It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Failed Two Easy Math Question To Prove I'm NOT a Computer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It is with great sadness, and slight trepidation that I post this, But I feel I have an absolute duty to do so. A few months or weeks back, (I know, sad) I remember a thread about how our memory recall of either time/events, and or words/spelling which are commonly used in daily writing/speaking tasks have recently declined to levels seen only in those with below average learned skills.

So now I feel really bad when I go on over to ZeroHedge.com to read The Latest Treatise on the greatly Failed or Highly successful (depending on your views) T-Bill auction today.

So I post the following -

"USA=ROYAL FLUSH

Think in terms of the G-8 playing poker in Vegas.

Now think in purely symbolic terms. Any questions?"

So I hit post and it asks for an answer to an easy mathematics question to allow me to post.

So I'm no genius when it comes to mathematics, but I don't consider myself a doorknob either....So imagine my shock and horror when I FAIL not one but TWO supposedly EASY math questions to verify whether or not I'm a Human or a Computer posting spam.

Are the math questions really easy? Scroll down, try to post, and see if you can pass.

So anyone else having these kind of problems and with enough ballz and guts to admit it please post.

And another thing. Have we fallen to such absurd levels of common sense intelligence to ASSuME that anyone who can't answer a "simple" math question must either be an unthinking computer, or TOO DUMB to be allowed to post!

Heaven help USa..We are in some DEEP @%#$ and it isn't pretty.

In my defense, I did recall ALL of the harder words used in the above post and hope they were used in the correct context. I did need to use spell checker on a few words like mathematics, and many typo's.

EdIt - only about 12 hours sleep in the past 5 days (not by choice) could also skew the results. I forgot about that. Sleep deprivation is at an all time high.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, I have been humiliated by some stupid website that tells you what you should be when you grow up.

I am a strait A+ student, I love astronomy, and the lowest score I've ever gotten is probably a B.

But still I guess I'd be a better vending machine repair guy... No joke.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilthunda00
Yes, I have been humiliated by some stupid website that tells you what you should be when you grow up.

I am a strait A+ student, I love astronomy, and the lowest score I've ever gotten is probably a B.

Whether tongue in cheek with just a hint of sarcastic superiority thrown in, or sincere reply, I'm not sure. But hey, could a computer pick up the difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

No I'm 100% serious. Even though it's kinda funny..
hehe

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It might be helpful if you post the questions you found difficult as I just went tried the site and got asked the simplest question ever which, of course, I got correct.

It was: ? plus -47 equals -106

Didn't even need to take my shoes off to answer that one

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
When you say "TO PROVE I'm not a computer", what does that mean? What if you are a computer and had a code that forces you to occasionally behave un-computer like, and thus make it appear you are not a computer, and then the code tells you to go post about it on ATS?!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I thought you were going to say, you said, "2-2=1" on some math test, in order to prove that results were not predefined and free will reigned supreme.

I was a little confused to read the rest your post....

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't remember. It was another - (number) - (number) = - (number)

Did they mean negative number - or was the - just used to seperate the results.

Of course I chose negative number to answer and missed it twice.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
I thought you were going to say, you said, "2-2=1" on some math test, in order to prove that results were not predefined and free will reigned supreme.

I was a little confused to read the rest your post....

Well, go to the site and see how condescending they are. Try to post and read the smart a-- "quote". I mean are they really all that easy? And if so, I'm really effed up.

Ah, but would a computer know it was really effed up without another background program to tell it so?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilthunda00

If you are a STRAIGHT(noticed how it is spelled) A student then we as a society are doomed.

So much for social promotion,we have created a society of dolts.
Maybe ATS should implement something like this to keep away the frivolous posters.

But then again nobody would be here.

new topics

top topics

join