It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research reveals "writing" dates back over 30,000 years - 26 repeated "signs"!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Man will never cease to amaze, from his power to wonder to his power to fail.
One thing that I am really starting to realize is that the human species is given FAR less credit than it rightly deserves.

Unfortunately for ufology, this lends a hand to debunking the phenomenon.
They could sketch animals, (damn well and with style I might add!) they left symbols, which I believe were simple pictograms to show that food/water sources were near and other things as stated above; clans/families, dangers, etc...
yet they couldn't relate something as spectacular as aerial phenomena or sightings of other worldly beings..

I definitely believe that the best is yet to come...
Every day our knowledge expands and we learn how to better the search and preservation of artifacts. This is truly an amazing find!
S+F!! fo' sho'!

I think most of us can have a good gander at guessing the meanings of the pictograms, but I really can't wait to see what 'mister scientist' has to say

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Man that has got to be the most fascinating thing ever on this site. Something about the human physiology that explains whats in common of all the cultures developments. Just adds more credibility to the idea of a collective consciousness though based on human nature...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There's mothing at all in any scientific evidence to suggest that Man hasnt had roughly the same core, mental capacities for at least 20,000 years.

If you look at human development we've actually taken a very, very long time to even get to that 20,000 year mark so it's more likely 100,000 year periods to see significant changes.

I dont think anyone would argue that mental capacity has changed much in the last 1000 years ; it's jut that we can now share information quicker and we build on the succeses of others.

I can quite happily imagine small groups of Humans with similar mental capacity to us roaming the planet in small groups trying to survive for the last 50,000 years.

Obviously they dont need domestication and writing because there are reltively few of them ( there are more Humans alive today than the total number of modern humans who have ever lived ) and they just move around, focussing on survival.

We get a break when the last of the other "Humans" die out around 30,000 years and we take over the planet in an orgy of violence and creativity.

Again I think the "Man was stupid"v iew is implanted in us by the common education system to keep us in line via underlining how good we've got it now.

I think I'd prefer a bit of hunting and gathering with family time on a sparsely populated earth to todays accpeted norm.

It's almost like we've been domesticated ourselves?????

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Drawing is in a way a form of writing, much like signing with hands is a way of talking.

When my son wasn't talking at age 2 they used a combination of signing and a book of pictures to help communicate with us where he would take a picture of what he wanted to show to us while the teachers were trying to teach him to talk.

When I see cave paintings, I see this same thing in them as I saw in the communication used for my son with his pictures. Symbols are just another form of the pictures used to communicate as well. It takes some time for symbols to be used together and repeated in the same sequence for them to be called a language.

As far as ancient man being any less intelligent than modern man, just because my son was unable to communicate through language did not make him any less intelligent than other children. He is now 4 and talks up a storm (can’t shut the kid up), he is able to use my old laptop computer to play his learning games on, by himself with his younger brother hovering over him. He can use the mouse or the touchpad and keyboard, and very well, which proves at least to me the intelligence isn't vocabulary dependant talking or written because to me he proves every day how intelligent he is not just by using the computer but other things he does as well.

If my son at age 4 is able to be very intelligent, our distant ancestors must have been equally as intelligent (keep in mind that the early years of our life we are the most able to learn new things and remember those new things), learning new things and teaching these to their next generation. The symbols and wall art from long ago just helps show us a small window into the intelligence they were capable of.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Awesome find and post! The most info I have seen on this ever!

It kind of reminds me when I was little, and couldn't understand writing, but I understood shapes. My name used to be a crooked triangle, and mom was a square, dad a circle, brother some sort of cross thing....

Im sure that i just repeated what id seen, obviously, but it shows that we are made to write things down in some way! OR conditioned to do it, I dont know.

ANYWHO....thanks for the info!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
fascinating post, nice to see this bumped as I'd of never spotted it otherwise!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is interesting to me because of my obsession with the Venus Figures. The Venus figures are found mostly in France and Germany, but also reach out to siberia. There are 3 main sites in Europe and 1 site in Siberia.

What amazes me is that in a 15,000 year period, there have been around 10 "venus" figures that all look connected somehow.

What does this mean? In 30,000 BC it now appears that some kind of human was living in western europe with the ability to paint, sculpt, play music (the oldest flute, 35,000 years old, was found in a german cave) and probably communicate with written language. This culture was passed down for at least 10,000 years and traveled 1000's of miles.

I love to think of this time period and really wonder what life was like. Were there huge cities? Did they live in communities that passed down culture with 100,000's of people living within the city walls? Why are we finding 10+ woman statues, when we never find any, ANY male statues anywhere close to that old.

Why are there no male statues in europe? Why only women?!?! This is so strange to me. It only makes me think that woman ruled the land, not men. in Washington DC, there are many statues and only a handful are of women:

en.wikipedia.org...

Also i find it interesting that these statues are very rarely discussed. I find things that are amazing and very rarely discussed usually means there is something to it. For example, the Sumerians are one of the greatest civs we have ever seen but we obsess and focus on the Egyptians when the Sumerians "gave" us so much. Same with how the west views india's history and religion, they reject it and ignore it when there is something truly amazing they possess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join