It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Took Weapons From Military Using 'South Park' Alias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Blackwater Took Weapons From Military Using 'South Park' Alias

www.huffingtonpost.com

The inquiry by the Senate Armed Services Committee found that contractors for Paravant, the Blackwater subsidiary under investigation, also took hundreds of weapons intended for the Afghan National Police. On at least one occassion, someone signing for a weapons shipment used the name "Eric Cartman."

Blackwater personnel appear to have gone to exceptional lengths to obtain weapons from U.S. military weapons storehouses intended for use by the Afghan police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
washingtonindependent.com

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"Screw you guys, I'm running guns in Afghanistan!!!"
-Eric Cartman

Seriously? The Creators of South Park must be having a laugh and a half over this incident. I doubt the creators of South Park will be able to leave this issue unaddressed in a future episode of the Comedy Central series.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

That's hilarious
I thought Blackwater were raking in money from security contracts nobody else wants.

I like that it says Blackwater personnel appear to have gone to exceptional lengths to obtain weapons from U.S. military weapons storehouses intended for use by the Afghan police.

Thats exceptional lengths? All they've done is sign themself as Cartman!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Blackwater I have no idea of why they would have to take someone else's guns. The guys at Xe are armed to the teeth and can get any guns they want. WTH would they want with some AR's of AK's? There MUST be more to this story.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
As much as I dislike Blackwater I have no idea of why they would have to take someone else's guns. The guys at Xe are armed to the teeth and can get any guns they want. WTH would they want with some AR's of AK's? There MUST be more to this story.

Because they are mercenaries, they do not care about any one country or mission.

Some people are focusing on the part of some Blackwater employee using a South Park character name and thinking this is funny, but it's far from funny, I find it outrageous. These people stole from the American taxpayers. And they stole weapons that were going to go to the Afghan military and police.

Just another example, out of many, we've been shown that using mercenaries and giving them broad or undefined ROEs, not prosecuting them when they commit crimes, these people start to think they can do whatever the hell they want—be it stealing from the US military or killing innocent people and covering it up.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Huffington Post: EXCLUSIVE Interview With The Creators Of 'South Park' - Duo Talks About Their Personal Politics, Blackwater Scandal Involving 'Eric Cartman'

News broke this week that a Blackwater subsidiary was arming violent drug users in Afghanistan. They took hundreds of weapons intended for the Afghan National Police and at least one of them (probably more) signed for the shipments with the name "Eric Cartman."

When I asked "South Parks"'s creators what they thought of these men co-opting their character they were completely unfazed. "It makes perfect sense. It's the name I would use," Trey Parker said. "Our first reaction to any story is 'How do we put this into the show?' and the second reaction is 'Did Cartman do that?' because he's so real to us it's like 'I bet Cartman did that.'"

"I saw that and thought, 'Wow, Cartman did that? That's pretty cool. Sounds like something he would do,'" Matt Stone agreed.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

They would sell these weapons to anyone (and I do mean anyone) who can come up with the money to buy them.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Actually they are security contractors, not mercenaries.

Unless you want a designate a large number of Navy Seals, Scout Snipers, and Army Rangers unpatriotic meatheads who would just as soon join the Iraq's for the right price to kill American personnel.

That what youre getting at?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i know this is going to go down like a lead balloon on ats - but hey i must try

before getting over excited about this - just consider the posibility that they may have a damm good reason

corruption in the afghan police is rampant

cite one

[www.nytimes.com...] cite two [/url]

thus faced with the threat that the ordnance INTENDED for police use would instead end up in terrorist hands ,

then the principlal of " denied to the enemy " is a legitmate tactic to employ

by what ever means nessecary .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by converge

Unless you want a designate a large number of Navy Seals, Scout Snipers, and Army Rangers unpatriotic meatheads who would just as soon join the Iraq's for the right price to kill American personnel.

That what youre getting at?

Most of blackwater people are ex military and the US military personal are good at making do.
Just ask any ex sailor/navy seal what a Comshaw Artist is(Navy): A scrounge - procurement artist.

We were good back in my day in the navy at begging, borrowing or stealing what was needed for the ship.

The blackwater people just did what is natural for military people,
and what they were unofficially trained to do when they were in the military.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

You can come up with or perpetuate whatever euphemisms these so called “security contractors” like to be called, but it doesn't change one bit the fact that they are mercenaries.

Mercenaries fight for whatever country, corporation or individual that pays them to perform a mission. And that is what Blackwater and others do. Blackwater isn't exclusively employed by the US Government. Blackwater hires foreign soldiers. And Blackwater has sent foreign soldiers to fight in Iraq, as Jeremy Scahill has reported and written about in his book about Blackwater. That is the definition of mercenaries.

No I don't and I didn't. Please, don't distort my words. Navy Seals, Army Rangers and other members of the military are enlisted men and women who have taken an oath to protect the Constitution and obey the orders of the President. They are part of the armed forces of the country, which is a legitimate military organization as sanctioned by the Constitution and in international law.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Actually, they are mercenaries. Once they leave the US military they are no longer SEALS, Marines, or any other military designation: they are EX-SEALS, EX-Marines, EX-military. Now they are mercs, available for hire to kill Americans if that's what the boss tells them to do: a merc is in it for the money, not the idealogy; that's the definition of a merc.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I don't get it, why would Blackwater be taking guns from the military? Like a poster said above they are already armed to the teeth.

Just to mention, I live only a couple miles away from Blackwater and can often gunshots and explosions at my house.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I posted a video on here a long time ago that I found on Liveleak that was made by explosive ordinance detonation (EOD) contractors in Iraq. The video shows them handling a mind boggling amount of ordnance and blowing a lot of it up.

Link to video

These contractors have shown time and time again that they are playing by their own rules on the battlefield with our tax dollars.

Furthermore, I would not be surprised in the least if they were arming people on the other side of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan or even, dare I say it, carrying out operations either directly against US troops or operations that undermine the stated goals of the US.

One example that I've always wondered about is the bombing of the golden mosque in 2006 that set off a wave of nasty sectarian conflict in Iraq. The people that did it were dressed in Iraqi special forces uniforms and were very professional with the whole operation. It would make sense if the US was trying to "divide and conquer" Iraq.

The intelligence agencies of the US, Israel, and Pakistan are some of the shadiest people in the world. They act like the mafia in the way they do business and I would put nothing past them.

top topics

join