doesn't even involve us if we choose not to become involved.

Seems to me if we leave Iran alone (and we should as they have followed every article of the NNPT) China remains no direct threat to us and will continue to do business as usual. No one here is pushing us, I am only pointing out the possibility of them pushing back.

I personally think avoiding another pointless war is preferable to intentionally starting what could quickly become WW3.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Don't worry about it. It's coming. But as Reinhardt would say, "Nations don't go to war with each other. Their workers do."

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I believe one china now will never let Iran use a nuke.
why because they would lose the oil fields..

I also believe in ten or so years Iran will hate the Chinese worse then they do us now. China will cheat Iran and the CIA will leak proof to iran.

Three the CIA has a perfect target for disinformation and they will do many little tricks to screw with Iran and at the same time lay the blame on china.

Now if we can get the Russian reactor to melt down like Chernobyl and make it look like shoddy Russian workmanship was the cause we would really have fun.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Don't worry about it. It's coming. But as Reinhardt would say, "Nations don't go to war with each other. Their workers do."

You are very right and I agree we are headed for war it is the only way out it seems. Young men and women will die and for what? I think we have been setup again. I hate to think TPTB are scripting this one but everything seems to be falling into place.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

No offence but do you watch the news? We are going to war with Iran. It is that simple we need a bad guy and there leader wont shut the fu*k up. If he was smart he would do what little Kimmy did and zip it. The squeaky wheel will get the grease.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ohh I agree with you there, war is on their to-do list. I personally believe they will let nothing stop them from starting the world's next major bloodbath.

I am examining the possible complications of striking Iran. Iran is much more "entangled" regime than Iraq.

Russia and China both have personnel and monetary interest within Iran, Russia specifically at Iran's nuclear sites. I am not questioning our "leaders'" determination for conflict, I am exploring the possible consequences.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

He is smart. He's just following a script. They all are. And we get to participate in the movie.

top topics

join