It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lizard Man In The Southeast USA Lizard Man of South Carolina Revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I searched the ATS for articles about the Lizard Man from South Carolina and I found only one thread about it. It is from 2005 and is found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why open it up again? Because something happened in 2008 that was not part of the thread and nobody has covered it since. Here is a bit of background info on the Lizard Man from South Carolina before I go on.

"The Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp (also known as the Lizard Man of Lee County) is a humanoid cryptid which is said to inhabit areas of swampland in and around Lee County, South Carolina.

The Lizard Man is described as being 7 feet (2 m) tall, bipedal, and well built, with green scaly skin and glowing red eyes. It is said to have three toes on each foot and three fingers on each hand which end in a circular pad on them that stick to walls. The creature has an incredible degree of strength, more than capable of ripping into a car.

The first reported sighting of the creature was made by Christopher Davis, a 16 year old local, who said he encountered the creature while driving home from work at 2 AM on June 29, 1988.[3][2][4] According to his account, Davis stopped on a road bordering Scape Ore Swamp in order to change a tire which had blown out. When he was finishing up he reported having heard a thumping noise from behind him and having turned around to see the creature running towards him.[5][2]

Davis said the creature tried to grab at the car and then jumped on its roof as he tried to escape, clinging on to it as Davis swerved from side to side in an effort to throw it off. After he returned home, Davis' side-view-mirror was found to be badly damaged, and scratch marks were found on the car's roof, though there was no other physical evidence of his encounter"

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, if it ended there it would be one thing, but check out this clip from CNN from 2008

www.cnn.com...#/video/offbeat/2008/03/01/sc.lizard.man.update.wis

"The Lizard Man is back!" cry the townsfolk. The damage to this man's car could have come from a bear , and the sheriff says it could have come from a coyote, but people in the town are crying out that it's the lizard man. Now, watch this clilp. At the end where you hear the South Carolina's Sherriff talking about the Lizard Man.

Ok, now, it gets even more weird. The damage was passed off as being attributed to a coyote, but look at this article here. A cow and a coyote both turn up dead in these people's field. This is in the same town as the original sighting and it is the same couple who had damage to their van in the clip above.

Dead cow, coyote found near site of "Lizard Man" mystery
Posted: Mar 06, 2008 7:37 PM EST
Updated: Apr 01, 2008 7:14 PM EST

"We have been following a renewed investigation into the "Lizard Man."

Thursday we have learned that two dead animals were found in a field near the home of Dixie and Bob Rawson. The Lee County Sheriff's Department says it could be linked to some pretty serious damage to the Rawson's van.

Last week, the Rawsons showed us how the van's front grill was chewed up, and how the wheel wells on both sides were bent. When some of the Rawson's cats went missing too, neighbors said the "Lizard Man" might be responsible.

Lee County Sheriff E.J. Melvin is out to inspect the field near the Rawsons on his four-wheeler. "Just going to ride the field, see if there are anymore animals laying out dead."

Already, they've found a cow and a coyote. It's significant in that they were both found only yards away from the Rawsons' car.

"This is out of a book," says Dixie Rawson. And now, Rawson doesn't know what's fiction and what's real
WIS News 10 first showed you last week the bite marks and bends on her van. Neighbors told her it was the Lizard Man - a seven-foot green giant whose first reported sighting near Scape Ore Swamp 20 years ago entrenched him as a legend in these parts, a legend that's never been confirmed.

So investigators told the Rawsons not to worry, all that must have been done by some other animal - likely, a coyote. Now Dixie Rawson asks, "If the coyote did this damage, what killed the coyote and the cow? Was it the Lizard Man? I don't know."

Sheriff E.J. Melvin says, "I don't want to get anybody alarmed. But for some reason, I'm sticking with the coyote. But the coyote, that coyote is dead"
www.wistv.com...

WTF?

Here's the end of the article

"What's left now is more speculation. Authorities had hoped to extract some blood left on the van's hood, but the Department of Natural Resources says the sample taken was somehow contaminated. For the record, DNR believes the holes were made by a dog - a dog trying to get at cats underneath the cars.

About a half-dozen of the Rawsons cats are still missing nearly a week after the attack on their car. The passing time is doing little to answer their questions.

Dixie Rawson says, "We're here in this quiet little town and all of a sudden, this happens."

How this happened, no one is quite sure yet - making clear only that the Lizard Man mystery isn't ready to be solved"

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's probably that damn mothman. Someone needs to find that dude.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know much but I know I need more ammo.

Super strength evil lizardmen = bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Qaw2594

This creature is described as Lizard-like, as opposed to Moth-like.
So it can't be Mothman

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't know much either , my friend.

Having said that, I was born and raised in the heart of the Bible belt. I know the South like the back of my hand, the people I mean, and I can tell you for sure the people in this town have doubled or even tripled their ammo supply since the appearance of this thing.
They are not kidding.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What the heck happened to that hood and bumper of that Dodge?

Looks like it/he/she chew on it.
Here's a working link for the video:
CNN Report Lizard Man
Too bad those rednecks forgot to take some DNA samples of that battered car.

I'm glad I don't live in South Carolina.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
What the heck happened to that hood and bumper of that Dodge?

