It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How many people think things are going to remain the way they are now for the next 10-20 years?
The way things are looking, and i am not alone in this, we have several paths that the human race can go down that will take us into this next era/age. When it comes to talking about our destruction, it seems the threads are endless and there isn't much optimism out there.
Why?
Is it because nobody knows a better solution? Besides taking the small steps, like taking care of yourself and those around you, there isn't a lot of options. We can not do a whole lot to influence the changes that so many predict, politically and geophysically, or it may seem.
A Dark Age or a Golden Age. I don't want this thread to be about a coming dark age. We hear what may happen, whats happening and whats happened in the past everyday.

If things are going to get extremely worse or extremely better, lets discuss the latter. Even talk about interest groups or organizations you feel are already putting in this effort to better our future. Talk about what you think would be ideal for our planet. I want to include the world as a whole. How will we reach that stage from our current stance?

I will start with my prediction/suggestion.

Government. Can people thrive without government? In this ideal society, would we want to place the peoples fate in a group of individuals hands, like we have in the past? After they failed us again and again, how would a new society look at this?

I think America could have been great,but corruption always seems to seep in.Is it because of money? Maybe.Survival. Control? Probably. I believe a society with no currency seems logical. All 'limited' resources should be split equally amongst every living human, if that is even necessary.We will eventually get to the point where there is no crime. What would be humanities common goal? How would you unite the world to move towards that common goal? The tentacles of whomever are orchestrating the events nowadays are rooted deep and i don't think their plans for the future have our best interest in mind. In fact, I know they don't. When their plan fails and government collapses, What type of government will fall in place?
Should we up and leave, grab as many architect, scientist, engineers as we can get and go start a new civilization? Probably wouldn't work and if it did, we'd probably be killed (Trying to be positive).
Waiting to hear your 2 cents.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by EarthWanderer]

[edit on 23-2-2010 by EarthWanderer]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In my dream world, we'll see the next age develop into an age of understanding our global brotherhood, without a desire for global government. Nationalism is dying, as kids from all countries are playing online games together, having fun together. Online, humanity acts as a collective; we share our thoughts, musings, info, pictures, audio, video, etc online at no cost. CraigsList pretty much knocked the 'confidentials' out of the newspapers, and it's free for all of us...!

So yeah, let's get rid of the concept of 'Ownership' and start sharing this beautiful planet!

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
warning, you'll be surprised

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The way it is come to be and happens is a script set forth as inevitable and unavertable,
when one sees the line of truth in the successive dates being put in the margins of prophecy,
it is considered "doom and gloom" -but the prophets' words were about the glory of GOD...

He is revealed -by the events coming- to the whole world who sees the truth of His story,
and all come to serve Him to whom all pertains which was given to us
-the creator, creation, creatures, and creativity itself- even to recreate!

Because the power of creation is opened as destruction He comes with (as it is His power) taking to Himself to create co-creators to His Source ("Father") who are to Him in Shabat...

The Earth shall be the seed that dies to grow into a tree of life growing throughout the Universe,
and remain a monument congregated upon as the grand central station and Universal Capital,
Jerusalem.

[edit on 2010/2/24 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The next age may be one where we all know that each one of us are brothers and sisters. We are all souls experiencing life in this temporary physicality and we all originate from one source. Everything in existence was created by some grand consciousness so we will all have respect for everything that is. We will be focused on understanding one another instead of being focused on our own ego's satisfaction.

All the systems we have currently would have to change in relation to our new found universal truth or be scrapped all together for something new. This is the kind of mind frame i see humanity moving towards in a possible 3rd density future. If one believes in the whole density concept then we may be in the 4th soon which would bring a new age we can't fully comprehend yet. I have some ideas on that outcome too but would be typing for days.

Or maybe it will be doom and gloom and we all die or maybe nothing happens at all. 2012 will just be y2k all over again and the world goes on as it is.

I guess we shall see...

Spexx

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Why do people wait for the $hit to hit the fan before they act? People cant work unless they being paid?
Something needs to be done, now.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthWanderer
Why do people wait for the $hit to hit the fan before they act? People cant work unless they being paid?
Something needs to be done, now.

I've given this a bit of thought and really the only hope we have is if this system is the way the universe actually works, otherwise we'll likely destroy ourselves.

I've got my fingers crossed.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes i have read your thread on scarcity quite a while ago. Brilliant. That can be a possible way intelligent beings evolve.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

We have to start creating our wishes, the new era without money, banks corporations, realtors, slave labor. High education and volunteering, and high clean technology. Advanced telepathy and cosmic education. There is no need for any government. What we need instead is cosmically educated citizens who take turns being called up in leadership roles jury duty and for any advisoring positions, with equal numbers called up to watch them and complete cooperation and telepathy redering all open and understood.

And I keep seeing arrests made on the leaders here, who knows.

But the time is now. Its past the 11th hour and we are not going to have to get at waking people up and planning safety, cooperation and civilized caring societies. No mad max's may apply.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What do you guys think about the venus project? I thought it was a refreshing idea and this guy is on the right track, but something doesn't sit right with me about him.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The " next age" as you call it is one of poverty, globalization, and industrial greed. It's like the wild west all over again.

appreciate what you have now, ... this will be considered a golden era in human history. Trust me.

So many people are unthankful for everything they have, and the enviroment they live in. There is almost no better time to be alive, .... were all right here, on the rim of the toilet, .... right before it all goes to hell. Can't you see that ??

Cherish it.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well damn, don't make it easy for 'em!! You sound like you've given up already....

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can manipulate reality

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapsghetti

I can manipulate reality

Could you send like a hamburger my way or something dude?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapsghetti

If your not joking, .... we should talk.

u2u me.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthWanderer
What do you guys think about the venus project? I thought it was a refreshing idea and this guy is on the right track, but something doesn't sit right with me about him.

For me the Venus Project might be ideal only once we are living in peace for many thousands of years. Otherwise it might just develop into a prison environment where you must comply with all rules of the society or be imprisoned. That is fear though...I am sure there are many people that could transition to a sharing environment if everything became instantly automatically produced. If we invent the replicator tomorrow, and self powered generators and houses that build themselves I could see people buying into the Venus Project. However, the Venus Project needs a stepping point between this world and the future. We need to grow up a bit before that is ever possible. At least that is how I feel about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is the next age - we moved into it after 9/11/2001. The ugliness has only just begun.

1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, THX1138, Children of Men, etc. weren't warnings. They were previews.

top topics

join