It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty queen cites Bible for gay death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Beauty queen cites Bible for gay death

news.ninemsn.com.au

Another US beauty queen has caused controversy with an anti-gay rant — this time citing Bible passages that call for death to homosexuals.

"In Leviticus it says, 'if man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination — they shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them'," she was quoted as saying.

"If (God) says that having sex with someone of the same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning … an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well here we go again!!!

But you know what, is this ignorance really her fault?
Some people were taught the bible in school were they not, growing up. And if what you lean growing up shapes you to who you are in the future... is it really her fault?

Yes I know people will say that oh first yesterday that cult thread and today this. Well.. I didn't force her to say these things, I just read the article and thought it was worth a discussion!

Thoughts?

news.ninemsn.com.au

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well surely if you believe the word of God to be absolute, and God said homosexuality is an abomination, you must believe that homosexuality is an abomination. Otherwise you may as well just throw your bible away and pass it all off as nonsense (maybe not such a bad idea). Unless people suggest she be one of those half assed christians who just pick and choose which parts of the word of God they like.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Well here we go again!!!

Some people were taught the bible in school were they not, growing up. And if what you lean growing up shapes you to who you are in the future... is it really her fault?

Yes I know people will say that oh first yesterday that cult thread and today this. Well.. I didn't force her to say these things, I just read the article and thought it was worth a discussion!

Thoughts?

news.ninemsn.com.au

My god here we go again is right... She thinks marriage is between man and women. That doesnt make her Anti-Gay, She in your own article states the she has many gay friends, and they understand her and she respects there opinions.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

That's a toughie, no doubt about it. I try to remember that aspect, but then I think back to some things that I was taught growing up and I would not even consider using those teachings nor would I expect to be excused on the basis of being taught such things as a child. I do pity her, though. It takes so much effort to be unkind, and so little effort to be good to others.

She will be in my prayers, she needs them.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
"Do not think that i have come to bring peace to the earth, i do not bring peace but bring the sword". matthew 10.34.

"And he that hath no sword let him sell his blanket and buy one...For i say to you that which is written is still to be acomplished by me, for the things concerning me have an end. So they said "Lord look, two swords" and he said to them "it is enough". Luke 22.35

This rot about the bible being all "love thy neighbour", peace , harmony etc..you´ve only got to read it to know that Jesus was more than prepared to lead the rebellion against rome, with the sword and the flame.

The good book isnt so good.

It preaches in leviticus that if your sons disobedient you have to take him out of town and let the local men stone him to death.

If there gay...kill ém.

[edit on 22/02/2010 by andy1972]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
She in your own article states the she has many gay friends, and they understand her and she respects there opinions.

Oh if I had a dollar for every time I heard that...

Its sort of like a racist saying "Blacks are obviously a different species of human, and not as intelligent as whites, but I have lots of black friends!"

--

ETA: What she says, from above linked article:

"If (God) says that having sex with someone of the same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning … and he knows more than we do about life."

But I have gay friends! I don't really mean for my opinion to upset my gay friends! Just all the ones that aren't my friends!

[edit on 2/24/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If we're going to split hairs here, let me be the first.

A man cannot lay with a man in the same way as a woman, because men don't have vaginas - there is a difference stylistically in the main kind of penetrative sex (generally?).

So it's cool, although gods law and it's application to post-op transexuals might be a different thing.

link   
Have I misinterpreted the bible? This is about politicians isnt it? they're liars.
The Bible is the word of god, that means I'm Right and you're all wrong.

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i would like to point of the stupidity of bible thumpers. firstly, the king james bible which most of us own, was edited by king james..he omitted some stories and left some..so who's to say he didnt add anything or change anything he saw fit? secondly, the bible was in hebrew and was translated..words and meanings are lost in translation all the time..it could have meant something entriely different but is interpreted as ALL GAYS WILL DIE..stupidity. the moment everyone in the world opens their eyes like those of us privileged enought to be on ATS is the moment from which we can finally move on without ignorance

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

No its not, she has her opinion, she doesn’t think gays should be allowed to marry that is her right to say it.... Blacks have nothing to do with this.. This about a women using her first amendment rights. Now if she said, all Gays should be hung and burned in the street, then I would agree with you. But she didn’t she stated her opinion, because she believes Jesus is the Lord and Light of the Earth does not make her wrong or Misguided. We are allowed to have our own opinions.

For Jesus himself teaches That man is weak and we are easy to succumb to sin, but he will save you if you let him....

