It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compare These UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just ran across a couple of videos with rotating UFOs that look quite similar. One is allegedly taken from the ground and has some sort of affect on the atmosphere, and one is seen in the NASA STS 115 Atlanta footage in space. Is it possible that both objects are real UFOs (even if they both belong to us)? I know that the footage taken from the ground could be CGI, but I think that the similarity between it and the NASA object is uncanny. What do you think?

Here's the footage taken from the ground:

Embedding has been disabled for this video, so here's the entire link:

www.youtube.com...

Here's the NASA footage. The object shows up in the lower right-hand corner around the :28 mark.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Nice post...BBL for more on this

Back:

Well the first object looks manmade kinda like a rocketstage or somethin.
The second one at 0:25ish is more suspisious..Dont really know what it
could be..So its a UFO...As we dont KNOW what it is yet...
The first object is ALSO a UFO but i think it will be identyfied soon..

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Miccey]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Thanks for your reply.
The three 'arms' on both objects are what stands out the most to me as well as the similarities in how they move. The one near the ground rotates much faster of course, but the one in space rotates too. The commentator didn't act surprised to see it which makes me think that whatever it is may be a common sight.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well they are both the same craft. Nice find. I like the Iran footage . The big question we all want to know is who is at the wheel?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Hi
First one looks man-made, second "object" seems to be a light reflection off the window. The video increases in brightness before the appearance of the second item,which seems to indicate increased sunlight.

Regards

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hey!

This might be off topic, I know... But, If NASA and the Gov are so Anti-Disclosure & deny the existence of UFO's & Extraterrestrials, then WHY does NASA (which is run by the US gov, as I believe) release there vids? On you tube of all places....???

It just seems a bit fishy...

Anyz..cool thread none the less.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Well they are both the same craft. Nice find. I like the Iran footage . The big question we all want to know is who is at the wheel?

Thanks.
I just went back and checked the first video, and it doesn't say Iran. It said date/location unknown. Sorry about that. I don't know where I got that. Anyhow, I adjusted the OP.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by V1g0r0u5

Hi
First one looks man-made, second "object" seems to be a light reflection off the window. The video increases in brightness before the appearance of the second item,which seems to indicate increased sunlight.

Regards

I dont think its a reflection..Movement is not the same as camera. Camera
is static object isnt..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
Hey!

This might be off topic, I know... But, If NASA and the Gov are so Anti-Disclosure & deny the existence of UFO's & Extraterrestrials, then WHY does NASA (which is run by the US gov, as I believe) release there vids? On you tube of all places....???

It just seems a bit fishy...

Anyz..cool thread none the less.

Thank you.
I wonder the same thing. I don't think they're being unintentionally careless. I think they're letting us see stuff on purpose for a reason that is only known to them at this point. It's also possible that they can't control what decides to show up.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Hi

Regards

is static object isnt..

IMO, camera is most definitely not static! If it was static, the manmade object would be travelling on quite an erratic path. I see the camera constanly adjusting to keep the main object centered.

As i said, IMO.

Regards

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
If NASA and the Gov are so Anti-Disclosure & deny the existence of UFO's & Extraterrestrials, then WHY does NASA (which is run by the US gov, as I believe) release there vids? On you tube of all places....???

Ever heard that expression, "If you want to effectively hide something, put it right out in the open." I think they let some things slip by that they could have plausible "other" explanations for. Look at the tether incident.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Tried that with a coldsore once,
didn't work so well!

Regards

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
I just ran across a couple of videos with rotating UFOs that look quite similar. One is allegedly taken from the ground and has some sort of affect on the atmosphere, and one is seen in the NASA STS 115 Atlanta footage in space. Is it possible that both objects are real UFOs (even if they both belong to us)?

Yes, everything is possible. Every video on Youtube could be real.
However, check out the other UFO video that the same user posted the same day on Youtube. If you still think it's real, good for you.

Edit : forgot link to video, first posted in 2007. Here it is :
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2010-2-24 by nablator]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What is seen in the NASA video is ice which forms on the nozzles of the main shuttle engines and gets shed in orbit. In this video (STS 121) it is described by Mike Fossum and can be seen much more clearly.

tinyurl.com/ydx37vz

(You'll need to copy and paste the link to your address bar)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What is seen in the NASA video is ice which forms on the nozzles of the main shuttle engines and gets shed in orbit. In this video (STS 121) it is described by Mike Fossum and can be seen much more clearly.

tinyurl.com/ydx37vz

(You'll need to copy and paste the link to your address bar)

Hi Phage
In the video you link to, that is indeed ice.
In the posted video, though, I think it is just a light reflection. There is a light bloom at around 30 secs into the video which I think confirms a light reflection, IMO.
Regards

[edit on 24-2-2010 by V1g0r0u5]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thanks for the link.
On that account, it claims that the UFO was filmed in Paris. Did the original uploader ever come out and admit that particular one was a fake, or is that just speculation? Thanks for your help.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
reply to post by nablator

Did the original uploader ever come out and admit that particular one was a fake, or is that just speculation?

Of course it is speculation. This video was quite popular in 2007, I'm sure it has been commented here already. Most people (including me, a professional 3D software designer) speculate that this video is fake, just like the other one, posted the same day, also supposedly shot in Paris. That one, a drone flying low in a street, would have been seen by many people if it were real. Just like any UFO video on Youtube, it's going to be posted a hundred times with different titles. "New amazing UFO video bla bla".

Some talented artists do nice CGI videos and like to have a laugh at the expense of believers. Don't take anything on Youtube seriously unless it is backed up by solid sources. In this case no testimony, no date, no confirmation, no nothing.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Hi

Regards

is static object isnt..

IMO, camera is most definitely not static! If it was static, the manmade object would be travelling on quite an erratic path. I see the camera constanly adjusting to keep the main object centered.

As i said, IMO.

Regards

I agree with you that the camera was probably not static in the image of the shuttle fuel tank.

That video was filmed by an astronaut holding a camera and pointing out the window while following the fuel tank as it re-entered. Not static.

I've seen that video before and my first impression was "window glare". The glare definitely moves with the movement of the camera.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

join