It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Children Adopted by Homosexuals Are 'More Prone to Suicide'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

IF there were an Equal number of Gay families as there are Straight families, you'd have a point.

Otherwise you're comparing a cup of water to a bucket of water and saying the bucket is heavier...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I oppose the "Gay Rights" brigade because they are trying to put their needs and desires ahead of what is wanted by the majority.

Up the majorities nose with a rubber hose

This is America, we are all free to seek our own version of happiness with in the frame work of the law. Sex is not mentioned in the constitution now is it?

Some people hate the governmental control, yet seem to enjoy the government controlling other people via exclusion or passive disregard

Hows that work?

Fundarighties are very awesome with things like that...

Do your own thing, worry about your own thing, live your life. Because right this instant there is a gay act going on somewhere,,, indeed gayer than Richard Simmons.

Are any of you experiencing any pain or tangible discomfort at the moment due to this simple mathematical certainty?

Any specific "mating" session traumatizing any of you more than any other?

to: fundarighties

Sharing such a familiar sentiment with nazi's is a fantastic achievement, could have a three hour back slapping drink fest on this issue alone.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
reply to post by KevinHavoc

Honestly?

If you are trying to claim that homosexuals would make fit parents... you have to admit, having an emotionally charged knee jerk reaction to this post is *NOT* helping your case my friend.

When in debate, on a classy website such as this, it is important to remember the rules of Debate.

1. Insults are not arguments.

it may FEEL good, but it does not prove your opponent wrong, not one bit.

2. Argue with FACTS

Feelings are not truth, as they cannot be independently verified by an outside observer.

3. Maintain your cool.

Getting riled up makes you loose your rationality, and intellect... do not succumb to anger, or you will no longer be debating or discussing... you will just be yelling.

And people tend not to listen to people who yell at the top of their lungs.

4. Read the entire thread before you post, yelling at the OP... what you want to say may have been said before.

OR

You may have misunderstood the CONTEXT of the OP.

In this specific example, the study indicates that the proximity of the adopted parent being cared for by the homosexual parent has a negative effect on children BECAUSE OF OUTSIDE SOCIAL BIAS AGAINST HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS.

So, in essence, the article is a slant against the attitudes of SOCIETY'S dislike of Gay people, and not gays in general.

5. You do not talk about fight club.

-Edrick

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Edrick]

Okay, ill take note of that.

First off, i would like to state that NONE OF YOU are my child, so i dont need to use the same love and compassion when speaking to any of you as I do when I speak to her.

1) I was not trying to argue, i was trying to insult!

2) What more fact do i need? I am a gay man with a VERY happy and well adjusted daughtor. Ok, so, shes MY Daughtor, not adopted, but so what? I'm a single, gay man with a child. I love her with all my heart, and i provide for her better then most parents do for their children.

3) I was very cool, and calm when i typed that out, just as i am right now.

4) I dont really care what anyone else had to say and, i couldnt care less what the context was. This hits closer to home for me then it does you, unless your gay with a kid, or have gay parents.

5) You do not talk about fight club.

-Kevin

[edit on 2/25/2010 by KevinHavoc]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I haven't read every reply on this thread, in fact I haven't even read the article linked in the OP.

I just wanted to say that I have learnt alot about homosexuality through talking to members of that orientation here on ATS and my views have changed slightly.

Personally, I do not agree with homosexuality - I don't think its right or natural however I do know that the majority of homosexuals are born that way and they can't change it.

My thoughts regarding homosexuality are that I don't agree with it but as long as its not forced upon me and kept behind closed doors then I'm quite happy.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want and private business should be kept private.

Regarding the study I'm not so sure it can be classed as factful for the variety of reasons that people have mentioned however I do not agree with children being adopted by homosexual couples.

I do also think that children adopted by homosexual couples would be subjected to peer pressure and ridicule from their class mates/friends and this could contribute to an increase in stress levels.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hating the ignorant versus hating those that are different ... Well gosh you're both as hatefull as each other. Now there's a surprise!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Do your own thing, worry about your own thing, live your life. Because right this instant there is a gay act going on somewhere,,, indeed gayer than Richard Simmons.

