It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From out of outside of the box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So have you ever though outside out of the whole, egotistical, way of thinking? The whole theory that we were put on Earth for a reason. Now excuse me if this is a little naive, because I'm only eighteen years old, and obviously not as wise as most people.

However, why exactly do we think the world is meant to be a place to abide by religion and our government? What makes that type of living so accepted among the populous of the world? I guess because it's as easy as it gets as far as getting through life without a real problem. To have someone else tell us how we should live our lives and that we should all live under the standard of "good" in order to please a higher power.

I respect religion more than anyone, but to think that a group of men or one superior man wrote a book depicting what makes us complete people is just in every way unethical. How anyone could even define something as good or bad is all a form of opinion, and when you think about it, those two words are all that matter. Either a person will agree with your way of thinking or doing, or not, and gain a personal respect on how well your beliefs relate to theirs. That is the whole secret to socializing, it's so simple but yet people think they are unable to approach certain others because they are seen as more important figures.

Anyway that's just bull# I'm talking. Why not take it a step further and think how ever more selfish we are. To actually think we are the most important of "God
s" creatures (and I don't debate a higher power for a second, but to think it lives in the form of a man is as humanly selfish as it gets). Where was religion whenever cavemen was around? They were just important as us, right? (I really dont like debating religion because it raises a pointless debate that will never end, so I will just stop here).

Then you have to take into question what set apart the cavemen from us. And the answer is language. Which, amazingly, is the same thing that religion is based off, a book. I don't even want to get into how corrupt government is and how the first group that came to power just kept finding ways to make less powerful people work for what they wanted.

Anyway back to what sets us apart from the cavemen besides language. And honestly a caveman is just about as intelligent as we were, looking at in on a large scale. Hell if the cavemen just evolved from a fish or small microrganism (which it probably did), then it just happened to become smarter than the rest of it's fellow species. I don't know the science how, and honestly don't really care that much. But somewhere down the line, one species devoted all of its "evolution points" to brain power and cavemen were the product. Capable of making trillions of more "decisions" at one time without having to concentrate on what they were doing. Like when you decide to play a video game, think about how many millions of decisions your brain makes in a split second. "Look at the focal point object, determine what it is, the definition of it, what it does, how it relates to the situation, how to control it using your hands on the controller, in what way your fingers move in order to execute you want to do). Blah blah blah.

And yet again you might come to the realization that our whole way of thinking, what sets us apart from dogs is the written form of language. A dog might be capable of comprehending a video game, but without a way of official language, there is no way for him to prove to himself what it means. If we didnt have words, we could stare at a blank walls for hours and not have any way of processing what its called how to describe it or what it does. Everything we know and do is just a former idea passed down by an ancestor that we believe is right.

In theory, we are just so much more intelligent than other creatures, the only reason we contemplate why we are here is because our and ancestors brains all created it and instilled it in our heads to make sense when it means not.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well it seems like your shooting the right path higher power with out the religion dogmatic fear induced mind killing state.

I would say that we probably didn't have words A friend and I get into this discussion a lot but it's all about feelings. Without words to be a form of control we would have to rely on feelings and some form of empathy/telepathy.
I personally believe in this state we would have been much closer to the source.

Depending on your views all animals could have souls/spirits and be intelligent in ways we don't quite comprehend. Plus nature seems to love the company of animals.

there is something more you can find it while your here. but no one can give it to you.
Meditation or yoga both wonderful for getting into the energy.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Telepathy still isn't the same as language. It's a guess at best. And all im saying is our soul is the exact same as any other mammal, to think that something that lives on the same planet and stemmed from the same roots is any less of a species than us, is just unreasonable.

And the only thing I have found is it's best to live in your own rules, while bending societies rules to the max without breaking them. If you enjoy doing something, do it. Our egotistical counterparts judge us because they think they are the only thing that exists in the world and they don't want to tarnish their amazingly important reputation by hanging out with someone that goes against the grain, as far as what humans accept as good, goes.

If no one was ever enticed to murder, then no one would do it. Because they are neglected of the love and compassion that they deserve because they are a little different, it leads them to take extreme and affirmitave action. It's our own faults that the world is the way it is. Everyone is scared to question and rise up against anyone that holds any power.

join