It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want an all seeing eye? You got it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't no if it was mentioned in a previous reply. Sorry if it is.

Here in the Netherlands there was a commercial what promoted, Text messaging. To find a friend.

It seemed to work very well. I know some of my friend got in trouble with the misses because she used this to locate them.
They were actually with some one else and told me they didn't left it on during the time they were well... having fun

I assume this works using the same technology.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Wait, you mean like in The Dark Knight? Yeah, did some digging when that movie came out and at best you can get a ruff idea of where objects are if you have equipment in the broadcasting device (cell phone) to "ping" the objects.

This is science fiction for right now. It might be possible in the future, but right now this has zero credibility.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It would appear that the little camera on the MAC is only one way they can view personal activities.
This is like a movie...
Thanks XXXN3O for another example of science fiction becoming science fact!

When the power of LOVE overcomes the Love of power, the world will know Peace! -Jimi Hedrix

LOVE

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
why do they need new radars to see where people are going?
cant everyone just sence when people are around?

i know im differnt, but i thought everyone was able to do that, thus if you could sence where people are, why watch thier acting with radars and other technogly?

Like sometimes i have visions of what my friends/family are doing at the very moment or will do in a few hours/days/months

I know this isnt the best place to state all of this, but everyone else has these traits too right?

an all seeing eye, is something everyone has the potenional for, its not something you need technogly to see, thats what i find very funny about people, they depend on technogly sooo much that they are useless without it lol

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Anyone one know how to block these signals? I don't care if their unjust laws make it illegal or not. I heard awhile back about a guy who mixes lead in his house paint. I think this could be one of the main reasons they got rid of lead paint... Its seems your only safe living underground these days....

[edit on 24-2-2010 by (C2C)]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ah Roke Manor - about a mile from where I live and know a few people who work for them... very clever company. Not a high-security place either.

I would not worry right now - but as always, its the tech that stems from this in several years that will be more capable.

The current tech reveals you as a blob - it cant show 'you', you cant be 'distinguished'.... and note this generally works when you are in the perfect environment - look at the PDF from the OP and you'll notice the guy stood in a perfect acoustic room which then resolves to a blob showing the person. This is not going to be resolving you in your house where they can tell what you are doing... heck the receivers to do this tech will need to be a lot more clever and powerful.... but - it is the start and could be scary stuff in the wrong hands... S+F OP.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Logging is nothing new when it comes the internet, and electronic transactions. It's always been there.

I happen to know a lot about data and logging as I have worked in the business intelligence field for years. I'm pretty certain I know what kinds software all of the Alphabet Soup Agencies use to mine this mountain of data.

So here's the deal in terms of monitoring. They will do 2 types of monitoring. 1.) Passive, just collecting data, which can be queried later. Most of the data is this, so if you're not doing anything besides coming here and expressing free speech, I seriously doubt you're on a list. In fact Visa might know about you more than your government. 2.) Active real time or near real time data collection and reporting. This is interesting. If you are a known associate of people plotting terrorist activities, have visited a camp that trains terrorists, belong to any fringe groups hell bent on bringing the government down, then you are probably being monitored. Other things that might catch their attention would be large purchases of weapons, ammo or anything in quantity that could be used as a weapon etc.

So everyone should breath a little easier, chances are you are not being actively monitored. At worst you might be investigated only to find out that you are not a threat. Enjoy your freedom of speech, disagree with your government just don't be violent and you won't have anything to worry about.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by davec0021]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)
Anyone one know how to block these signals? I don't care if their unjust laws make it illegal or not. I heard awhile back about a guy who mixes lead in his house paint. I think this could be one of the main reasons they got rid of lead paint... Its seems your only safe living underground these days....

[edit on 24-2-2010 by (C2C)]

Go find my first post in this thread, the method is pretty simple for a building and the methodology is passive. For person or vehicular use, active systems are necessary that both sense the surrounding EMF, invert it and send it back out again, but you would require a fairly detailed knowledge of electronics to design your own device. You would need to use however bipolar transistors and IC amplifiers as ultra high speed is required and propagation delay in the circuit has to be held to a minimum in order to invert the signal, amplify it and get it back out. One day, I may put up the schematics, but as I said in the other thread, this is a defensive device.

Funny, in another different thread someone asked how to defeat the camera systems, I explained that one as well...LOL.

I should add that what is also interesting is that any directed EMF or sound, can be nullified. This would mean of course that with the right defensive technology, both sound/sonic and microwave/ultrasonic weapons can be made literally harmless.

Anyone out there want to put some big bucks into defensive technologies usable against offensive "terrorist" weapons?

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 2/24.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Interesting.. it still doesn't really phase me. Anyone watching me is gonna have a real boring time of it.

The right to privacy was one of the first rights to go away. Seems we spent the first two centuries in this country fighting for rights, minority rights, women's rights, etc and now most of our rights seem to be receding.

The box keeps getting smaller and I don't see any hope of a mass awakening, people seem content in their cages, too afraid to bite the hand that feeds all their addictions.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First some facts.

Celldar is in development by roke ( owned by Siemens Corp) and BAE Systems.

The primary use of celldar is military, it can detect stealth or under "normal" radar units, aka terrorists.

Notice they also use acoustic detectors.

It does not give you a very realistic real time image, but it can pinpoint your position and basic shape/size.

Think of it as a fuzzy shape, I'm sure over the next few years (10+) the imaging and pattern recognition will become better.

Law enforcement wants to use this tool to track down your location, for instance a stolen car. In the hands of the wrong person of course they can track anything they want to really.

They can also co-ordinate your location with your actual cell phone if your carrying one and get a live audio signal.