I dont think there is anything in the world that could come close to being gayer the Richard Simmons!

But, on a serious note, I wish there were more people on the planet with your mindset!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Why gays are not removed from the gene pool. I'm going to put this into my cut and paste program because I've had to put it up here on ATS numerous times.

Study: 'Gay' Genes May Make Females More Fertile

n 2004 the researchers studied about 200 Italian families and found that the mothers, maternal aunts and maternal grandmothers of gay men are more fecund, or fruitful, than average. Recently, they tried to explain their findings with a number of genetic models, and found one that fit the bill. "This is the first time that a model fits all our empirical data," said Andrea Camperio-Ciani, an evolutionary psychologist at the University of Padova in Italy who led the study. "These genes work in a sexually antagonistic way — that means that when they're represented in a female, they increase fecundity, and when they're represented in a male, they decrease fecundity. It's a trait that benefits one sex at the cost of the other."

www.foxnews.com...

I'm not going to bother arguing over a study funded by an ex-gay ministry. That is about as reliable as studies done by the KKK that says children of interracial couples have problems. I know of many gay people that have raised children successfully. I'm raising two now and they are fine.

Someone asked how gay men would address questions from a son about relationships. I suppose the same way I had to address feminine hygiene with my niece or explaining to my nephew why his mother didn't want to see him. I did not demonize her despite her problems. What I didn't know about feminine hygiene I asked from a female. That simple.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Sorry but I really don't agree with it and I probably never will; a little girl shouldn't have two dads just like a little boy shouldn't have two mums.

A female can provide things for her daughter that no man ever could -simple!

Edit: How can someone be an "ex-gay"?

[edit on 25/2/10 by Death_Kron]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Sorry but I really don't agree with it and I probably never will; a little girl shouldn't have two dads just like a little boy shouldn't have two mums.

No matter who you are, you might need a little help on parenting from time to time. My daughtor has 2 aunts and a grandmother who are happy to help me whenever i need it (as far as female issues go). Other then that, what can i not provide for my daughtor? I would LOVE for you to tell me what I CAN'T do for my daughtor!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

4) I dont really care what anyone else had to say and, i couldnt care less what the context was. This hits closer to home for me then it does you, unless your gay with a kid, or have gay parents.

One of them... yes. I do.

So... ya know... we have a similar situation, as per your addendum.

-Edrick

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No matter who you are, you might need a little help on parenting from time to time. My daughtor has 2 aunts and a grandmother who are happy to help me whenever i need it (as far as female issues go). Other then that, what can i not provide for my daughtor? I would LOVE for you to tell me what I CAN'T do for my daughtor!

I agree absolutely that everyone needs a helping hand from time to time as a parent, no one is perfect and sometimes people need a little bit of support.

However, I will happily oblige and tell you what two homosexual men cannot do for an adopted daughter:

Firstly, which one is Dad? Or should both men be called Dad?

How confusing that must be for a child!

Secondly, no gay man can sit here and watch a film with his daughter while its her time of the month and her hormones are all over the place - of course they can do it physically but its a womanly thing, thats what mothers & daughters do together, do you know why?

Because both the mother and the daughter experience it every month of every year so they can comfort each other as they each know what it feels like.

Can you go shopping and look at makeup with your daughter? Again, of course you can physically but its a woman thing, girls sit and look and discuss make up with their mums!

What about when your daughter just wants some female family company?

I know you mention aunts but once again its not the same relationship that a mother has with her daughter.

Your a male obviously and I presume you had female friends at school/in your teens so you've surely seen a teenage girl have a loving relationship with her mother?

I think your really mistaken if you think you can provide that bond.

I could list more examples...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I was repeatedly harrassed by gay men when I was a youngster, hardly at all
when I became mature, it made me wonder how many gays are potential pedophiles as well.., kids being adopted by a same sex couple seems to me a recipe for emotional disaster, apart from the already well known evidence that children need both a mother and a father to guide them into a reasonably healthy emotional life. What do you think these kids would tell you if you could give them a choice ? That is the crux of the question and I think most non biased
poeple will agree that childrens rights come before gay rights.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

I've got to agree with all of that apart from the peadophile part, I don't think there is any correlation or connection with homosexuals and peadophilia.

