It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS says major 5.0 + Haiti quake is eminent how could they know??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So im waching the news last night and i see this segment that states major earthquake in haiti to happen shortly and all im thinking is we can predict earthquakes now? Or is it really a possibility that there is a deeper conspiracy evolving. Hurricane season is approaching and the country is in shambles and my understanding is its complete chaos there. Im starting this thread because there is apparently even more of a conspiracy here then US occupaion whats going on underneath Haiti.??
Be Well

[edit on 24-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

[edit on 24-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Im starting this thread because there is apparently even more of a conspiracy here then US occupaion whats going on underneath Haiti.??

US occupation

How about some research before you start making such claims?

The reason it runs so smoothly is the 82nd Airborne, but they're leaving soon. There are around 13, 000 American troops currently in Haiti; that's down from the 20,000 two weeks ago; which could mean bad news for the thousands of Haitians who rely on them to keep the peace and supply lines flowing.

United Nations troops will be replacing U.S. Troops and that could be a problem in Port-au-Prince were many Haitians don't trust the U.N.

www.digtriad.com...

No conspiracy.

You can expect aftershocks. One hit Haiti yesterday.

Geologists expect the aftershocks to continue for about a year, and officials have urged residents to abandon damaged structures.

www.laht.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

O hey easy i was simply watching Tv and it wasnt a what if they said it like the earthquake was immenent i dont beleive in the occupation theory at all think its bs i also think haarp cannot cause earthquakes i was suggesting maybe the conspiracy is that science is more advanced then we think and they no a big shift is coming. The news report was on cnn or fox or the weather channel it was late and i was flipping around. The prediction was stated like an up coming snow storm no what ifs .
it was very odd to say the least.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When a geologist says "eminent" he's speaking in a geological sense. The same way they've been talking about the "big one" along the san andreas fault for decades.

"eminent" depends upon context.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hmm yea thats the way i usually veiw these statements the thing that was odd is it was like the report was leaving out info. I dunno it was just so very odd i remember in past quakes they say aftershocks are immenent and or possible this was like a warning not a heads up. I wait and see maybe im just loopy

Be Well

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Saying Haiti will have a 5.0+ quake soon is like predicting somebody will get drunk at a bar. Haiti has been having big quakes every week since the 7.0, if you watch equake its not big mystery that they will probably continue that same way.

This is more an example of sensationalizing something that shouldn't be to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Your right in your assumption that the USGS doesnt' know anything about predicting earthquakes triplescorpio, but the USGS is also running out of time on their BS conspiracy of not wanting to know how to forecast earthquakes.

I'm going to force the USGS to start forecasting earthquakes, or the people of the USA will have the right to sue the USGS and the Department of the Interior for turning their heads and letting people die when they have been getting paid by Congress to find a way to save peoples lives. I offered them the knowledge in 1996 and you can see the scientific knowledge of how its all done scientifically on my videos.

Earthquakes are very easy to detect before they strike and to predict extremely accurately. Earthquakes can also be used as the greatest weapons of mass destruction in ways you can't even imagine. If you want to see how and why it's all possible then watch my videos.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

so im sitting here wondering if the governments secret tech is so sophisticated that we are merely well idiots for not asuming they are hundreds of years ahead of what is disclosed. imagine they could predict earthquakes or geez just imagine all of the possibilties pulse drive invisible stealth????

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by RussianScientists

so im sitting here wondering if the governments secret tech is so sophisticated that we are merely well idiots for not asuming they are hundreds of years ahead of what is disclosed. imagine they could predict earthquakes or geez just imagine all of the possibilties pulse drive invisible stealth????

Watch his you tube videos and you will see they can be predicted if they wanted. Some of the stuff he talks about is a little over my head but you will get the basics of it when you watch.

It would be cool if russianScientists would predict some things on here to show how it all works though.

new topics

top topics

join