It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota recall - number of accidents are DOWN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good Morning. I was thinking about this last night and looked up some numbers. Up until 2009 the number of car accidents has gone DOWN. But the Toyota recall is for cars back to 2005 in some cases. Then up to 2010 where there are no statistics. How is this? If the problem was that big wouldn't the number of car accidents have gone up, considering how many Toyota's are on the road. And what happened? Did all the cars just suddenly break this past month? I believe it is a smear campaign by not only the U.S. auto manufactures but also the Government. There is another thread that discusses the issue of this being a conflict of interest with Toyota and the Government. Was there some type of switch that was pressed in the beginning of 2010 that broke all the cars? That doesn't make sense. So, it must be organizations trying to make Toyota look bad. What are your thought on this?
I thought this deserved it's own thread. I did look around to see if this exact subject was discussed and did not find it. If I'm wrong and this needs to be moved to another thread then please go ahead. Thanks.

www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov...
www.car-accidents.com...
www.toyota.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DocDoyle

I think that Toyota has a software problem that they are desperately trying to fix while blaming mechanical things. Before the drive by wire cars, did any of this happen to this extent? People are more comfortable with a mechanical fix because it is visible. If there is a random software glitch in the onboard computer, no one will ever know if it is fixed or not. Would you buy such a vehicle?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Never thought of that. But I'm betting that's what happened.

new topics

join