It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin responds to US-NATO Threats: Russia Deploys Missiles on Western Frontier with European Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Kremlin responds to US-NATO Threats: Russia Deploys Missiles on Western Frontier with European Union

The Iskander Missiles as the Guarantee of Normal Coexistence of Russia and Europe

Russia went public with the plan to deploy the Iskander missiles at its western frontier – in the Kaliningrad region or on the territories of neighboring countries, but the process of probing into Washington's reaction is clearly taking too long. In politics, failure to appreciate the importance of acting quickly invariably creates problems, the above situation being a vivid example. The Iskanders are a remarkably potent weapon but it appears that Moscow risks playing the card as a minor element in the diplomatic game. One gets an impression that the threat to deploy the missiles in the Kaliningrad region has been aired too long for NATO on the whole or even Poland and the Czech Republic to take it seriously.

If this is the case and the powerful weapon is depreciated due to the evident lack of determination to use it, the adversary has reasons to conclude that the threat is nonexistent. In other words, NATO feels free to go on expanding east in line with its strategy and to disregard Russia's objections as verbiage.

Read the full article here

Excuse me if I'm reading this wrong but is the US basically ignoring Russian missiles? Because of some sort of time delay?

"threat is nonexistent"

And this is because Kaliningrad has been aired too long for NATO to take this seriously?

Is it me or does it seem that the US knows that there wont be an attack? Either that or they simply don't care... or if the article is being legit, then they really don't believe it's a credible threat. Either way, what the hell is going on?

*edit: I just want to add that I copied the article name exactly, I am in no way trying to cause panic or attention - from what I understand these are just plans to attack and have not been followed through with as of yet*

[edit on 24-2-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
NATO will continue to expand eastward, but it will be difficult...

Ukraine is now controlled by a guy that want an independant Ukraine from both Russia and NATO.

Georgia cannot possibly think of regaining South Ossetia and Abkhazia, doing so by military means would mean Russia taking over the whole of Georgia and a big international crisis. Not to mention that 2014 olympics are in Sochi, is a few miles from the Abkhazia-Russia border.

NATO should be dismantled, it serves no purpose other than to wage war and there's no enemy to face. Of course this goes against the warmongerer like Gates who says that Europe should re-militarize... which would further increase tensions with Russia.

For those missiles, yes they are dangerous, and yes putting interceptors in Poland is provocative as it reduces the effectiveness of a russian nuclear second strike.

From the article, I'm not sure...are those missiles being deployed right now or are they just plans? Because from everything I read, it's just plans.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The title was misleading to me as well, but yes after you read the article you see it's about "plans" to launch these missiles. I would change the thread title (not trying to gain attention so please don't bother saying I am) but it is an exact copy of the article title.

Regardless, plans or not, I'm wondering why this is labeled as a non-threat... Like I said, does the US/UN know something that everyone else doesn't? Or shall I say, what are they withholding?

join