It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty queen cites Bible for gay death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
What part isn't clear about "New" Testament?

"New."

Nothing is more ugly than stupid.

And for King James Version it's Newer Testament

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

So you don't believe the good book to be the word of god but rather the vague allegories of god

am I correct?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

that's cause christian means follower of christ not follower of torah. torah is written by people. moses and etc, were people. yeshua (that's jesus) even points out that moses made up some laws to fit the circumstance of their situation, but people took those laws to be from the mouth of god. yeshua then revealed that if we were to know the truth of it, it would be much worse than we think. because even thinking about sinning was equivalent to sinning in god's sight. the point he was making was, ain't no body innocent, that policing your own thoughts is a good place to start, but pointing fingers at others sins when you are incapable of being sinless yourself, is WRONG.

so i like yeshua's approach. it basically says, everybody's on the same boat together. get along. quit worrying about what the other guy does and police your own space. but he didn't just mean that for his followers. he meant it for you too.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Read my up coming thread and then you will see what I think

second line

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwalk420

'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:18

Is that a misinterpretation?

Why do so many people find the hateful words and ignore the loving words?

As a Catholic my church sees the bible as part allegory and part inspired word/fact.

Death in my bible means no eternal life. You want to sin? God WILL NOT STOP YOU. it's your choice to lay with whomever you want. Humans are not allowed to judge "Judge not lest ye be judged."

We follow rules. We belive those rules will get us closer to God and sooner then you who don't follow the rules but WE DON"T KNOW if we are going to heaven. ONLY GOD knows that.

Lead a perfect life and commit one horrendous sin. Are you going to heaven? NO ONE KNOWS BUT GOD!

Lead a sinful life and change to become an earthbound saint. Will that get you to heaven? NO ONE KNOWS BUT GOD!

Please don't confuse the person and the religion. People sin. Religion is given by a God who knows no sin.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
To all the Christians here that say "New" is the way forward....To you I say Bravo....Thats exactly the point and message that Christian needs to spread internally through its ranks.

I read the bible front to back several times....being an EX Christian myself...and the old testament is the reason.

New testament however has very little fault. I'm no christian, but I will serve people and help spread peace and love, compassion and all the other good stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
To all the Christians here that say "New" is the way forward....To you I say Bravo....Thats exactly the point and message that Christian needs to spread internally through its ranks.

I read the bible front to back several times....being an EX Christian myself...and the old testament is the reason.

New testament however has very little fault. I'm no christian, but I will serve people and help spread peace and love, compassion and all the other good stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwalk420
secondly, the bible was in hebrew and was translated..words and meanings are lost in translation all the time..it could have meant something entriely different but is interpreted as ALL GAYS WILL DIE..

That's exactly what happened. In fact, the bible (original) didn't condemn homosexuality at all, but rather said WHERE it shouldn't take place. In the bed of a woman.

There was no Hebrew word that meant "homosexual." Thus, whenever the word is seen in an English translation of the Bible, one should be wary that the translators might be inserting their own prejudices into the text.
The NGPA has produced a word-for-word translation of the original Hebrew. 4 In English, with minimal punctuation added, they rendered it as: "And with a male thou shalt not lie down in beds of a woman; it is an abomination.

The Bible and Homosexuality

That aside, the pretty little girl has the right to voice her opinions, as misinformed as they are, just as everyone does. Will it hurt her chances? Now that it's in the news, probably.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fumanchu
Well surely if you believe the word of God to be absolute, and God said homosexuality is an abomination, you must believe that homosexuality is an abomination.

Then here's my question. God is this all powerful, all knowing being, so why in the
he comes down to Earth and Kill all the homo's himself, both man and woman?

Originally posted by fumanchu
Otherwise you may as well just throw your bible away and pass it all off as nonsense (maybe not such a bad idea). Unless people suggest she be one of those half assed christians who just pick and choose which parts of the word of God they like.

Pretty much a good Idea, I find that even though I contains great wisdom, the Jews who wrote it back then were racist, hating types of people. We call them today the KKK and such.

But please don't mistake my words in saying that All Jews are this or that, there's bad apples with every group of people as there are good people everywhere in the world. It has been my experience when somebody says that Good (INSERT RELIGIOUS GROUP OF YOUR CHOICE) people always answers the call. To me I fear these people hidden motives to really helping you out

Here we see that some anti wisdom sayings got stuck in a book saying it's from a all commanding being.
Couldn't help the author (A
human being) also agreed with these words.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lets simplify folks...

If you try to follow a book written over 2000 years ago (whether the Bible, Torah, Koran, etc.), and take it literally, then we'd all be killing each other over simply speaking against another's god....

Was a different time, and different rules applied.

Modern Christians (or modern followers of any religion) MUST pick and choose what is still relevant, or else revert back to those times of stonings, beheadings, etc.

As for kind and loving God...take a look at that Old Testament once in a while, hehe...

He wasn't so warm and fuzzy prior to the Council of Nicea's decision regarding the divinity of Christ, etc.

Does the Bible say homosexuality is a sin? Yes
Does the Bible say you should kill an enemy's women and cut out their unborn children? Yes

So are you really going to apply EVERYTHING in it, to current life? Hopefully not...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I like this girl...
I´d even marry her,
With her looks and my brains our kid would be fantastic...
If it´s the other way around the poor bas*ards would´nt stand a chance in life....god she is one stupid hillybilly.

Find America on a map...this bitch could´nt even find her nose on her face.

[edit on 22/02/2010 by andy1972]

[edit on 22/02/2010 by andy1972]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you are only going to pick and choose and follow a portion of the bible, then why follow it at all?

I mean what's the point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join