Looks like it/he/she chew on it.
Here's a working link for the video:
CNN Report Lizard Man
Too bad those rednecks forgot to take some DNA samples of that battered car.

I'm glad I don't live in South Carolina.

The bumper and that hood are absolutely destroyed, Regenstorm. It's bizarre.

I can't believe that link wasn't working this whole time. Thanks a whole lot for that working link.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Its either a Reptilian or an Aquatic man that can travel from underwater caverns into the swamps.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon is based off of legend...
"Producer William Alland had heard an obscure South American legend about a swamp monster that was often described as an amalgamation of a turtle fish, alligator, and a human."
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf49cb6841a9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-2-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I had not heard of aquatic man, before. And I didn't know that film was based on Native American Legend. Thanks.
Interesting.
The Native Americans out west have their own legends about the Lizard Men.
Strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is an interesting case.

Regarding the film, Gary Ross, son of the screenwriter of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Arthur Ross, has stated that he based it on a "lung fish that was found around that time."

"The coelacanth is the inspiration for Creature from the Black Lagoon, which was released in 1954."

Here's the link

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I have read about the case of the young man being attacked by the creature and the main thing that comes across is he was absolutely terrified by the incident. That was noted by the law enforcement officers on the case.

Most 16 year old boys do not scare easily, especially ones from the South.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Awesome research! Just be sure to use [-quote] [-/quote] (without the dashes) around copied and pasted material!

I wonder if the cryptid made the boy's tire go flat. I've heard of that happening before in some paranormal cases.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Dragonsmusic -interesting thread.

There are some other 'lizard men' reports listed below from the U.S.,South America and the Ukraine.

Rio Claro, Brazil - 1965

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7a9066b4553.gif[/atsimg]

Link

Bogota, Colombia - early 1980:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfd58f87cbe1.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Big Springs, Texas - June 2005:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/beb9c57dadb2.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

William’s Lake, Michigan - May 15th 1976:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a76aa1fb7e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Komsomolskoye, Crimea, Ukraine - July 17th 2005:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43e7f0500b6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Laguna Don Tomas, near Santa Rosa, La Pampa, Argentina - March 2 2005

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e56bbdd52356.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Devil’s Swamp, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana - August 2006

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0247e2a8943a.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by xynephadyn

I had not heard of aquatic man, before. And I didn't know that film was based on Native American Legend. Thanks.
Interesting.
The Native Americans out west have their own legends about the Lizard Men.
Strange.

also in upper state new york the 3 most known legends are Limmikin
the best known movie is the Wolfen that tells about the Limmikin aka werewolf < shape shifter but more like the movie blood and chocolate loup garou
www.werewolves.com...

Quite a few Native American tribes are familiar with the idea of a man transforming from man to beast. The belief is known in many tribes including the Mohawk (whose territories once covered upstate New York to southern Quebec) where those that could shift were known as limmikin (sometimes yenaloosi)

the Movie Wolfen my Favorite movie
Iron Workers (Members of the Iroquois (First Nation(Mohawk) The Bar Scene Please when Skip to the exact 1.00 min mark for the Bar Scene
The Speech is very well done
The clip
www.youtube.com...

and the Little People < this subject i will not touch alot on but just think Europe legends ( the leprechaun Irish folklore almost similar to this ! www.legendsofamerica.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

here some are from the area talks about the little people and saw them
ufocasebook.conforums.com...

ats thread = www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the wendigo < Cree & Mohawk legends
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you very much for that summary. They all have a similar appearance, like the ridge between the eyes.
If a creature like this would exist, it probably would be able and wanted to hide itself for humans, at least I would if I was a humanoid.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Pesky Trandoshans....

But really, I have hunted for years, and coyotes are common around here. A coyote did not do that to that car.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sysop317

how about a moutain lion or a limmikin in my local area

www.cryptomundo.com...

big foot ? Werewolf ? giant rabbit ? LOL as the blood you see is from a rabbit as it was analyzed!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
These people cannot, can't make this up. Just just this one story but many others in different countrys. If they are from the South, they know a WOLF from a LIZARD upright with three fingers and three toes. A single wolf, killing another wolf and a cow doesn't make sense, then following scratching a car does not make sense. Is it possible? Yes.

Are these lizard men creatures in mythology and real life sightings? Many yes.

The locals are not profiting from this story and believe this lizard man to exist. If these creatures have intelligence as us man , it is unknown besides basic bahavior of reptiles, if an investigation were to occur in the entire swamp waters, searching inside the swamp under to finding secret hidden spot for a reptile lizard man creature to live, now that would be a good story to see if it has a swamp home.

It may be that these creatures exist. If it were to be hidden, it may go inside the swamp waters.

What if this swamp water inside has a HIDDEN underwater cave like our surface? Is this possible? Yes!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by FungShuiMyLife]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think these should be known also.

One of them is extremely funny.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
This is an interesting case.

Regarding the film, Gary Ross, son of the screenwriter of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Arthur Ross, has stated that he based it on a "lung fish that was found around that time."

"The coelacanth is the inspiration for Creature from the Black Lagoon, which was released in 1954."

Here's the link

Thanks, beast. I'm glad you find it interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join