It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO: The Stimulus Created Jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Graybeard

You fail to realize that all government employees also pay taxes, thus, paying themselves?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
All this stimulus talk... so little bailout talk

What caused all this mess in the first place?

One could hardly expect to talk about anything and ignore the circumstance.
Give me an instance where one would weigh an effect (reaction) while completely ignoring the cause?

The cow is dead

WHY???

Cause I shot it...

Point is the stimulus was a reaction to an unprecedented failure of government, laws, theory and application. A scaled down "civilian" version of the goings on would have produced many prisoners.

I keep encountering this disregard, the whole thing was a crock, start to finish... Very true the stimulus transfered money from the government to "workers". Yet the government does the same for private entities all the time however this seems to never make it on the docket here...

I digress

Would any of you like the idea of all those people/jobs receiving funds for nothing via the social safety net?

Be realistic about your fellow humans, not everyone is cut out to be a producer or out of the box business guru. Most of those people worked, got up, paid the bills, which helped prop up the financial hunger from the top,,,, although I can admit bang for buck
is probably not great. Other jobs saved because deflated earnings did not create more
terminations, layoffs, whatever.

A natural course of employment purging could have very well created systemic failure. This government is charged with keeping itself alive people. Is the job of the government to ensure that the embodiment of the"nation" founded upon the constitution is preserved, is it not?

Job #1, make sure America does not parish or suffer a mortal wound and if she does get wounded apply a BANDAID, steak or turd patch

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Janky Red]

<< 1   >>

join