It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Children Adopted by Homosexuals Are 'More Prone to Suicide'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
reply to post by Death_Kron

It's simple really. If the parent(s), whether that is adoptive, gay, single, single gay, traditional, foster or family member with custody really love the child then it will work.

Being a parent is very hard work but the basics are simple. Instil pride, trust, tolerance and love into the child's life and it will all be okay. The only important thing is that we make sure we have safe and well looked after children and they become valuable members of society when they become adults.

Anything else is just piffle really.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by The Teller]

I can't knock those morals really.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

People want kids because they want kids. That's it. It's the same for gay folks, or sterile folks, straight & fertile folks, whatever. There is no difference.

As long as parents can raise kids, they should be allowed to.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

People want kids because they want kids. That's it. It's the same for gay folks, or sterile folks, straight & fertile folks, whatever. There is no difference.

As long as parents can raise kids, they should be allowed to.

Isn't that a little bit of a simplistic answer though? Like I said before, heterosexual couples want kids because they are creating and raise life with the partner they love and also continuing their family bloodline.

Infertile heterosexual couples want kids for the same reasons but they can't so they may choose to adopt. Is it the same way for homosexuals? Do they adopt children because, like an infertile couple, they biologically can't?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Death-Kron I'm heading off to a business trip. Just U2U me if you want to know anything more about my life. I'll be off here for a couple of days.

Curious that I have not asked you anything.

The kids are good.
My parents are happy
The partner is annoying right now (in hilarious way).
The cat is scratching on the floor
Business is going eh ok.
I'll let my brother carry the bloodline, let it be his burden.
Family is likely moving out of the country this summer. (Finland!)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Opinions differ always but when ill informed biased fools post things from mexico and mask their views as truth is why i think this counyry is full of fools. I can say i've had the pleasant opportunity to meet "homosexual" couples with very normal and happy children, at least in my opinion the foundation that your brood develops isn't based on an X or Y chromosome its based on the love their parents feel for each other! The morals they pass on the values they teach. To hear that people base such slander on others because of who they choose to love disgusts me. I'm not saying that all gay parents are great but anyone with eyes can see the negative effects a " normal" couple can have on a child. I'll end this rant with this line...
This isn't about children and suicide its about closed minds hindering others...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ihavn't had time to read the whole thread BUT:

Children who travel in cars with their parents with cars are more prone to dieing in car crashes.

So are we going to ban cars and say they are evil and all car drivers should be condemned? I thought not.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

HEY you know what else? One of the leading causes of suicide in TEENS is... THEY ARE GAY AND NOT ALLOWED TO BE THEMSELVES!

That's right, gay teenagers are killing themselves because they live in hiding, fear and feel that (DUE TO #E LIKE THIS) they are wrong... The LOVING CHURCH doesn't help any by telling its youth they are going to hell because they have sexual feelings for the same sex... NICE way to listen to Christ's teachings guys. (I Wonder often if anyone really READ the damn bible they are always thumping)

Frack this Propaganda.

These people (that promote that being gay is evil or wrong or less then human) should be shunned and treated as they treat those who are gay.
Treat them like the spiritual plague they are.

ITS OK to be gay, it's ok to be.
A real CHRISTIAN loves forgives and accepts ALL no matter what...
HOW DARE anyone condemn someone for being gay because it's a sin... FYI EVERYONE IS A SINNER _E V E R Y O N E_

Dumb FRACKS!

P.S. I am not gay or bi but I love humans NO MATTER WHAT SEX THEY SLEEP WITH (note not "what" they sleep with cause sex with animals is Bahhhhhhd)
LOVE THE SOUL NOT THE SEX!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sorry double post

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Loki Lyesmyth]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Imagine the ridicule from the kids' peers throughout their school years. Devastating.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
its interesting how progay ats staff is

just a quick browse shows that

its interesting ats is pro-gay yet anti certain other things

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe there wouldn't be more problems with homosexuals if people like you didn't MAKE a problem. Let's try treating homosexuals like real people and see if they start "working better".

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by mike-harris

A child with two homosexual parents would have been picked upon and teased to a point beyond crying at my old high school, there life would have literally been livng hell.

Well, buddy, this isnt your old high school. Its 2010.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Ya know what? Screw that.

I dont need to sit here and explain my life to you. I provide my daughtor with what she needs, and shes a happy little girl. Our family is, and will always be perfect for us. I dont care at this point what you do or dont agree with.
[edit on 2/25/2010 by KevinHavoc]

Ironic isn't it that someone a few posts up who proclaimed be be cool & calm while writing his post has lost his temper a few minutes later?

As far as I'm aware I haven't said anything offensive or been rude to you so why your taking the defensive "I don't need to explain myself to you" route is beyond me.

