It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angel Flight Pack to tackle last frontier of aviation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Angel labs Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Enginehas been kind of dormant in the news of late, but Angel labs finds an Angel and will be
MYT engine to be demonstrated to Society of Automotive Engineers International (SAE)
Alternate Source
and you can join via web for the annual event in Portland May 15, 2010 from 12-2 pm.

Raphial has been enthusiastic about this opportunity to present and defend his revolutionary technology before a group of engineers who know automobile engines.

Raphial has asked us at PES Network to provide live web coverage for that event, encouraging us to charge a small fee, which will go toward helping PES, as a token of his appreciation for the encouragement and contacts we've directed his way. The Massive Yet Tiny Engine is listed in the Top 100 Clean Energy Technologies by PES' sister organization, the New Energy Congress If you wish to attend this event via the web, including the ability to lodge questions, you may sign upnow.

And another endevour of Raphial Morgado,

as a hobby, Morgado is pursuing an Angel Angel Flight Pack that would enable personal flight for as long as an hour.

Source

Here is the latest other than the up-coming SAE presentation;

Angel Flight Pack to tackle last frontier of aviation

Because of its ultra small and light size-to-power relationship, the Massive Yet Tiny engine is an ideal candidate for making personal flight packs, typically called 'jetpacks', a practical reality. Coming soon?

Last Monday I interviewed Raphial Morgado, inventor of the Massive Yet Tiny engine. After two years of silence, he announced on our show that his company, Angel Labs LLC is ready to go into production with their engine design, to retrofit existing vehicles.

He made the astonishing assertion that the power-to-size ratio, or energy density of his engine is so high that the engine size needed to retrofit an SUV would be a little larger than an alternator -- tiny in comparison -- even while having essentially the same cubic inch cylinder displacement. The resulting vehicle would have better performance, while achieving the mileage of a Prius.

And he is not talking out of some dream state. He has received some four million dollars and built several prototypes and has demonstrated them to thousands of people. In 2006 he won first place in the "Create the Future" contest by NASA-Emhart's Tech Briefs, competing against the likes of Boeing, Xerox, Caterpillar, Ford, GE, and other industry heavyweights.

AngelMe dFlight

Host Michael Raines with the MYT engine 2006 LA auto show
Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine Going to Production
The Mighty Engineˇ by Raphial Morgado
MYT Engine Inventor Raphial Morgado
Download Interview Audio File (12 Mb; mp3; 50 min)
SJSU Part 1: Raphial Morgado Setting up Mighty Yet Tiny Engine Demo
SJSU Part 4: Sterling Allan on Top 100 Free Energy Technologies; Mighty Yet Tiny Engine
SJSU Part 9: Q&A with Raphial Morgado at San Jose State University
SJSU Part 11: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Demo (1) by Raphial Morgado
SJSU Part 12: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Demo (2) by Raphial Morgado
SJSU Part 13: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Demo (3) by Raphial Morgado
SJSU Part 14: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Demo (4) by Raphial Morgado
SJSU Part 15: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Demo (5) by Raphial Morgado

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
this would be awesome if it go out to the public..the one thing that has always puzzled me about these "jetpacks" is that if they ever fail while in mid-flight (much like a car might fail in mid-drive) would you not plummet to the ground?? i smell lawsuits.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Flag and Star, I never heard of this engine before.

Yes you would, but if they compensate with some safety system like Martin Bakers eject sits, one would only need to be leveled up right and emergency rockets firing giving a safe altitude for a parachute to be deployed.

I would imagine also fly by wire systems using mainly small retro-thruster engines instead of a main engine and fuselage panels to apply a direction of movement for a flying vehicle.
It seems that a new era is dawning for aviation!

[edit on 24-2-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
well considering its 2010, it's about time. I thought we'd all be on hover boards by now like in back to the future.

top topics

join