Obviously we all know there are homosexual peadophiles but homosexuality and peadophilia aren't connected.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If I may, I would like to state that this entire study is in relation to foster children who lost their parents or were taken from their parents. This in no way reflects the adoption of new born children by same sex couples.

After reading the study, I can understand why Kathy Hall refused to use more than a fraction of Dr. Rekers study. It really has no merit.

The entire "study" has no basis in real scientific facts. I will even go so far as to say that all the sources are accurate, but they dont back up a damn thing in Dr. Reker's thesis.

Dr. Reker assumes that because a foster child will be more stressed and more likely to be suffering from trauma or a psychiatric/behavioral disorder; will have additional stress placed on them due to the social stigma of "foster child to gay people" thus leading to a greater risk of thoughts of suicide.

Dr. Reker also pretty much makes the assumption that all heterosexual couples are June and Ward Cleaver that provide perfect gender role modeling for children with a man doing the work and a woman doing the cleaning, and gosh golly Wally, that does make a fine scientific article thingie!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I agree absolutely that everyone needs a helping hand from time to time as a parent, no one is perfect and sometimes people need a little bit of support.

However, I will happily oblige and tell you what two homosexual men cannot do for an adopted daughter:

Firstly, which one is Dad? Or should both men be called Dad?

How confusing that must be for a child!

Secondly, no gay man can sit here and watch a film with his daughter while its her time of the month and her hormones are all over the place - of course they can do it physically but its a womanly thing, thats what mothers & daughters do together, do you know why?

Because both the mother and the daughter experience it every month of every year so they can comfort each other as they each know what it feels like.

Can you go shopping and look at makeup with your daughter? Again, of course you can physically but its a woman thing, girls sit and look and discuss make up with their mums!

What about when your daughter just wants some female family company?

I know you mention aunts but once again its not the same relationship that a mother has with her daughter.

Your a male obviously and I presume you had female friends at school/in your teens so you've surely seen a teenage girl have a loving relationship with her mother?

I think your really mistaken if you think you can provide that bond.

I could list more examples...

Well, like i said the female issues are coverd. Secondly, I'm a cosmetologist, so, i think i can talk to my daughtor about make up and hair, ect.

Thirdly, my daughtors mother died last year, so its not like i adopted her. I had a bout of confusion in my mid teens.

And, finally, I am Dad, and i am single. As far as having a second parental figure in the household, he will be treated as a step parent. My daughtor will call no one "dad" other then me. That gets rid of that confuson.

Keep em' commin.

Ya know what? Screw that.

I dont need to sit here and explain my life to you. I provide my daughtor with what she needs, and shes a happy little girl. Our family is, and will always be perfect for us. I dont care at this point what you do or dont agree with.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

One of them... yes. I do.

So... ya know... we have a similar situation, as per your addendum.

-Edrick

Are you suicidal?!?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ah! But you never mentioned your daughter has already had a relationship with her mother, so she has experience of a loving motherly relationship and understands the fact that your homosexual I presume?

There is a big difference between your situation and one of two homosexual parents adopting a child from birth.

Without wanting to sound disrespectful (and obviously dependant on your daughters age) but at least she knows she had a mum.

Looking at it simply, you cannot provide everything a mother could because your not a woman. That might be a simplistic statement but could you ever imagine a female being a Dad to her son?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

What are those things? Do tell. The only thing I can think of is birth canal.

I dunno how someone could be ex-gay. The religious folk have that figured out until their leaders are spotted in gay bars.

[edit on 25/2/10 by toochaos4u]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u

What are those things? Do tell. The only thing I can think of is birth canal.

I dunno how someone could be ex-gay. The religious folk have that figured out until their leaders are spotted in gay bars.

[edit on 25/2/10 by toochaos4u]

I've listed a couple of examples in my posts above.

Out of two gay men adopting a girl from birth how can one of them act like a mother to her? Tell me how thats possible?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As I said above can you imagine two women in a homosexual relationship and one of them trying to be a Dad to their adopted son?

It just wouldn't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join