It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My marriage is being healed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Praise God. He is working in wonderful ways. I didn't want to revive my old post, which is basically a rant against my husband and marriage.

This time I'm praising God for healing my marriage. Yes, I believe it is him. No matter how much we apologized to each other, we would still be angry with each other. We tried couples counseling, and that didn't work.

We finally prayed to Jesus, and brought God into the relationship. Our relationship has and is being healed. We are talking to a christian councilor, which is also helping. He is helping us to focus on God.

We are still going through struggles in life, but are starting to see things in a different light. We are starting to treat each other differently, and our kids. We are actually apologizing to each other, and meaning it. We are understanding each others view points. We are not as critical of each other. His temper is calming down a lot. He now realizes how he was affecting the kids and I. I'm starting to see how I was affecting him. There is hope.

There seems to be some hope with our finances. It doesn't seem all doom and gloom, and feeling I'm going to loose everything.

Thank you Jesus.

PS. Being single would not be better. I love him and my family. He is a part of me that I don't want to loose.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just keep those positive thoughts flowing...

By staying positive, you can't but help make everyone else feel the same way, when they are around you, and that's the key to the whole shabang.....

Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Good on you and your hubby, MysteryLady!

Sounds like you employed the tools that were for your use. It's a two-way street, as you know.

Hard not to quarrel when finances are rough. I suspect that you two will minimalize your lifestyle, become more self-sufficient, and maximize your love for each other.

Really good to hear a happy story; thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Gazrok Thanks. I'm trying my best to keep my thoughts positive. I think that is one of the hardest things for me to do, but it is one of the things I'm working on.

Argentus You hit the nail on the head. Instead of working on a minimalist approach, we are working on increasing the money coming in. I finally realize that a job isn't for him, but he needs to be in business for himself. Now that he has help from a mentor, I'm sure he will succeed.

Things are still a little rough, but God is showing me the way. I'm feeling better about myself and things, and taking small steps to improving my health.

I'm still employing the tools given to us by our councilor. One of the best is to take the time to make the other person is hearing you correctly, and that you are hearing the other person correctly. That has helped a lot.

top topics

join