It is best suited to track moving objects. When towers bounce signals around the surrounding area it filters out fixed objects such as trees, rocks, , etc. Your best bet to avoid detection is to stand still and look like a tree

So you have 2 things really to think about, the cell phone tower and your actual cell phone.

In terms of protecting yourself from the tower you can either jam or block the signal. The military uses signal noise to jam the towers but I don't know offhand of any signal noise generators for civilians. You basically want to make it so noisy the celldar just sees a blizzard of data.

Of course jamming a signal is going to get a lot more attention then staying hidden, so its best suited for large operations , like military ones.

The process of shielding is more complicated and expensive but there are shielding products out there such as this one offered by Mitsubishi www.docstoc.com...

Or you can simply go to a spot that signals cannot penetrate like a well built basement, metal room, or cave, or somewhere far from a tower.

There are company's that sell emi shielding paint, so get to painting your walls.

You can google "emi shielding" for more products.

As for you cellphone itself there are security products to shield it from outside signals ( such as someone snooping and turning your audio signal on). I know there is a company that alerts you to covert cellphone use. For instance your in a boardroom meeting and a spy turns his cell phone on to a remote listener, or hides a dummy off phone in a drawer that is covertly listening or tracking your position. There are devices that detect this "use".

Shield your cellphone and camouflage yourself, there is a lot of signal noise out there.

Interesting.. it still doesn't really phase me. Anyone watching me is gonna have a real boring time of it.

Ya I think this apply's to 99% of people, paranoids included.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by wtfhuh]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would like to suggest that we all have a little fun at "big brother's" expense.

Why don't we all start putting our cell phones under a metal plate when not in use; When we use them, stand next to a microwave oven; while we are talking use the words bomb - explosive- overthrow and others of the like.

The metal plate will block their locator signals; The static from the oven will confuse the satellite recievers; The words which I suggested will overload their "suspect words" sorting systems.

It would not take very long before you could tell exactlly where the listening posts were from watching the smoke billow from the tops of the buildings.

I can just imagine what the listeners will think as the whole system does a meltdown!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Just to add in case nobody takes the time to look. The company responsible for this is Siemens..

Just for what matters, Siemens was one the main German companies that funded the Nazi party, during the '30s, and developed comm-technologies to Nazi military during the WWII.

Nazi German Industry

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is absolute rubbish. It is true that the police can see where you are using triangulation if you have a mobile phone but to say that they can create a 3D image similar to radar using phone signals is complete rubbish. Mobile phones use radio waves which reflect very little if anything back off a surface and do so in a very random manner. Modern radar is still decades off being what is describes in this thread and that is using waves which are much much more suited to the purpose. In order for them to form a 3D image of something then the mobile radio waves will have to be bounced back to a reciever. Firstly, radio doesnt bounce (enough to make it significant) and second the reciever would have to be so huge (as large as a football field) that it would make it rather obvious and very expensive.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Quote one single place that I have mentioned the police using this as fact in this thread.

I did however quote an article written in 2002 that mentioned the police.

This does not change the fact that celldar is in development.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was about to start a thread about lack of service on my blackberry inside Blockbuster Video. I have notice that Blockbuster has signs in their stores notifying customers that there is a Blockbuster app for the iphone. I have noticed every time I go into Blockbuster recently, my browser will not work, while the iphone does...I was beginning to wonder if Blockbuster was blocking/jamming the signal so that only iphone owners could get service within the walls of the store. I guess they don't based upon this:

Deliberate Interference The use of any apparatus, whether or not wireless telegraphy apparatus, for the purpose of interfering with any wireless telegraphy, is an offence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006. It is an indictable offence that on conviction in Crown Court carries a maximum penalty of two years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. The courts can also order forfeit of any apparatus used in the commission of the offence.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't let them terrorize you and make you live in fear. They suffer from information overload. The sheer volume of data they collect is their greatest weakness. Their most precious resource is the time needed to analyze it. They have to make choices and "mine" (dig through) data. If they target the wrong individual(s) and waste time mining bad data that means someone will be able to fly an airplane into a federal building because the good data/"intelligence" was overlooked. The best thing you can do is to keep them chasing ghosts and looking in the wrong direction. Misdirection isn't just for magicians and illusionists, it works for information warfare too.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Sorry I didnt mean to have a dig at you. I was just a bit annoyed at seeing all the paranoid people think that big brother government is watching them using this tech. Its interesting stuff and still in its early stages but it works like a more advanced version of the triangulation technique currently used by the police which involved measuring the distance the waves travel from your mobile phone to various recievers at different locations. This creates a general area of where you are. Kinda like a point on a map. This technology is one step up from this and measures interference as well for example if you have a wall to one side of you then the signal hitting the reciever on that side will be weaker than the others. It doesnt give them a detailed view of the room you are in though. They just may be able to pinpoint which room in a building you are in or whether you are in a car. It does require that person to have a mobile phone though as it is the phones signals that the recievers are reading, not their own signals being bounced off objects. If I have understood the technology correctly then the "picture" they have gets less accurate according to how many things the radio waves have passed through, with larger denser things being easier to detect. For example the interference a car will cause will be rather large but the objects in the car wont create much, hence they can tell you are in a car but not what else is in the car, if you understand me.

Forgive the tone of the last post, it wasnt directed at you, I just get tired of the paranoia which is all over ATS

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Maybe the 3D images will be generated from the internet devices on cell and smart-phones. Sorry If I'm being ignorant to this subject, but I assume it's possible this spy system is towards to wi-fi connections, not common phone radio signals...

[edit on 24-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Damn, that means they can see me do the "five knuckle shuffle"

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:

This device may not cause harmful interference.

This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

=)

Next thing you'll know is that Air waves will have to be licensed and that you will be forbidden to breath within 50 feet of any device containing the above warning!!!....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join