It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk me! please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i was driving through Connecticut, (somers specifically), and as i happened to look up in the sky i saw a thin, compact, white exhaust. However, this exhaust was zig-zagging from the left horizon all the way to about 80% of the full horizon..now the best part is there were planes flying to the left and right with a NOTICEABLE difference in exhaust. (being cloudy and wispy like most planes..not solid white and thin without wisp) im very curious as to what i witnessed and if it was possibly a paranormal happening? any thoughts? (this happened around feb.19-21) however i needed to post 20 times before i could share this with you...please DEBUNK ME

[edit on 24-2-2010 by asala]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
How can you be debunked without a photo?
All we have is your word that you seen a strange con trail.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It was moving from the left horizon to where? I can't follow the explanation well enough to work out what this thing was doing. Could you elaborate a little? It sounds interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

the contrail moved left from the horizon across the entire sky in a tight zigzag fashion..i was driving so i could not stop to take a picture. the contrail soon disappeared but not in a normal way like a plane, it didnt slowly disperse it just kind of..was gone. either way i mean debunk me as in do you know of any man-made object that can make a zigzag contrail?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwalk420
i was driving through Connecticut, (somers specifically), and as i happened to look up in the sky i saw a thin, compact, white exhaust.
~no time for camera phone?

However, this exhaust was zig-zagging from the left horizon all the way to about 80% of the full horizon..
~how do you know which way it's going?

now the best part is there were planes flying to the left and right with a NOTICEABLE difference in exhaust. (being cloudy and wispy like most planes..not solid white and thin without wisp)
~okay so it's a different kind of plane than what you're seeing

im very curious as to what i witnessed and if it was possibly a paranormal happening?
~whaa? here is where the leap occurred.

any thoughts? (this happened around feb.19-21) however i needed to post 20 times before i could share this with you...
please DEBUNK ME

~you're welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I knight the Sir Debunkes.

You are now officially debunked.

Thank you and have a great day.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Chances are, the planes were at way different altitudes, so winds could be very different, accounting for the differences in the contrails...just a thought, anyhow...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by moonwalk420
i was driving through Connecticut, (somers specifically), and as i happened to look up in the sky i saw a thin, compact, white exhaust.
~no time for camera phone?

However, this exhaust was zig-zagging from the left horizon all the way to about 80% of the full horizon..
~how do you know which way it's going?

now the best part is there were planes flying to the left and right with a NOTICEABLE difference in exhaust. (being cloudy and wispy like most planes..not solid white and thin without wisp)
~okay so it's a different kind of plane than what you're seeing

im very curious as to what i witnessed and if it was possibly a paranormal happening?
~whaa? here is where the leap occurred.

any thoughts? (this happened around feb.19-21) however i needed to post 20 times before i could share this with you...
please DEBUNK ME

~you're welcome.

camera phone? no. it was too high of an elevation and it would have been too low of a resolution. if it is a different kind of plane i would love to hear your suggestions. i was mainly saying that it was a tight zigzag contrail..that of which a man made plane (to my knowledge) cannot make..now tell me sir, if you saw a zigzag thin white contrail moving from left to right ( i knew this because the contrail originated from the left horizon, made it almost completely to the other horizon but not quite..ending suddenly in "mid flight" you could say. the contrail also seemed as if it were ascending and then was just gone....help me out here, this isn't normal

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwalk420

different planes produce different types of exhaust and you were probably high, based on your username

seriously though, who knows without pictures.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwalk420

the contrail was making zigzags of about a football field in length back and forth roughly forty times until it stopped..i continued driving and saw it just kind of disappearing, not expanding and dispersing but almost dispersing inwards you could say. I want to be clear that the planes flying were at a lower altitude..and the contrails were clearly visible and very distinguishable about the contrail i had seen from said "aircraft"

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can not debunk you and here is why. Last October a friend called me and said what the H#$l is that?...What I say? She says go outside and look up...So out I go, and up I look. There is trail going from horizon to horizon, east to west. I was floored!!! I just stared. I called my neighbor, "Go outside and look up", she too saw it. I called another local friend, she too saw it. I called my sister-in-law who is about 100 miles away, she could not see it. I called some friends about 30 miles east of here, they, however could see it. The line moved slowly but surely across the sky to the north until it was out of sight. I live right outside of a military instillation in Ky. I did not get any pictures, so it must not be true, I did however get sick within 72 hours of seeing this line. I stayed sick until the first of the year. I don't know what it was, but if I ever see one again you can bet your sweet backside I won't stand outside and gawk at it. lol

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by recycled
I can not debunk you and here is why. Last October a friend called me and said what the H#$l is that?...What I say? She says go outside and look up...So out I go, and up I look. There is trail going from horizon to horizon, east to west. I was floored!!! I just stared. I called my neighbor, "Go outside and look up", she too saw it. I called another local friend, she too saw it. I called my sister-in-law who is about 100 miles away, she could not see it. I called some friends about 30 miles east of here, they, however could see it. The line moved slowly but surely across the sky to the north until it was out of sight. I live right outside of a military instillation in Ky. I did not get any pictures, so it must not be true, I did however get sick within 72 hours of seeing this line. I stayed sick until the first of the year. I don't know what it was, but if I ever see one again you can bet your sweet backside I won't stand outside and gawk at it. lol

very cool..at least i know im not the only person who has seen something of this calibur. im gad someone on ATS could help out in some way. but heres the thing..was yours zigzagging in any way?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Nope not zigzag in any way...Just straight across the sky...But I'd dare say, straight, zigzag, spiral, etc. it's all connected somehow...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Without a photo or any evidence it is hard to debunk. All anyone can do is call you a liar.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Have you never been to an airshow? the size of zigzag that you are explaining is not all THAT tight. It was probably someone hot rodding with an aircraft...perhaps practicing for an airshow.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dude, it was probably a plane or something. There's not a whole lot more to say. Did you take some pictures or something? Can you draw some kind of drawing to show what you mean?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You are debunked on the premise that you have no evidence to support your claim. That's the best anyone can do, until you present some kind of evidence which can then be identified as something else.

new topics

top topics

join