If you don’t believe me then look were fighting the same battles today that were being fought 2,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fumanchu
Well surely if you believe the word of God to be absolute, and God said homosexuality is an abomination, you must believe that homosexuality is an abomination. Otherwise you may as well just throw your bible away and pass it all off as nonsense (maybe not such a bad idea). Unless people suggest she be one of those half assed christians who just pick and choose which parts of the word of God they like.

I agree. If you are christian, you should follow the "good" book to a T. She's just lookng for "crownie points".

I will respect the pageant queen's religion when she's discussing how she plans stoning to death her future children for disobeying her commands.

"I will not tolerate an unruly child of mine and will gather the communty to stone my children to death should they act in an inappropriate manner." Afterall, the bible says so."

Of course at the pageant winners dining celebration they will be serving shellfish and a honey baked ham on a Friday.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well here we go again!!!

Thoughts?

For starters, just because society has these 'people I'd most like to breed with' contests, it doesn't follow that they actually have anything worthwhile to impart to us. It's not like we are waking up next to said 'beauty queens' and are compelled to find something to talk about. So ulitimately...who cares what they have to say? Is that too shrill for a response? More coffee then...

Really though...if you are going to cite Leviticus, you'd better buy into the whole package...which presents the choice of either being a fanatical fundamentalist wing-nut, or Bible-thumpin' homophobe. I love to cite the popular "Letter to Dr. Laura" at this point.

Dear Dr. Laura: Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan, J. Kent Ashcraft

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why is it that beautifull women often lack intelligence?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

have you ever heard of a fit model that can think for her self?

and on the topic, wont say what faith i am
but seriously Faith contradicts its self so much.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwalk420
i would like to point of the stupidity of bible thumpers. firstly, the king james bible which most of us own, was edited by king james..he omitted some stories and left some..so who's to say he didnt add anything or change anything he saw fit?

Seriously?

The problem isn't with the Bible or with God. The problem is with people attempting to interpret spiritual things with a carnal mind. You can't cherry pick a verse here and a verse there and expect to have it result in anything other than jabberwocky.

Spiritual things are discerned spiritually. You either have a mind set for it, or you don't. Once upon a time, the Church forbade anyone other than priests from even owning a Bible, much less reading and interpreting it. Of course, that presented its own set of problems, not to mention a good part of the world was illiterate, and even those who could read couldn't afford any book, much less the Bible.

Today, everyone has multiple access to multiple versions and translations and yet so few have any real comprehension about it.

"Ooh, here's a verse look what this says." Too bad for those people. Maybe some some day some of them will be motivated enough and inspired enough to do the requisite study and contemplation to begin to have a grasp.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Everybody has the potential to be stoopid...but it is the attractive ones that are more likely to be put into the public eye in spectacles such as this, which is to say, given an audience. Frankly, ever since they stopped throwing the winners into volcanoes as gifts to the gods...Beauty Contests have lost all credibility with me.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Or is it that woman who lack intelligence learn to use their beauty?

Regarding the OP... This is the sort of comment that encourages hate towards gay people... disgusting comment from a silly little girl!!!

However, not all Christians hate gay people... I am a Christian... one of my role models, when i was younger, was a gay man... He was also a Christian. The fact that he was gay meant nothing... he was warm, caring intelligent funny and one of the most ethical and moral people i have ever known.

People who quote little passages and snippets from the bible appear to have simply googled "bible and gay hate" to come up with quotes!! If you read the bible as a whole... you will see that, for Christians, the overall message is love, forgiveness, peace, and to not judge!

I could find single line quotes and paragraphs from most books that would make it appear evil or wicked!!

But... for you quote hungry people...

“Judge not for ye shall be judged”
“Let him without sin cast the first stone”

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And once again I keep asking myself why you people care what a "beauty queen"'s opinion is on anything?? It's so ridiculous. Just another excuse to bash whatever is out there that you don't like.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Or is it that woman who lack intelligence learn to use their beauty?

Or is it that beautiful women feel that in our society if you have beauty that's enough to get by

However, not all Christians hate gay people... I am a Christian... one of my role models, when i was younger, was a gay man... He was also a Christian. The fact that he was gay meant nothing

Because of that is it possible to say that you don't follow the Bible to a 'T'?

People who quote little passages and snippets from the bible appear to have simply googled "bible and gay hate" to come up with quotes!! If you read the bible as a whole... you will see that, for Christians, the overall message is love, forgiveness, peace, and to not judge!

But as a poster said above, aren't you doing the same?
Aren't both you and the people that you are referring to cherry pick biblical quotes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join