It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioshock 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Started this up on Sunday night and have made it through Ryan Amusements so far. Great game by itself, slight letdown from the first Bioshock, however. (Some changes they made were pretty good... I like the more plentiful splicers and the whole Big Daddy concept + harvest tasks are great. Some I don't like at all... like the new hacking. They took the brains out of the process and made it purely a reflex thing. Also sorely miss the Ammo Bandito & Circus of Values "talking" to you as you get close to them. I do not know why the developers took that out. Waiting to see if U-Invent stayed in the series as I have not seen one of the machines yet. Hopefully they kept it in because it was a cool feature in the first game for sure.)

After going through all the Andrew Ryan animatronic soliloquies in Ryan Amusements, I am more convinced than ever that he'd have made a great ATS member. Probabaly would have spent most of his time in the Political and Global Meltdown forums, with the ocassional jaunt into medical issues and Secret Societies.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I picked this up the day it came out but have not been able to play much. I am also at the Amusements section. I like the duel wielding of the new game, however, i would have liked the controls to have been fixed up. There is something about the aiming and shooting that i don't like and i cannot quite put my finger on what it is.

I did find the machines lack of talking very odd. As soon as i came upon one and it wasn't speaking i thought there was a problem with my sound ahahaa. I loved the machines talking mainly because sometimes in the previous game you were hanging out for the next machine to restock. The relief of hearing 'CIRCUS OF VALUES' was huge.

Thought the visuals would have been a little more updated.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
Thought the visuals would have been a little more updated.

LOL! I upgraded from a 26" LCD to a 52" Plasma since finishing the original, so the graphics on 2 have hit me as being incredible. Maybe I should fire up the first one on the new TV because you're not the first person I've seen comment on a visual letdown.

I haven't had any issues with the aiming system, but control-wise, I do have one beef. Either they eliminated the abillity to use an Eve hypo manually or I haven't been able to find the control to do it. It isn't a game breaker by any means, but there were plenty of times in the first game when I would see I was sitting at almost no Eve on my meter and would manually use a hypo before tackling a Big Daddy or even entering a new area. Nothing worse than having the game automatically use a hypo just as you get attacked and dealing with a couple of seconds where you're basically defenseless.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I never remember the option of manually injecting EVE in the first one. I always just used a plasmid and drained it to inject a new one.

I DID however find how to do it in Bioshock2. I am not at home so i cannot verify it but i think when i held down the right weapon menu it was an option. Or was it in the pause menu. I cannot remember exactly.

[edit on 23/2/2010 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You mean Bioshock 2 already came out? Man ive been stuck here too damn long! What is the pricetag on the game?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You mean Bioshock 2 already came out? Man ive been stuck here too damn long! What is the pricetag on the game?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

I haven't had any issues with the aiming system, but control-wise, I do have one beef. Either they eliminated the abillity to use an Eve hypo manually or I haven't been able to find the control to do it.

It's true that there is, by default, no means of manually applying an Eve hypo in Bioshock 2.

However, you can add this ability by editing the 'user.ini' file in the folder ...users/[YourName]/appdata/roaming/Bioshock2 (in Windows Vista/7)

Find the key you wish to bind to use an Eve hypo, for example 'V=', and type in InjectBioAmmo after the equal sign.

Save the file, restart BS2, and this should work. Hope it helps; it certainly did for me.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Guys, who knows , where do I download Bioshock 2? I am dying to play it!

new topics

top topics

join