You was quite happy giving your views earlier in the thread to other but you won't answer a couple of my simple questions?

This is ATS, people here debate and question each other every day ,don't take it personally.

If I said something to offend you then I'll apologise but at the end of the day my opinion is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just like you are with yours.

And i was cool and calm as i typed that as well. I was simply telling you that we dont need your approval to do anything. Don't agree with it? Okay. Whatever. But, like i said, i couldnt care less at this point. Wont stop me from raising my daughtor.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinHavoc

Ya know what? Screw that.

I dont need to sit here and explain my life to you. I provide my daughtor with what she needs, and shes a happy little girl. Our family is, and will always be perfect for us. I dont care at this point what you do or dont agree with.
[edit on 2/25/2010 by KevinHavoc]

Ironic isn't it that someone a few posts up who proclaimed be be cool & calm while writing his post has lost his temper a few minutes later?

As far as I'm aware I haven't said anything offensive or been rude to you so why your taking the defensive "I don't need to explain myself to you" route is beyond me.

You was quite happy giving your views earlier in the thread to other but you won't answer a couple of my simple questions?

This is ATS, people here debate and question each other every day ,don't take it personally.

If I said something to offend you then I'll apologise but at the end of the day my opinion is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just like you are with yours.

And i was cool and calm as i typed that as well. I was simply telling you that we dont need your approval to do anything. Don't agree with it? Okay. Whatever. But, like i said, i couldnt care less at this point. Wont stop me from raising my daughtor.

I never said you needed my approval, not once! I also, as far as I'm aware, haven't been abusive or told you how to live your life.

As I said this is ATS, if you can't debate why are you here?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah, the kids would do much better with a normal family. Oh, that's right, there's no such thing because EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS. If there was such a thing as a perfect society they'd all be ROBOTS.

Last time I checked God made men and women....
... and blacks, gays, muslims, left handed people, drug addicts, prodigies...

Others might view them as a mistake but know this, God never makes mistakes.

I'm left-handed and I'm proud of it!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You people and your phony "peer reviewed". Did not Climategate expose the fraud of "peer review" enough for your own humiliation?

What good is "peer review" when "peers" are organized in conspiracy to deny heterodoxy the slightest whiff of acknowledgment?

No wonder it's oft called "The Lavendar Mafia" -- because it acts that way.

Originally posted by niteboy82
You absolutely must be kidding me. Narth? Narth... the homosexual rehabilitation people?

That is not science, that is propaganda. And the Catholic California, no bias there.

Perhaps do you have any peer reviewed scientific data not backed by insane rehab junkies making a profit at the expense of mentally destroying other people?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm hetero, my Father and Step-mom were foster parents for over 2 decades. I saw alot of children pass through their house on the way to finding a family. And yes, some of those families were gay couples. I never saw anything but happiness in all those kids. ALL of them, kids with gay parents, and with straight parents. They had a family. That's what mattered to them. Not all of this ridiculous bickering. These children want a family, pure and simple. They just want to be loved and give love back. They want a home, a place to be safe, and a place where someone will always be there for them.
Every Christmas and 4th of July my parents have a party and invite all the former foster kids and they come. Some are now adults with children of their own. Never have I seen or heard of any of those foster kids having any issues with their parents, or having depression or suicidal tendencies because of who their parents were.
It's society thats making them, and alot of other children and adults depressed and suicidal.
I agree with what someone said earlier about the culture of machismo in S. America, as well as dogmatic issues affecting these children.
Smells like a very biased study to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by toochaos4u

Sorry but I really don't agree with it and I probably never will; a little girl shouldn't have two dads just like a little boy shouldn't have two mums.

A female can provide things for her daughter that no man ever could -simple!

Edit: How can someone be an "ex-gay"?

[edit on 25/2/10 by Death_Kron]

Do you realize the silliness of this statement? Do you feel that single dads should put their daughters up for adoption, or single mothers their sons? You must, because that's the logical continuation of your argument.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Except that climategate was a big nothing that was inflated by a bunch of people with absolutely nothing else to work with in their endeavors to pretend science isn't real but unicorns are?

Narth had a vested financial and legal interest i nthe results in their own "study" - this is no different from Winston-Salem conducting an internal survey of whether or not cigarettes are harmful. They're going to get the answer they want whether it's the factual one or not

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

You people and your phony "peer reviewed". Did not Climategate expose the fraud of "peer review" enough for your own humiliation?

There were quite a few "peers" that disagreed with the climate change caused by man theories. I certainly had no problem finding science that contended against climate change...

The fact that a gay rehabilitation group payed for this so called study tells us pretty much all we need to know...IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join